BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

phone call from dwp

5 posters

Go down

phone call from dwp Empty phone call from dwp

Post by london123 Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:47 pm

asking about any money i have, pensions properties ect and i have to supply bank statements. but i fell out with an old friend at Christmas and he's the type who would ring the fraud hot line and make a story up. what do you think, is this common thing.

london123

Back to top Go down

phone call from dwp Empty Re: phone call from dwp

Post by Absolut Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:44 am

I don't think it is common, no. Did you ask why they were asking? If you've been reported they usually let you know. They won't tell you who reported it though.
Absolut
Absolut

london123 likes this post

Back to top Go down

phone call from dwp Empty Jobsearch phone call

Post by Topaz Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:11 pm

I got jobsearch phone call. Roach asked me to tell him how many jobs I applied / type of jobs and with whom, because he had to write all this info up into his computer. They don't put it in their computer when you show jobseekers evidence face to face. Has anyone else had this happen. Why do they need to write it in their computer?

Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:06 am

I wouldn't worry about it London123,

The Catwoman

london123 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:13 am

Hi Topaz,

Ask that roach, why he feels the need to type up your joke search info into their computer and, if they are insistent upon that, say you wil SAR them to avoid any doubt as to what maybe being recorded. After all, be good to know tell the roach that the data they are putting into their systems, is actually yours. Wouldnt want anything left out would we Smile  Rolling Eyes

If not, then say you want a copy posted to you.

Their being difficult 'people' & for the sake of it I'd say. Unless they have just pushed through some new kind of reulation that says this is the new procedure for 'all' job seekers. If so, ask for that regulation etc in wrting. Take NO crap, as some are like vultures.

So, do the same Twisted Evil  but all in a 'reasonable' manner.

Id also be asking, is this going to be a frequent occurrence ? I know others on benefits including myself and dont have to play this game:evil: .

If you have a journal tell roach to refer to hat and I'm guessing you have no journal for them asking you to do as you describe ?
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:37 am

Topaz wrote:I got jobsearch phone call.  Roach asked me to tell him how many jobs I applied / type of jobs and with whom, because he had to write all this info up  into his computer. They don't put it in their computer when you show jobseekers evidence face to face. Has anyone else had this happen. Why do they need to write it in their computer?

Was the call from a Restart provider?
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:45 pm

I do face to face jobsearch (signing on) but got a phone call from another adviser cos my usual jobcentre advisor was on holiday. He said he needed to write lots more in computer, but my usual one doesn’t. Go figure.
Previously on phone calls they have only put details on computer if I've had a job interview.
Has anyone else had to read out all their jobsearch evidence to be put in computer during a phone jobsearch interview?

Topaz

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:08 pm

I don't have a journal but show my jobsearch evidence during face to face meetings on a phone now, using WiFi. Previously I was writing jobsearch on a form which the jobcentre provided me with for several years, then another roach said it was not the correct form but one for raising doubts, ( but it still had all my job search evidence on it!!!and was acceptable for years) so then I printed and showed email evidence for a while. Then another roach said I had to physically show the emails on the jobcentre computer or a phone.

Topaz

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:04 am

Up to you how you show your job search.

And no, never had this crap asked of me.
jobberpw
jobberpw

The Catwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:22 pm

Sorry, I'm confused. Which benefit are you on please?
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:01 am

I'm on JSA Income Based

Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:36 am

Topaz wrote:I'm on JSA Income Based

Ah ok, thank you.

Then another roach said I had to physically show the emails on the jobcentre computer or a phone.

Yes, they tried this on me too. Under JSA you can, as jobber said, provide the evidence in whichever way you like. I give them print outs. They have no right at all to demand that you login to one of their computers to show them evidence.

Reviewing jobsearch
188. The JSA Regulations do not specify that claimants must keep written records of their job search. However, encouraging a claimant to keep a written record of the steps they have taken can help them to remember what they have done, and will help to build up a picture of the progress the claimant is making in their efforts to find work.
189. A claimant may have set up their own records, but if their record keeping is inadequate, or non-existent encourage them to use the Jobsearch Activity Log
(ES4).
190. The evidence of jobsearch produced when they attend to have their regular reviews may be in various forms:
 information they have provided from their Universal Jobmatch account;
 evidence in writing from employers, employment agencies, or other organisations which they have contacted;
 copies of letters they have sent to employers;
 the claimant’s un-corroborated written evidence, for example an ES4;
 the claimant’s verbal evidence
 evidence from previous Jobsearch Reviews recorded on LMS.

UJ is defunct now but the rules haven't changed where record keeping is concerned.

Has anyone else had to read out all their jobsearch evidence to be put in computer during a phone jobsearch interview?

Usually the opposite. They aren't interested unless they are looking for stuff to sanction you about. I was told by a roach that he "doesn't give a toss what I haven't been able to apply for". I said I will not allow him to ignore all the steps I've taken looking for work, every job I look at is a step where JSA is concerned. I put all my job search evidence into an Excel sheet. They never take that sheet from me even though I offer it. Sounds to me like they are looking to prove you haven't taken enough steps to look for work. The JSA Act states 3 or more steps per week unless those steps couldn't be taken. Also remember that what is in a CC must comply with the law, not that you have to comply with what is in it. I've had illegal CCs thrust on me and I've had to make them withdrawn them.
Absolut
Absolut

Caker, cc120 and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down