BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application wanting my national insurance number

2 posters

Go down

Application wanting my national insurance number Empty Application wanting my national insurance number

Post by bully3061 Wed May 12, 2021 10:32 am

Looking to fill out a online job application and they want my national insurance number as mandatory. Reluctant to do this and not sure i have come across this before. Have others seen this ?
Surely national insurance, bank details next of kin and the like come if you get the job not 1st stage ?.
       Side note why after uploading your CV do they want you to write you CV up again as filling out the application. Right ball ache for someone who struggles with their hands .

Last edited by bully3061 on Wed May 12, 2021 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

bully3061

Back to top Go down

Application wanting my national insurance number Empty Re: Application wanting my national insurance number

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2021 12:09 pm

Bottom line is: they shouldn't ask but they do. Agencies do this all the time. It saves them time but if privacy is more important than getting a job, then decline and move on.

Back to top Go down

Application wanting my national insurance number Empty Re: Application wanting my national insurance number

Post by D.Appleby Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 pm

bully3061 wrote:Looking to fill out a online job application and they want my national insurance number as mandatory. Reluctant to do this and not sure i have come across this before. Have others seen this ?
Surely national insurance, bank details next of kin and the like come if you get the job not 1st stage ?.
       Side not why after uploading your CV do they want you to write you CV up again as filling out the application. Right ball ache for someone who struggles with their hands .

Should I give my National Insurance number on a job application?

No – you should NOT put your National Insurance number on your CV or any other part of your job application.

We explain why....

https://www.jobsite.co.uk/advice/should-i-give-my-national-insurance-number-on-a-job-application

D.Appleby

bully3061 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down