BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Daily Mail is angry now sanctions have been scrapped

3 posters

Go down

The Daily Mail is angry now sanctions have been scrapped Empty The Daily Mail is angry now sanctions have been scrapped

Post by Archangel Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:32 am

Nice to see The Daily Fail angry. Their war on the poor has been halted now.

"Labour's war on 'sick note Britain'! Work and Pensions Secretary Liz Kendall pledges to get two million more people into work - but ditches tough plans to tackle welfare 'scroungers'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13665093/Labours-war-sick-note-Britain-Work-Pensions-Secretary-Liz-Kendall-pledges-two-million-people-work-ditches-tough-plans-tackle-welfare-scroungers.html

Archangel

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

The Daily Mail is angry now sanctions have been scrapped Empty Re: The Daily Mail is angry now sanctions have been scrapped

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:16 pm

If they put this in place now! will be some GREAT news Twisted Evil Thats something the Tories would never have done. Credit where it's due.

Back to top Go down

The Daily Mail is angry now sanctions have been scrapped Empty Re: The Daily Mail is angry now sanctions have been scrapped

Post by Ignatius Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:12 pm

I may still be suffering the effects of too much birthday cake (one of my aunties, bless her, baked me a cake that's bigger than a jobcentre security guards gut), but I didn't read anything in that article that suggests all benefit sanctions are to be scrapped. Rather, some of the more batshit ideas, like stopping benefits after 12 months, are not going to happen.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21, 2024 5:38 am

Yes, I agree Ignatius, after further study this doesn't look like coming about immediately...if at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tansis Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:58 am

Pretty sure I could write a study proving 'Purge Night' would stimulate the economy Embarassed

Tansis

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:52 am

Labour are being very coy about details regarding welfare reform. Not once have they mentioned toning down conditionality, for example. I don't expect them to get rid of it altogether, but at least they could make it less punitive. But I have scoured the internet for anything like that being said by Labour and have found nothing.

Archangel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:43 am

I think we can fully expect more hell to come. A major benefits shake up a-foot is my prediction. As Archangel says, their silent. And when they are, the reality is they show their true colors on how they feel it's best to treat the poor in winter time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:31 pm

Here is an interesting article criticising welfare conditionality:

"The Impact of Welfare Conditionality on Experiences of Job Quality"

Quote:

'More specifically, we identify how conditionality drives welfare recipients’ experience of four core dimensions of job quality: disempowering and propelling claimants towards inadequate pay, insecurity and poor employment terms, undermining multiple intrinsic characteristics of work and creating what we term a new ‘Work–Life–Welfare balance’. Instead of acting as a neutral arbitrator between jobseekers and employers, the welfare system is exposed as complicit in reinforcing one-sided flexibility through one-sided conditionality, by emphasising intensive job-seeking, while leaving poor-quality work provided by employers unchecked.'

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/09500170231219677#:~:text=The%20principle%20of%20welfare%20conditionality,behaviour%20(Deacon%2C%201994).

Archangel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:28 pm

See also:

‘UK Welfare Conditionality and Job Exploitation’ by Justin Roberts

'The article’s critique of the “Work First, Work More” approach is spot-on. This policy, which prioritises any job over job quality, pressures individuals to take on additional paid hours without addressing the core issues of job stability and quality. One participant in the study, Sarah, was put in a situation where she was compelled to search for additional work despite already juggling two jobs. This is a clear example of how this approach fails to support meaningful employment. Instead of fostering career progression, it perpetuates a cycle of job insecurity and superficial employment solutions.'

https://jeffreyside.wordpress.com/2024/09/10/uk-welfare-conditionality-and-job-exploitation-by-justin-roberts/

Archangel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:19 pm

''core issues of job stability and quality.''

That little issue is something the clever ones seem oblivious to...i wonder why, when there is so many vacancies out there at coffee and Pizza delivery central.

They forgot to add one other little thing, that being pay. But why would we want to get paid well, after all, work is good for us, even if unwell Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down