BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CV without Full Address & JCP

5 posters

Go down

CV without Full Address & JCP Empty CV without Full Address & JCP

Post by JustSomeRandom Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:20 pm

How many people put their full street address on their CV?

I don't, I usually just put the town and county and maybe the first part of the postcode along with my email and phone.

The reason I'm asking is, my jobcentre advisor said I should put my full address on it as if an employer wants to send a letter they won't be able to, however, my thinking is most will use email as it's much faster and cheaper, though they can always ask me for it if need be, then I can decide.

I have some concerns putting my full address on, you never truly know where your CV will end up, a possibility of ID theft, junk mail etc. I don't want to make it any easier for unscrupulous people.

My main question is can you be mandated to or sanctioned for not putting it on even if you have town, county, email and phone?

Last edited by SomeGuy on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misc)

JustSomeRandom

Back to top Go down

CV without Full Address & JCP Empty Re: CV without Full Address & JCP

Post by Jara Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:52 pm

I have my full address and email on my CV on UJM. I left out my phone number as I used to get tons of scam calls.

My work coach have not looked at my CV yet there but I expect I will eventually get a Jobseekers Direction to add my phone there.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:14 pm

SomeGuy wrote:The reason I'm asking is, my jobcentre advisor said I should put my full address on it as if an employer wants to send a letter they won't be able to, however, my thinking is most will use email as it's much faster and cheaper...
Your jobcentre advisor is, like most, full of crap. Like you said, town and post code is more than enough, plus email (I usually set up an email account just for CV enquiries) address.

I highly doubt you can be sanctioned for not having it. As long as you have some means of contact on it that's more than enough.
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:38 pm

also remember you can redact info on your cv for the likes of dwp and the work program providers

as many have in the past gleamed information from these documents to send out speculative letters in your name  

you can only be sanctioned for not providing by showing that you can make a cv up to an exceptable level also note dosnt mean that it has to be to what they call there level of exceptable

its to show that you can infact make a cv up to provide a copy to a job advert that your applying for

its within jobseeker help post number 3

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t1-jobseeker-help-info
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:08 am

I never include any part of my address on my CV and I have not done for the last 10 years. An email address is sufficient in this day and age.

Including a phone number is also optional; I choose not to as I am rarely contactable by phone (old phone - loses charge quickly and I don't recharge unless going out and I might need it for emergencies).

Edit:  I would add that if you want to include any part of your address then just including the town is sufficient. Including the postcode is tantamount to including the whole address as addresses can easily be obtained just by searching the postcode  Shocked

PS welcome to the forum SomeGuy. Do you mind if I ask how you discovered this website please?

Last edited by Caker on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add more)
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:27 am

Caker wrote:Including the postcode is tantamount to including the whole address as addresses can easily be obtained just by searching the postcode  Shocked
Indeed! That's why I only have the first part of my postcode on my CV, so they know which area of London only. No way would I put the full postcode.
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by JustSomeRandom Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Caker wrote:I never include any part of my address on my CV and I have not done for the last 10 years. An email address is sufficient in this day and age.

Including a phone number is also optional; I choose not to as I am rarely contactable by phone (old phone - loses charge quickly and I don't recharge unless going out and I might need it for emergencies).

Edit:  I would add that if you want to include any part of your address then just including the town is sufficient. Including the postcode is tantamount to including the whole address as addresses can easily be obtained just by searching the postcode  Shocked

PS welcome to the forum SomeGuy. Do you mind if I ask how you discovered this website please?

Hi, sorry I'm a bit late in replying, thanks for all your answers/views.

Also as to how I discovered this website, it was via an email from Mary who helped me in the past on the old UM forum.

JustSomeRandom

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:27 pm

ahh thankyou for joining the site someguy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content