BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWP and Food Bank Referrals

2 posters

Go down

DWP and Food Bank Referrals  Empty DWP and Food Bank Referrals

Post by Ignatius Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:53 pm

Don't think there has been any DWP and food bank fisticuffs in the news for a while so the DWP has decided to start another beef with food banks. Jobcentre staff have been told to stop referring claimants to food banks on data protection grounds. Continuing the workhouse chat from a different thread, cynical old me reckons if the DWP could refer us all to workhouses, they would trample all over data protection law to do so. It's a shame the DWP won't refuse to refer to course providers who regularly and repeatedly flout GDPR laws. Grrr. Perhaps next time we wish to annoy our WC which we should ask for a food bank referral.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/feb/16/jobcentres-told-to-stop-referring-benefit-claimants-to-food-banks

Ignatius

oneman and designergas like this post

Back to top Go down

DWP and Food Bank Referrals  Empty Re: DWP and Food Bank Referrals

Post by designergas Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:31 pm

Ignatius wrote:Don't think there has been any DWP and food bank fisticuffs in the news for a while so the DWP has decided to start another beef with food banks. Jobcentre staff have been told to stop referring claimants to food banks on data protection grounds. Continuing the workhouse chat from a different thread, cynical old me reckons if the DWP could refer us all to workhouses, they would trample all over data protection law to do so. It's a shame the DWP won't refuse to refer to course providers who regularly and repeatedly flout GDPR laws. Grrr. Perhaps next time we wish to annoy our WC which we should ask for a food bank referral.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/feb/16/jobcentres-told-to-stop-referring-benefit-claimants-to-food-banks

DWP want to save money, less people use food banks, and better stats for the next general election, funny, they can refer my personal details to any third-party company, like restart, and monitor claimants bank accounts, making no fucking sense.

If I need help with food due to a lack of funds, you can share my details with my local food bank. Under my consent permission data protection, what utter nonsense, fuck, maybe I ask my work coach next time you don't share my details with my local food bank. I might get really angry 😠at my face-to-face appointment in the work programme due to a lack of energy.

Always tell your work coach if they make a new referral to another silly cat and mouse scheme what GDPR data protection laws are, why foodbank data protection is important, and what excuse your work coach will come up with. Surely food is more important. 

designergas

oneman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down