BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

council tax rise

+2
Brutus
bcham
6 posters

Go down

council tax rise Empty council tax rise

Post by bcham Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:48 am

im a single 60 year old male on jsa £73 a week, i just received a letter saying i will have to pay £25 from April the 25th. then £19 for the following 11 installments, is this correct as i can hardly manage as it is,

bcham

Back to top Go down

council tax rise Empty Re: council tax rise

Post by Brutus Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:34 am

From April 2013, local authorities across England were given the power to devise their own systems of Council Tax Support (CTS) for working-age adults. It replaced the national system of the Council Tax Benefit (CTB) which ensured that the poorest households did not have to pay council tax.

In the first year of CTS the funding available from central government was 10% less than that available under the former system of CTB (which central government funded in full). This central government funding for CTS has now been combined with the general grant that local authorities receive and is subject to the same cuts.

Each year the local authority decides how CTS should work in their area. Now in its fifth year, 264 (of 326) councils require everyone to pay at least some council tax regardless of income, 5 more than last year and 30 more than in April 2013.

From "Council tax Support"

See also "Wellfare.net"

The idea is to wear us down. To take away all the benefits acquired from previous generations efforts' and introduce an USA style system.
A semi-feudal society where the have have all the cards and benefits of globalisation and the have-not grovel at their feet, vying for the scraps.
Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:07 am

Our council tax has risen from £21 a month to £27 a month. JSA still frozen despite rising inflation and rising food prices.

Brutus is right in that we are all "vying for scraps". I pretty much live off sandwiches these days.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by bcham Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:02 pm

i thought there was a limit that some one had by law to live on, your right tv license going up. internet,food,council tax, water, gas ,electric,bus fares, clothes,and still are pittance stays the same,the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, tory scumbags,

bcham

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:13 pm

there was a limit at one time but thats been eroded away by central government now passing the buck to the la,s
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel-1 Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:50 pm

It annoys me, In my local area [ Labour ] a lot of people are Blaming Labour for the rise in Council Tax, But ignore that the Conservative Government has CUT the amount they give to Local Councils, so forcing up the Council Tax,
But they don't fool me, I won't Vote Tory under any Circumstances, Just another Tory Deception. Twisted Evil
Rebel-1
Rebel-1

Back to top Go down

Post by marvin Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:40 pm

if the council tax budjet was only cut by 10% in the 1st year why screw the unemployed by making them pay upto 30% of their council tax bill

marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down