BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wishing everyone on the site survives carona

5 posters

Go down

wishing everyone on the site survives carona Empty wishing everyone on the site survives carona

Post by Admin Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:23 am

im one of the at risks

so im wishing everyone manages the best that they can do

ive a few things in the back ground of my own

ive also made sure this site stays open by the next user/owner of the site

im uncertain of the outcome for everyone on here including myself

best wishes for everyone and survive best way that you can do for those that dont its been a reel pleasure working with many of you over the years

TT ( terratech ) might have started something years ago and here we are still around

for friends and old members good luck in all of this

gadily ( admin)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

wishing everyone on the site survives carona Empty Re: wishing everyone on the site survives carona

Post by Caker Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:13 pm

I presume you are staying in and making sure you wash your hands after contact with anyone and anything. I am staying in as much as I can and only going out for grocery shopping. My discussions with an elderly relative have included:-
1) Wear gloves and wash hands after fetching the wheelly bins in (they have been in contact with the refuse workers).

2) Wash hands after handling letters, newspapers, library books or cash (they have been in contact with many other people).

3) For those doing their own shopping, wash hands after handling supermarket trolleys or baskets. The same applies to:-
* door handles
* cash-point machines
* payment equipment in shops
* public lavatories
* dog refuse bag dispensers and bins
* anything whatsoever that could have been touched by someone else.

4) I have noticed that shop workers wear disposable gloves - it would be a good idea for shoppers to do the same thing.

5) Infection can enter your eyes as well as your respiratory tract, so that is the rationale of being apart from others. Only touch your face with clean hands. It is not rude to remind people to stand back if they are closer than 2 metres (6 feet).

6) Alcohol gel kills the microbes but soap and hot water are better as they wash them away with the dirt.

Sorry if all this seems like stating the obvious but I have seen from my discussions offline that many things are not as obvious to others as I thought.

With sensible precautions we can come out on the other side of this.

Stay safe Admin' and everyone.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

wishing everyone on the site survives carona Empty Re: wishing everyone on the site survives carona

Post by Jara Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:29 pm

I believe soap damage/kill the coronavirus quite well.

But yeah I am staying home for a while now. The healthiest person in our household is given the task every few days to go out shopping for essentials.

Never expected the coronavirus to change life like this, but I hope we all will manage. And hopefully this will bring some positive change afterwards for DWP, benefits and everything else.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:38 pm

My understanding is that over 70s should not go out, but some of them think that does not apply to them and have refused offers of shopping, preferring to go themselves. It can be frustrating for those offering to help. This has been my experience anyway.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul61 Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:11 am

Indeed wish everyone on here, can survive this all OK;

Use Technology to the Max, Shopping on line reduces the risk of going into shops and using public transport, just wear gloves for the delivery,
gas & Electric for most people can now be topped up on line using smart meters. keep in touch with family and friends using social media.

So Keep Safe Everyone.

Paul61

https://unemployment-gb.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:28 am

Good advice from Paul and Caker there, if the majority of us follow those guidelines our risk of catching this damn virus should be minimal. Everything seems pretty surreal at the moment, but I'm sure after a week or so we'll get used to this way of living.

So, stay safe everybody and hope we all come through this!
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down