BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Covid health and safety in jobcentres 18 Sep 2020

4 posters

Go down

Update on Covid health and safety in jobcentres 18 Sep 2020 Empty Update on Covid health and safety in jobcentres 18 Sep 2020

Post by Welfare-Champion Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:28 am

DWP published the above document on the departmental Intranet two days before we met with them. PCS made it absolutely clear to the employer that we oppose bringing more claimants into Jobcentres at this time as we don’t think it is safe to do so. Since then, the situation across the country has got worse. The R number continues to rise and in the past 24 hours further restrictions have been announced across the UK, including in the North East of England, North West, and parts of Wales, affecting millions of people. With confirmed COVID-19 cases on the rise, it cannot be right that our Jobcentre members and the public are put at risk. This is backed up by almost 80% of PCS members who voted in the Consultative Ballot, who agree with the GEC that DWP should not be extending operating hours in 270 Jobcentres and 21 Universal Credit Service Centres from 30 November 2020 or increasing footfall in Jobcentres on safety grounds.

Increased face-to-face appointments from Monday

The GEC has been inundated by reps and members advising that increased activity is being introduced from next Monday. Work Coaches have been told to fill their diaries with appointments which could be dealt with by telephone or digitally. For DWP to bring 18-24 year-old claimants into Jobcentres is irresponsible as the government’s own figures show that this particular age group are experiencing the highest rate of contracting the coronavirus.

https://www.pcs.org.uk/department-for-work-and-pensions/news/update-on-covid-health-and-safety-in-jobcentres

https://www.pcs.org.uk/department-for-work-and-pensions/news/risk-assessments-for-extension-of-services-in-jobcentres

Welfare-Champion

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Update on Covid health and safety in jobcentres 18 Sep 2020 Empty Re: Update on Covid health and safety in jobcentres 18 Sep 2020

Post by Caker Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:02 pm

So badly timed with the second wave coming over us now.
Caker
Caker

jobberpw, Welfare-Champion and london123 like this post

Back to top Go down

Update on Covid health and safety in jobcentres 18 Sep 2020 Empty Re: Update on Covid health and safety in jobcentres 18 Sep 2020

Post by Welfare-Champion Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:51 am

I agree!

A young family member caught COVID-19 two weeks after returning to work as a teacher.

Their symptoms are a cough and loss of smell as well as taste.  Apparently, some people never get their sense of smell/taste back fully, which means you cannot enjoy food as much if at all.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/prince-charles-coronavirus-smell-taste-loss-symptoms-nhs-a9569931.html

Welfare-Champion

jobberpw and london123 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:44 pm

Parliamentary Questions

Written Question
Jobcentres: Coronavirus
24 Sep 2020, 5:55 p.m.
Questioner: Seema Malhotra
Question
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what her Department’s policy is on the requirement to attend face-to-face appointments with work coaches at jobcentres; and whether any updated guidance has been issued to jobcentres.
Answer (Mims Davies)

In line with Public Health guidance and with safety measures in place across the Jobcentre network, face-to-face appointments can be booked with claimants who will benefit from this support.

Updated guidance has been issued to Jobcentres and is reviewed regularly.

As we double the number of Work Coaches, we will continue to expand multi-channel engagement with claimants, including booking appointments across our network to support people face-to-face where they need it.

Written Question
Jobcentres: Coronavirus
24 Sep 2020, 5:55 p.m.
Questioner: Seema Malhotra
Question
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what progress her Department has made in enabling appointments with work coaches to be held by video.

Answer (Mims Davies)
Tests of the use of video for appointments with Universal Credit Work Coaches started in July and are currently being tested with claimants and Work Coaches in five job centres across the UK. Tests continue to inform understanding of the benefits to claimants and Work Coaches, to identify where barriers may exist for some claimants and to identify any limitations that may need to be overcome. The tests will inform any future evaluation of the use of video as part of the Department’s operating model.
https://www.parallelparliament.co.uk/writtenanswers?search_term=&document_type=writtenanswers&department=DepartmentforWork_Pensions

Welfare-Champion

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:24 am

It's complete chaos all round.

