BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No one should have to pay to pee: it’s time for a toilet fightback

2 posters

Go down

No one should have to pay to pee: it’s time for a toilet fightback Empty No one should have to pay to pee: it’s time for a toilet fightback

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:53 pm

A lifeline for the elderly and disabled people, public toilet provision has dwindled. The cuts must be reversed.

According to a report by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) – appropriately titled Taking the P*** – a fifth of Britons don’t leave their home as often as they’d like because they know they’ll struggle to find facilities, a phenomenon known as “loo leash”. For those with medical conditions, this affects more than four in 10.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/01/public-toilets-council-cuts

Back to top Go down

No one should have to pay to pee: it’s time for a toilet fightback Empty Re: No one should have to pay to pee: it’s time for a toilet fightback

Post by Caker Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:19 am

Sadly, many public lavatories are closing down. I fear that unless they pay for themselves then we will just see fewer of them, especially in smaller towns.

Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

No one should have to pay to pee: it’s time for a toilet fightback Empty Re: No one should have to pay to pee: it’s time for a toilet fightback

Post by Martin78 Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:00 pm

across vast areas of the UK the Conservative government has shut down hundreds of public Toilets "To Save Money";
As a result thousands of people with a "Pee" problem dare not go far from home, making many "Prisoners in there own homes".

Martin78

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:33 pm

It costs 20p to enter the only public toilets in my town. If I knew I would need to use them I would keep a small stash of 20p pieces with me all the time.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down