BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSCS card rip off!

+2
Mary_FV
oneman
6 posters

Go down

CSCS card rip off! Empty CSCS card rip off!

Post by oneman Tue May 16, 2017 1:02 am

CSCS card rip off!

Has anyone noticed that their CSCS card has expired and they have changed the card name so we all have to pay out for another test and card at £50!!! No
i'M F****d If I'm going to pay to keep someone else in a job. Jobcenter - Says there are no funds available for this.
I asked for a variation to my claimant commitment as this will affect my job search as this card is needed in about 50% of my applications.

Dropped myself right in it as I do not have a signed claimant commitment! Shocked  and never have. Neutral

Not sure what will happen now as, not having a signed claimant commitment is against the regulations but Iv'e never had one for many years now!

What hornet's nest have I disturbed, Again. Mad
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

CSCS card rip off! Empty Re: CSCS card rip off!

Post by Mary_FV Tue May 16, 2017 4:59 am

Your original complaint should still stand.

JCP will know that you do not have a CC.

A CC is a Jobseeker's Agreement, so you are still entitled to JSA.

I am sure if you were offered a job/interview DWP would pay for a renewal card.

The Flexible Support is discretionary and the same rules apply to JSA and UC claimants:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/290283/response/711403/attach/3/FOI%203775.pdf

Last edited by Mary_FV on Tue May 16, 2017 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FSF ling)
Mary_FV
Mary_FV

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Tue May 16, 2017 7:20 am

oneman wrote:CSCS card rip off!

Has anyone noticed that their CSCS card has expired and they have changed the card name so we all have to pay out for another test and card at £50!!! No
I was told by a roach at my previous jobcentre that if I paid for the test etc myself and brought the receipts to him after passing  they would pay for it. I think he was just bullshitting me tbh. Where he expected anyone on benefits to find the money for the test and card I don't know, even though with a renewed card your chances of finding employment in construction will go up about 100% they're not interested. They'd rather put you on some stupid course which offers no guarantee of work on completion and would cost much more money.
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue May 16, 2017 9:22 am

This is true, and the same applies to DBS checks. pirat
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Tue May 16, 2017 9:29 am

Yep, my hubby had to pay 50% of his initial CRB and he has to pay 100% of his annual renewal cost in order to be able to continue to teach part time. The DWP doesn't pay anything towards it. They're not interested.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 11:18 am

to be honest its part of the american way either pay for it yourself if you want to work or dont work at all

and yes you may have really opened up that hornets nest that you so far have avoided over the years

this is going to get interesting on your behalf

abc had a good post on this last time over at um
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down