I have discovered a local JCP is working extended hours.   Mad

Edit: Further info.

https://www.pcs.org.uk/extended-hours

Welfare-Champion

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:01 am

Hi Welfarechamp,

I also have seen the info posted on web about joke shops to open later. This is more about signing people on rather than' supplying people with work' as evidence shows, over the past 10 years their not so hot on that aspect. So, digital some days and times but not in the middle of a pandemic lets get more to visit roach shop what a great idea. Kill more people off to get the JSA figs down Twisted Evil .

And the morons are opening job centres until late, and doing Saturdays from November. All in line with their delusional plans. I would suggest that all WHP companies and anyone else who will be jumping on the Covid-19 bandwagon with the circus of ''suitable training'' will no doubt also, be making their premises all Covid-19 compliant scratch . Last time I was in one of these hell holes they couldnt even restock bog roll. Health and safety my arse Very Happy

Last edited by jobberpw on Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Caker and london123 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:16 pm

Tests of the use of video for appointments with Universal Credit Work Coaches started in July and are currently being tested with claimants and Work Coaches in five job centres across the UK.

Let's hope the following doesn't happen:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/oct/19/jeffrey-toobin-zoom-call-new-yorker-suspended

Absolut
Absolut

Caker, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:10 am

Hi Absolut, that does sound like an idea they will just love to take off along with the other crap their calling JETS excuse the pun.LOL

Although i wonder how they will react when claimants say 'they have a major PC issue,like its busted so cant run software on there or on their phone not being suitable.

Maybe they will say, "if you haven't got a decent phone you will be:EXPECTED TO BUY ONE.IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE ZOOM.WE NEED YOU TO ATTEND A 3 WEEK TRAINING COURSE."

I kid you not.I was offered something similar in regard to how to use a smartphone this year:whipping: .

Such is roach shop mentality i read somewhere the other day that training can still be carried out even within a room full of many people.

It beggars belief these morons are even willing to propose such ludicrous ideas in the current climate.Also, roaches are now calling people on Saturdays! Yes Saturdays Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad I feel phone blocker  will be ON. Very Happy Dont do Saturdays.Even when i was in work.

Last edited by jobberpw on Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:39 am

NEWS FLASH,at least it was for me:

Joke shop Extended Opening Hours.

https://www.pcs.org.uk/department-for-work-and-pensions/news/extended-opening-hours

We can always depend upon them when times are tough to deliver a unique, specific, tailored service to us all.How thoughtful. Evil or Very Mad
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:42 am

This is Work and Health Programme Coronavirus (COVID-19) specific guidance, including Job Entry Targeted Support (JETS).

Due to measures and restrictions imposed during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) period, some elements of the Work and Health Programme have been varied. These variations also reflect the contract variations CV01, CV04 and CV05 & CV06.

The following temporary guidance is for use only during this COVID-19 period, as defined by the period contract variations are in place. Procedures and guidance will revert to pre-COVID-19 versions as these variations are revised or revoked. A full version of the original Work and Health Programme guidance remains in publication for reference.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/work-and-health-programme-covid-19-provider-guidance/chapter-2-participant-identification-eligibility-and-referral--2

Example
https://www.maximusuk.co.uk/LocalLondon

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:48 am

Yes Welfare they love using the terms eligible, varied, reasonable etc. Taken from their own one sided dictionary. If they are going to actually use common sense/logic here, it will be a first.

Just loved those pics in the Maximus link welfare, all the happy clappy smiling people.We all know its not the true picture within the world of work.But dosent stop them posting that crap in the hope of they can, gather some unfortunate misinformed sheep sent to the slaughter house dressed up as ''low pay/no paid work" get experience etc. Read our leaflets, they will tell you how to get back into work.And the biggest pile of crap ive ever heard in my life is this line "remain in it for longer."Next time i do an interview will ask the employer to sign a contract with me as such stating. 'As i have been on JETS, WHP1,2 etc, i will now remain with you for longer.''Must be an economic secret i dont know about as neither will the employer. Laughing

Maybe JC minus and Co would do better in explaining that to ALL uk employers as its them that's putting obstacles in place when things were remotely good.imo.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Caker and Absolut like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down