BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"DWP will look into your Universal Credit claim if you're not working for this reason"

5 posters

Go down

"DWP will look into your Universal Credit claim if you're not working for this reason" Empty "DWP will look into your Universal Credit claim if you're not working for this reason"

Post by Archangel Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:00 pm

"DWP will look into your Universal Credit claim if you're not working for this reason":

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/dwp-look-your-universal-credit-32345426

'More Universal Credit claimants will be subject to tougher working rules as the Additional Jobcentre Support pilot has been expanded to more areas of England and Scotland.

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has shared plans on when it will be looking into Universal Credit claims under new working rules.

The Government announced that it would be expanding its Additional Jobcentre Support pilot to a further 30 places in England and Scotland taking the number taking part to 150. The scheme was first announced last year under the Government's "Back to Work" plan.

The plan aimed to increase a person's employability through an intensive support course, which would see the claimant meet for one-to-one meetings with their Jobcentre work coach daily. Alongside this, those doing the scheme will have their "Claimant Commitment" regularly reviewed and tailored to include specific steps they need to follow.

The Universal Credit Claimant Commitment is an official agreement on what you have to do to get Universal Credit payments. This includes things like writing a CV, looking for work, attending work meetings at the Jobcentre, going to job interviews, or increasing your earnings if you are already working. The DWP said it would specifically focus on those who had been claiming and were unemployed after 13 weeks or had low earnings after 26 weeks.

The intensive support scheme was introduced as the DWP states that a "claimant’s likelihood of securing employment declines after 13 weeks" so hope with early intervention the claimant will be able to secure work sooner. With the scheme's expansion, more and more claimants will be impacted.

Certain people on Universal Credit are exempt from the intensive programme and this includes those who are waiting for work-capability assessments, those required to do less than 35 hours a week of work search activity and those already exempt from searching for jobs.

In a recent update on Government's plans, the DWP said: "The measures announced in the Spring Budget build on the next generation of welfare reforms the Secretary of State ushered in last autumn. The plans offer unprecedented employment and health support to help over a million people, while protecting those in most need from cost of living pressures – including raising pensions and benefits and more help with housing costs."

"While unemployment has been almost halved since 2010, our £2.5billion Back to Work plan will help thousands of people with disabilities, long-term health conditions and the long-term unemployed, to move into jobs. This comes alongside the Government’s Chance to Work Guarantee, so that claimants on incapacity benefits can try work without fear of losing their benefits."'

Archangel

oneman, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

"DWP will look into your Universal Credit claim if you're not working for this reason" Empty Re: "DWP will look into your Universal Credit claim if you're not working for this reason"

Post by Archangel Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:47 pm

The pilot is to supposedly tackle long-term unemployment. But it is a confusing mess that makes it harder for people to find work.

The pilot targets those out of work for a mere 13 or 26 weeks, while slapping on the misleading label of "long-term unemployed".

The pilot boasts of "dedicated assistance" from work roaches. But considering the sheer number of claimants and limited resources, the effectiveness of this "tailored support" remains to be seen.

The pilot joins the already existing Restart Scheme, creating a confusing labyrinth of programs with overlapping goals. This bureaucratic mess puts the burden on roaches, who now have to navigate unclear eligibility criteria, potentially leading to misidentification and wasted time for claimants.

The pilot is another bureaucratic hurdle for claimants.

Archangel

oneman, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

"DWP will look into your Universal Credit claim if you're not working for this reason" Empty Re: "DWP will look into your Universal Credit claim if you're not working for this reason"

Post by Pintel Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:43 pm

Thanks for the posting ,#Archangel.

I keep hearing the JCP 🚽 are under staffed and over worked. Yet keep piling more work on them?🤔 Also do you know the 'Pilot' 🛩️areas...
Pintel
Pintel

oneman, Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:29 pm

The pilot areas may well be listed in a press release somewhere on the DWP bit of gov.uk.

In the interests of balance I will place on record the "dedicated assistance" I received from a WC a few months ago. I had used all the pages in my state issued booklet thing for recording jobsearch and as they no longer issue them the WC gave me a pile of that special jobcentre grey paper. Obviously they forsee me still being a jobless loser well into 2025 judging by how much paper I was given.

Ignatius

Pintel and Archangel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:21 pm

Archangel wrote:"DWP will look into your Universal Credit claim if you're not working for this reason":

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/dwp-look-your-universal-credit-32345426

'More Universal Credit claimants will be subject to tougher working rules as the Additional Jobcentre Support pilot has been expanded to more areas of England and Scotland.

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has shared plans on when it will be looking into Universal Credit claims under new working rules.

The Government announced that it would be expanding its Additional Jobcentre Support pilot to a further 30 places in England and Scotland taking the number taking part to 150. The scheme was first announced last year under the Government's "Back to Work" plan.

The plan aimed to increase a person's employability through an intensive support course, which would see the claimant meet for one-to-one meetings with their Jobcentre work coach daily. Alongside this, those doing the scheme will have their "Claimant Commitment" regularly reviewed and tailored to include specific steps they need to follow.

The Universal Credit Claimant Commitment is an official agreement on what you have to do to get Universal Credit payments. This includes things like writing a CV, looking for work, attending work meetings at the Jobcentre, going to job interviews, or increasing your earnings if you are already working. The DWP said it would specifically focus on those who had been claiming and were unemployed after 13 weeks or had low earnings after 26 weeks.

The intensive support scheme was introduced as the DWP states that a "claimant’s likelihood of securing employment declines after 13 weeks" so hope with early intervention the claimant will be able to secure work sooner. With the scheme's expansion, more and more claimants will be impacted.

