BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Starmer wants more in work and cut in benefits bill"

3 posters

Go down

"Starmer wants more in work and cut in benefits bill" Empty "Starmer wants more in work and cut in benefits bill"

Post by Archangel Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:51 pm

Starmer wants more in work and cut in benefits bill:

https://dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/2024/06/starmer-wants-more-in-work-and-cut-in-benefits-bill/

'Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer will today outline plans to get more people into the workforce and reduce the cost of welfare.

He will tell voters that “with Labour, those who can work, will work. I want more people to work, to get on at work and to get the benefits bill down”.

Announcing Labour’s Back to Work Plan with Shadow Work and Pensions Secretary Liz Kendall, Sir Keir will set out a series of reforms to employment support and welfare benefits that a future Labour government would get started on within weeks, if the party is elected at the general election on 4 July.

The Labour leader will take direct aim at the cost of continuity under the Conservatives, with spending on health and disability benefits for working age adults set to rise by more than 50% over the next five years, without change.

Labour will target an increase in the employment rate from 75% to 80% which would be the highest in the G7 and mean over two million more people in work across the UK.

As part of Labour’s first step to economic stability for the country, Keir Starmer will commit to a major programme of reform to support more people into work to bring the benefits bill down, including:

a new combined national jobs and careers service – bringing together jobcentreplus and the careers service – to get more people into work and to support those seeking better opportunities with the means to find better paid work

new local plans for work, health and skills support to get more people with health conditions and disabilities into work, with devolved funding and leadership from Mayors and local areas

a youth guarantee that will mean opportunities for training, an apprenticeship or help to find work for all young people aged 18- 21 years old, to prevent young people becoming excluded from the world of work at a young age.

Sir Keir said: “With Labour, those who can work, will work. We want more people into work, to get on at work and to get the benefits bill down.

“Under the Tories, there are too many people who are not in work, who should be. Too many people stuck in jobs with no promise of earning a better income. Young people who are yet to experience work, at risk of falling off the radar. We can’t go on like this. It’s time for change.

“The first step of my Labour government will be to create economic stability, which means getting a grip of the spiralling welfare bill that’s gone out of control under the Tories.

“We will set about, within days of a future government, reforming work support to get more people into work.”

The Labour leader says it is “a good thing that people are aspirational” and says that it is in tune with his changed Labour Party.

“When I say our No 1 mission is economic growth you could say our number one mission is wealth creation. Now that’s an odd thing for the Labour Party to say. It might have been in the past.”

Ms Kendall added: “Under the Tories, employment is falling, economic inactivity is rising and the benefits bill is soaring. Millions are stuck on lower pay, millions written off and nearly a million young people not in employment education or training.

“The health of our nation is critical to the health of our economy. They are two sides of the same coin.

“Labour will set to work on day one with our first steps to expand opportunity to those who have been let down by the Tories. This includes a youth guarantee that will mean training, an apprenticeship or help to work for all 18- 21 year olds.

“New local plans will be put in place, supported by Mayors across the country, to get people from economic inactivity and into work. And a national jobs and careers service to help people not only get into work but get on at work.”'

Archangel

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

"Starmer wants more in work and cut in benefits bill" Empty Re: "Starmer wants more in work and cut in benefits bill"

Post by Archangel Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:56 pm

Liz Kendall says:

"Jobcentres should do what they say on the tin. The truth is for the last 14 years, the overwhelming focus of the Department for Work and Pensions – and the succession of Tory ministers leading it – has been on benefits and the creation of Universal Credit.

Under Labour, the Department of Work and Pensions, and Job Centres will do what they say on the tin. We will have a relentless focus on helping more people get work, and get on at work. And on making workplaces healthier and more productive places to be."

https://labourlist.org/2024/03/labour-party-work-budget-2024-workers-unemployed-young-people-plan-benefit-work/#:~:text=Labour's%20back%20to%20work%20plan,critical%20to%20a%20healthy%20economy.

Archangel

Caker, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

"Starmer wants more in work and cut in benefits bill" Empty Re: "Starmer wants more in work and cut in benefits bill"

Post by Pintel Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:55 pm

So as I understand this statement. It will creating jobs in the 'Tailored Support'🪡 industry....'Skills & Training' whilst to producing anything worthwhile...🙄

I think Gordon Gekko/Michael Douglas best summed this policy up in Wall Street 🎬film. "I create nothing. I own. We make the rules pal"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D3I4VO-vUOk&pp=ygUjV2FsbCBzdHJlZXQgbW92aWUsIHByb2R1Y2Ugbm90aGluZyA%3D
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:14 pm

Pintel wrote:So as I understand this statement. It will creating jobs in the 'Tailored Support'🪡 industry....'Skills & Training' whilst to producing anything worthwhile...🙄

I think Gordon Gekko/Michael Douglas best summed this policy up in Wall Street 🎬film. "I create nothing. I own. We make the rules pal"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D3I4VO-vUOk&pp=ygUjV2FsbCBzdHJlZXQgbW92aWUsIHByb2R1Y2Ugbm90aGluZyA%3D

My dear fellow, creation of jobs and wealth in the tailored support industry represents mission accomplished for our overlords and their friends.

Ignatius

Caker and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:12 pm

I only hope that "conditionality" is removed for good.

Archangel

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:07 pm

"Ignatius: My dear fellow, creation of jobs and wealth in the tailored support industry represents mission accomplished for our overlords and their friends."

🐚Well 'bless my barnacles', if I get any more 'Tailored Support' I'll be trussed up like a kipper.... Its a shame our overlords and shipmates, cant give the potholes 🕳️ on the roads in my area the same attention.
Or is it a 'covert' traffic calming measure to slow vehicle's down🧐...

