BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIP assessor recruitment shared insights

2 posters

Go down

PIP assessor recruitment shared insights Empty PIP assessor recruitment shared insights

Post by Caker Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:29 pm

An acquaintance has just been talking me through the PIP assessor role, so I thought I would share it for curiosity.

Contractual hours are between 8am and 6pm Mon-Sat although assessors may work 4 or 5 days per week.

Assessors are expected to see 4 claimants between 8am and 1pm each day. They may be given community shifts some months and 'clinic' shifts other months. It is expected that assessors will type as they interview claimants. Currently interviews are telephone only, and based at the assessors home, so the assessor will be wearing a call-centre type headset and typing while they conduct the interview.

The rest of the day is reserved for typing up a report of 2500 words for each claimant seen. That is 10,000 words (the equivalent of a uni' dissertation or 4 standard uni' essays!!!) every day; these are required to be submitted within 2 days of interviewing the claimant. Reports are graded and the assessor is expected to aim for a grade A report (not clear what that entails). Assessors get a bonus of up to £3000 annually (paid quarterly) for achieving these targets (insert 'carrot dangling from a stick' icon here).

Assessors with average typing speeds are expected to seek out an online typing course and improve their typing speeds in their own time  geek  

Idea  study to be a health care professional and you too could be a typist.

I wonder why Crapita has a revolving door for assessors Wink
Caker
Caker

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

PIP assessor recruitment shared insights Empty Re: PIP assessor recruitment shared insights

Post by Absolut Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:12 pm

They did the same with social workers. They got rid of all the admin staff with high level typing skills and told the social workers to type up their own reports.

Study to be a social worker and you too could be a typist Wink
Absolut
Absolut

Caker, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

PIP assessor recruitment shared insights Empty Re: PIP assessor recruitment shared insights

Post by Caker Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:24 pm

It is so crap really because it does typists out of jobs.
Caker
Caker

Absolut and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:10 am

Capita PIP assessors slam employer and claimants

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/4289-capita-pip-assessors-slam-employer-and-claimants

Seems a toxic environment to work in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:18 am

WelfareChampion wrote:Capita PIP assessors slam employer and claimants

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/4289-capita-pip-assessors-slam-employer-and-claimants

Seems a toxic environment to work in.

I can easily believe it. Crapita has many recruitment agencies trying to recruit for this role perpetually.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down