Certain people on Universal Credit are exempt from the intensive programme and this includes those who are waiting for work-capability assessments, those required to do less than 35 hours a week of work search activity and those already exempt from searching for jobs.

In a recent update on Government's plans, the DWP said: "The measures announced in the Spring Budget build on the next generation of welfare reforms the Secretary of State ushered in last autumn. The plans offer unprecedented employment and health support to help over a million people, while protecting those in most need from cost of living pressures – including raising pensions and benefits and more help with housing costs."

"While unemployment has been almost halved since 2010, our £2.5billion Back to Work plan will help thousands of people with disabilities, long-term health conditions and the long-term unemployed, to move into jobs. This comes alongside the Government’s Chance to Work Guarantee, so that claimants on incapacity benefits can try work without fear of losing their benefits."'

LOL. It's not a back-to-work plan as you well know! The government started to close all jobs down.

In the 1980s and 1990s, they threw in a bunch of programs to help folks find jobs and training. Despite all the flak they got, those schemes actually did a better job compared to what we've got going on now. But you know that, recent stuff like the Restart, furlough, and Kickstart programs? Yeah, they're getting side-eyed big time for not really hitting the mark with unemployment. And let's not forget about the government cronies just doing their thing with the restart program, like they always do.

Despite all this, getting people back to work is still a big deal in British politics. But honestly, the COVID mess is over, and there weren't any great results to show for it. Probably just gonna end up being another total waste of time and money. Once again. Let's guess who the next government cronies for restart are going to be?

Perhaps a name familiar name change???????
oneman
oneman

Pintel, Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:38 pm

"The measures announced in the Spring Budget build on the next generation of welfare reforms the Secretary of State ushered in last autumn. The plans offer unprecedented employment and health support to help over a million people, while protecting those in most need from cost of living pressures – including raising pensions and benefits and more help with housing costs."

IS IT SPRING NOW??
What is this Autumn's budget???

What changed? Are we better off?
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:31 am

Pintel wrote:Thanks for the posting ,#Archangel.

I keep hearing the JCP 🚽 are under staffed and over worked. Yet keep piling more work on them?🤔 Also do you know the 'Pilot' 🛩️areas...

You're welcome. I can't find where the pilot area are.

Archangel

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:17 pm

No problem #Archangel. Just I had discussions with others. About 'Pilot' areas, and why some areas get the rough end of the stick. More than others 🤔?

#Ignatius: "the WC gave me a pile of that special jobcentre grey paper. Obviously they forsee me still being a jobless loser well into 2025 judging by how much paper I was given."

Or knowing your local JCP Ignatius, it could be an Art🎨/ Origami project? For you to decorate the foyer with paper crane's and assorted paper flowers ?✨👌
Pintel
Pintel

Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by arfurbrain Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:54 pm

Archangel wrote:
Pintel wrote:Thanks for the posting ,#Archangel.

You're welcome. I can't find where the pilot area are.  

Greetings everyone, long time lurker just joining in

Found a gov link here  https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-statements/detail/2023-02-27/hcws582

looks like current sites are Coalville, Crawley, Partick and Pontefract expanding to Central Scotland, Surrey & Sussex, West Yorkshire, Leicestershire and Northamptonshire

And 2nd phase details here https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2023-09-19/debates/23091933000028/AdditionalJobcentreSupportPilotPhase2Rollout

arfurbrain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:25 pm

Arfurbrain, after finding the list of jobcentres involved in yet another pointless programme, your username does not do you justice. Thankfully, I do not reside in any of the areas under attack. Hopefully everyone on the forum is equally lucky.

Pintel, when I am in the jobcentre I explore options to take a sneaky photo of the Blue Peter meets The National Gallery that is my jobcentre to post on here. Their current artwork clearly fits with the get the buggers back to work theme - pretty much every job currently advertised locally has been printed out and stuck to the walls. Obviously a cunning bit of psychology to brainwash you into accepting jobs are everywhere you look. Do you have an Easter Egg emoji? My next signing day is Easter Monday so I get a month between appointments. I feel the pain of those less fortunate.

Ignatius

Pintel and arfurbrain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by arfurbrain Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:50 pm

Ignatius wrote:Arfurbrain, after finding the list of jobcentres involved in yet another pointless programme, your username does not do you justice. Thankfully, I do not reside in any of the areas under attack. Hopefully everyone on the forum is equally lucky

Thanks Ignatius, that's just a cover I'm a genius really! nah just kidding although you need to be more and more lately, its like Indiana Jones trying to dodge their shit every fortnight, I'm like, how the fuck do I get outta this one? This site has been a lifesaver over time though because every time I've handed their arse back to them on a plate its been because of this community, so cheers everyone 👏

arfurbrain

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:43 pm

Ignatius wrote:]

Pintel, when I am in the jobcentre I explore options to take a sneaky photo of the Blue Peter meets The National Gallery that is my jobcentre to post on here. Their current artwork clearly fits with the get the buggers back to work theme - pretty much every job currently advertised locally has been printed out and stuck to the walls. Obviously a cunning bit of psychology to brainwash you into accepting jobs are everywhere you look. Do you have an Easter Egg emoji? My next signing day is Easter Monday so I get a month between appointments. I feel the pain of those less fortunate.

Sorry #Ignatius, you 'broad sided' me 🙀. Got an Emoji for every festival in the calendar, except Easter, the closest I can find in 🐣( it is an egg, so to speak).

Lucky you Ignatius, your local Dole🚽. Is like the Tate gallery, compared to mine. When I have to make port there, a side from a 'Pavement Picasso from the AA 🎭( Alcoholic's Annoymous) meeting that takes place outside. Its a blank 🖌️canvas so to speak in my JCP 🚽 office.

🐣
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down