BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universal Credit work coach woes

4 posters

Go down

Universal Credit work coach woes Empty Universal Credit work coach woes

Post by Randomjobseeker1127 Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:41 pm

Looking for some advice on how to proceed.
My advisor has until now been fine, happy with my job log (I provide a written account).
Last appointment she changed what she wants; I've been told to provide evidence showing actions taken each day (I was doing a weekly log), she also wants to know how long every action takes, and asked for more details on each action (her example was to put down how I researched and tailored each job). Finally I'm now on weekly appointments as I'm not doing enough to find work and should be applying for 5 jobs a day.
Any advice on how to handle this would be appreciated.

Randomjobseeker1127

Back to top Go down

Universal Credit work coach woes Empty Re: Universal Credit work coach woes

Post by Absolut Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi Random

Hopefully someone who knows more about UC rules and regs will come along shortly. Under JSA a work coach can't set a specified amount of jobs to be applied for each day because it's unenforceable, but I don't know if the same is true of UC Sad This is because there may not be 5 suitable jobs per day to apply for. A work coach may vary a CC but only if it is appropriate, reasonable, achievable and within any restrictions you may have. If you disagree with what is in your CC you can ask a decision maker to review it.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Randomjobseeker1127 wrote:Looking for some advice on how to proceed.
My advisor has until now been fine, happy with my job log (I provide a written account).
Last appointment she changed what she wants; I've been told to provide evidence showing actions taken each day (I was doing a weekly log), she also wants to know how long every action takes, and asked for more details on each action (her example was to put down how I researched and tailored each job). Finally I'm now on weekly appointments as I'm not doing enough to find work and should be applying for 5 jobs a day.
Any advice on how to handle this would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome RJ!

You can provide your work search in any format you like.  

The reason JCP staff ask claimants to provide evidence in a particular way is, to make their life easier!  No

Relevant guidance:

When making an assessment on whether the claimant has met their work search activities in
their Claimant Commitment, the WC must consider whether the claimant has spent sufficient
time doing these activities and has done all they can reasonably be expected to do to find work.
This is based on:
  their conversation with the claimant  
  evidence available including the quality of the
activities undertaken and the time spent doing
them  
  outcomes resulting from the activities  
This should not be a numerical exercise in adding up the individual hours spent on each activity,
as this will not provide an assessment of the quality of the activities undertaken or the capabilities
of individual claimants.
If the claimant has done all they can reasonably be expected to do to find work and this has
taken them less than their 'expected hours', this is fine and the claimant should be treated as
complying with the requirement.
All available Work Search evidence should be considered, including :
  the claimant's Universal Jobmatch account
  any Claimant Commitment Pack 'My work plan'
stencils, diary or record the claimant has kept of
their activities
  print-outs of jobs they have applied for
  letters from employers
  updated CVs

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/420641/response/1014842/attach/html/4/Annex%201%20Work%20Search%20Reviews%20KM.pdf.html

Official UC tips for recording 35 hour jobsearch....
https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t2045-tips-for-recording-your-35-hours-a-week-job-search-activity

You can only apply for vacancies relevant to your experience, qualifications and capabilities.  It would be unlawful for the wc to specify a numerical job application target within your UC claimant commitment.

Edit
The 35 hour is an expectation. If you have completed all the actions in your CC and applied for the jobs you can that is sufficient.

Hope this makes sense!?

Last edited by Non Deficere on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:07 pm

welcome to the site Randomjobseeker1127

would you be on any coarse or scheme that would require a weekly sign on or to provide your jobsearch ?

has this only happened recently ?

have you come off any coarse recently where dwp put you through an intensive programe ?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomjobseeker1127 Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:34 am

Thank you everyone for the regulation quotes / information.
Admin, not on any course (or have been for a while), this happened last appointment.

Randomjobseeker1127

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:43 pm

Randomjobseeker1127 wrote:Thank you everyone for the regulation quotes / information.
Admin, not on any course (or have been for a while), this happened last appointment.

Rj,

Let us know how you get on please!
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:22 am

Randomjobseeker1127 wrote:she changed what she wants; I've been told to provide evidence showing actions taken each day (I was doing a weekly log), she also wants to know how long every action takes, and asked for more details on each action (her example was to put down how I researched and tailored each job).

Link may be out of date but:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/163018/response/398294/attach/3/CC%20Narrative%20short.pdf

In articulating a work search plan we will expect advisers to focus on quality of work search not quantity. We do not intend to set out in guidance how long any particular activity should take as this will vary from claimant to claimant. Where a claimant has done all that could reasonably be expected of them – for example they have applied for all suitable jobs and undertaken all the activities set out in their work search and work preparation plan - this may be considered sufficient even where the time taken was less than the hours expected.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:06 pm

jcp was running an intensive coarse i think was a daily exercise at one time part of the reason why ive asked you in the first place

there is this reference

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/all_jsa_claimants_to_sign_weekly
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomjobseeker1127 Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:19 pm

I survived. Had two pages of written rules and she kind of went quiet and told me to come back in two weeks.
My thanks for all the advice.

Randomjobseeker1127

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:32 pm

your welcome

thankyou for letting us know your feedback on the subject
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down