Pintel
Pintel

Caker and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:52 pm

Are you suggesting you have a vehicle, Pintel? I trust it is not of the motor type, but the Lord Tebbit approved pushbike given your low class status as an unworthy doley.

Ignatius

Caker and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:54 pm

Ney, *Ignatius.... I wouldn't risk owning a Motor 🐪vehicle, as the DVLA would no doubt inform there felllows at the Dole🚽. That I was in possession of a vehicle, and assume I had 💰 money to burn 🔥😵. And so start an investigation, of why I was Economically-Active 🧐.

Beside I roam the high🌊 seas of my area on an electric⚡ bicycle. Making waves on Road & Pavement, regardless of anyone else, whom gets in me way...🙄

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:06 pm

Ignatius wrote:🐚

My dear fellow, creation of jobs and wealth in the tailored support industry represents mission accomplished for our overlords and their friends.

🌕To the Right Honourable Ignatius....

Does by chance know how this 'industry' is defined by Economists?🤓...
I was going to suggest:
TWaTS
🔴 Training, Work, And Tailored, Support....

OK, I think this Idea needs a bit more work.. 🧐
Rolling Eyes

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:42 pm

Pintel, I'm still old skool on the bicycle front, although my recent dose of COVID (how has it taken me 4 years to finally catch it??) has left me in lanterne rouge territory. As for parking a motor vehicle outside the jobcentre, the double yellow lines outside my jobcentre are permanently parked on by claimants. Perhaps I should tip off the Daily Mail - not only do the doleys have cars, they park them wherever they like too. Shameless, the f****** lots of 'em.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:53 pm

Let's hope #Ignatius, that catching 'The Flu' isn't a change of circumstances....🤧

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:02 pm

Ignatius wrote:Pintel, As for parking a motor vehicle outside the jobcentre,  the double yellow lines outside my jobcentre are permanently parked on by claimants. Perhaps I should tip off the Daily Mail - not only do the doleys have cars, they park them wherever they like too. Shameless, the f****** lots of 'em.

Yes indeed #Ignatius. I am always amazed at the motely crew at my JCP🚽. That arrive by private Taxi's... Whilst, the driver could be a friend/relative. The must have money 💰 to burn if not? Surely these patrons could stop, around the corner and walk in ( as most seem able to walk). As you commited, if the tabloid's printed this..
Evil or Very Mad
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:02 am

Claimants arriving by taxi? Pah, the staff car park at my jobcentre has a new M******s flash-mobile parked in it. I'm itching to know which WC it belongs to.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:19 pm

Maybe one of your JCP🚽 management sold off one of the Picasso's 🖼️from the West Wing... 🧐 To afford the prestigious motor vehicle?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Picasso
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:45 pm

It will likely be a PCP deal, Big Finance lets just about anyone get their hands on a fancy motor these days. My fleet of trusty velocipedes on the other hand are all mine - until a future government expects me to sell them and live off the proceeds rather than claim benefits.

To balance out the forums incessant moaning about WCs we should probably all have a nose at our jobcentre carparks to see who has the fanciest motors. Top prize to anyone who spots personalised reg plate WC 1.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:19 pm

Maybe The power that be, want us to return to the Sedan (Litter: wheelless, human powered) carriage, #Ignatius? Ticks two ✔boxes, keeps 2x people employed & Green powered. Coming to a High St near you. Who need foreign fuels, a vote winner there...
Maybe the JCP🚽, could implement a reward/loyalty scheme. 'Sign on' so many times and get the model 'Norman T' 🚲bicycle/velociped. 🤗

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litter_(vehicle)
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:24 pm

The JCP do a kind of reverse loyalty scheme - buying ill fitting interview clothes (yes, still bitter) and other items they believe will stop you from being a JCP customer.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:14 pm

And I thought it was just me, when I got an 'Interview suit parcel'😖. That it fitted me like a 'Lateen' sail ... I've seen of better 'Demob' suits. The more conspiracy minded, might think its a way to highlight you as a Dole Wallah...?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demob_suit

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateen

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:17 am

"Jobcentres should do what they say on the tin. The truth is for the last 14 years, the overwhelming focus of the Department for Work and Pensions – and the succession of Tory ministers leading it – has been on benefits and the creation of Universal Credit.''

Joke shop had 4 years at one particular time 2008-2011, to find me an interview, and delivered zero in 4 years. However, i managed to find 8 and, took 1 of those until made redundant. What Joke shop did do, was badger me unnecessarily, made my mental health worse, drained my confidence, repeatedly spoke down to me and discussed sanctions, offered totally inappropriate work due to my age and health, sent me on 2 of those moronic provider courses. Nothing's changed, apart from i am much older, been out of work even longer, my negative health persists and these Muppets want to cut benefits. Good job...way to go. I have all this digitally recorded for future reference, just in case. Twisted Evil

If Labour want to really get a grip on the economy then STOP wasting billions of cash on these supposedly specific tailored help courses and pull all their contracts. Let's have a guess who are the winners on these rinse and repeat circuses. Anyone?

Just wait and see when AI kicks in while their all asleep AGAIN! and will blame something or someone else for their incompetence. They either accept we have a low wage, low skilled economy, with a pathetic manufacturing base compared to other Eu countries and on that subject, be forced probably in 5-10 years back in to the Eu.If they cant accept the underlined then bring on a UBI ASAP as nothing else is going to work....or anyone.

And I voted Brexit Rolling Eyes Laughing

Labour dont have what it takes to sort out this mess we're in. Could be wrong but i hear nothing different than I've heard for past 40 plus years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down