BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Can you spend 35 hours a week looking for work?"

5 posters

Go down

"Can you spend 35 hours a week looking for work?" Empty "Can you spend 35 hours a week looking for work?"

Post by Gallazz Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:07 pm

Just made a claim for UC, and one of my To-Dos is a series of questions including,

"If you're not working, you'll normally be expected to spend 35 hours a week looking for work. Can you spend 35 hours a week looking for work?"

I have disclosed three diagnosed conditions which would make that difficult. There is a link which says "Not sure - skip this question". Do I just click that?

Gallazz

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

"Can you spend 35 hours a week looking for work?" Empty Re: "Can you spend 35 hours a week looking for work?"

Post by MrFrankZola Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:04 am

There are some tips here https://pastebin.com/bVvrqHCX on 'answering' such UC questions. If you start from the premise you know nothing about UC, or need reminding, then using the "Not sure - skip this question"
will force the public servant 'coach' to work for the wages you pay by having to explain what the questions mean, which means they will use up valuable time explaining UC and having less time to discuss what conditions they want to impose.
See also https://pastebin.com/FxZFceu2

MrFrankZola

Caker, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

"Can you spend 35 hours a week looking for work?" Empty Re: "Can you spend 35 hours a week looking for work?"

Post by Pintel Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:08 pm

Thanks for the posting @mrfrankzola😉
I was wondering if it possible on the online form for UC, to enter "not sure skip this question". For all of the questions/entry fields, and still get the claim processed?🤭
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Pintel wrote:Thanks for the posting @mrfrankzola😉
I was wondering if it possible on the online form for UC,  to enter "not sure skip this question". For all of the questions/entry fields, and still get the claim processed?🤭

I think the help process would need to kick in.

Most people make their Universal Credit claim online. There is help available within the online claim form for people who need extra support.

https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/making-a-claim/before-you-claim/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:35 pm

Pintel wrote:Thanks for the posting @mrfrankzola😉
I was wondering if it possible on the online form for UC,  to enter "not sure skip this question". For all of the questions/entry fields, and still get the claim processed?🤭

On whether a claim will be processed if answer is "not sure skip this question". "For all", cannot see why not, as they are really just prep for a Claimant Commitment (CC) and new claims have a built in delay of 5 or 6 weeks before the first payment, which gives plenty of time for a CC appointment, in which a 'coach' would need to explain the meaning of each question.  Save of course for a new UC claim 'day one' Advance Payment/Loan.

Maybe just answering a few of the questions, in ways DWP expects, will throw the 'coach' a bone

As CC appointments are over the phone, enables recording, which could prove useful for any later challenge. As not uncommon for an actual CC to be significantly different to the actual 'coach' and claimant CC discussion.

All the CC questions are here https://pastebin.com/bVvrqHCX - these questions are also being used for claims made during last lockdown and those claims that only ever got a generic CC without a discussion with a 'coach' and those not revised since the last lockdown.
Related info https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4603-covid19-35-hour-work-search-claimant-commitments#13261

Tactically might be useful to engage with a 'coach' by presenting oneself as someone with limited knowledge of UC, which can help lead a 'coach' to entrap themselves in their own incompetency and mitigate against 'coaches' who are motivated by malign intent. Which then can help formally challenge them at a later date, especially as the DWP is recruiting 13,500 new 'coaches' and never informs them of the central role they have imposing conditionality and sever financial penalties (benefit sanctions) until they physically start working as a 'coach' https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/691465/response/1668349/attach/html/3/FOI2020%2052894%20Bradley.pdf.html

Of course one can always use advice services and online info to prep for a CC, like claimantcommitments.org.uk advicelocal.uk https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/help-to-claim/ With millions of new UC claims of late, many forms of advice and guidance (A&G) will understandably just mirror DWP policy and agendas, thinking outside the box is something those engaged in formal A&G can't really do as public liability insurance might not cover such, or requires creative thinking.

MrFrankZola

Caker, jobberpw, Pintel and Gallazz like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:48 am

Gallazz wrote:Just made a claim for UC, and one of my To-Dos is a series of questions including,

"If you're not working, you'll normally be expected to spend 35 hours a week looking for work. Can you spend 35 hours a week looking for work?"

I have disclosed three diagnosed conditions which would make that difficult. There is a link which says "Not sure - skip this question". Do I just click that?

If you are migrating to UC from old style JSA you already have the bones from your JSACC regarding what you feel comfortable with.

Before you are contacted by DWP be prepared with the relevant information, in particular, your cirumstances to ensure you agree a UCCC that fits what YOU are willing to do.  You can revise your CC at any time if you are unable to meet all your commitments.  

The more relaxed/tailored approach to benefit sanctions is helpful at this time.

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4605-sanctions-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak#13264
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/guidance_issued_to_work_coaches#incoming-1633156

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:09 am

One thing is certain.We can all spend 35 hours a week looking at nothing Smile .

I see recruitment agencies are still advertising same vacancies from 3 years ago.Total morons doing their lets round up sheep Rolling Eyes  Evil or Very Mad
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:32 am

jobberpw wrote:One thing is certain.We can all spend 35 hours a week looking at nothing Smile .

I see recruitment agencies are still advertising same vacancies from 3 years ago.Total morons doing their lets round up sheep Rolling Eyes  Evil or Very Mad

I once took a temp' agency job only to see it advertised by another agency after I had finished it. I think it had been placed with a number of agencies and no one told them it was no longer vacant after I started and finished it.
Caker
Caker

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:19 pm

Yes Caker.Me too been in  that position.Also been in a temp job many times and that job still being advertised while i was still there and long after i'd gone.

Post Covid, things will get very very difficult for agencies to make a profit in a market like this. I am glad, that many of these sharks will go out of business but many will  set up at home as 1 man bands.Will now be difficult for them to carry on with their obsession of rounding sheep up and offering mini wage especially if they do make the £20 increase to UC permanent.It's because of that, i feel the torys will 'not want to make that permanent £20 increase to UC permanent. Exposes the great economy they have helped create:Wages Vs benefits hardly any difference and for some -will actually be better off:) .

Cant help having a rant Laughing
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel and london123 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:24 pm

London123 I have sent you a PM?
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down