BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trip abroad while being on JSA

Go down

Trip abroad while being on JSA Empty Trip abroad while being on JSA

Post by Jara Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Hello everyone!

In a few months I am planning on going abroad to visit my family. It's not often I get to see them as I am on JSA and not got a lot of money, but this time my parents been very kind and paid for the trip.

Me and my partner (who I live with) are both on a joint JSA claim. My trip will last about a week and during the trip my sign on will happen.

In the past I been signing off JSA for my trips to my family and leave my partner on a single JSA claim. That have worked most of the time as when I got back home I just been added back to the claim.

I suppose that no longer will work and we both have to go on Universal Credit again?

Is doing a JSA28 for the trip a good idea? Not sure if the border control will tell DWP that I left the country. Also might be fraud to lie on my JSA28 or leave the country while being on JSA.

Thank you for time reading Smile

Jara

Back to top Go down

Trip abroad while being on JSA Empty Re: Trip abroad while being on JSA

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Jara wrote:

Is doing a JSA28 for the trip a good idea? Not sure if the border control will tell DWP that I left the country. Also might be fraud to lie on my JSA28 or leave the country while being on JSA.

You have answered your own question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:24 pm

Miguel1975 wrote:
Jara wrote:

You have answered your own question.

Indeed. JSA28 is not an option for me, even though it's tempting.

So I guess I can't avoid having to go on UC if I want to go on this trip then. My partner is not too happy having to be without money for a whole month because of my one week trip.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down