BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would life be happier without Google?

Go down

Would life be happier without Google? Empty Would life be happier without Google?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Would life be happier without Google? I spent a week finding out

People had to get by without the search engine giant before it was launched in 1998. But is it possible to live your life – and do your job – without it these days?

Full article:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/apr/17/would-life-be-happier-without-google-i-spent-a-week-finding-out

Back to top Go down

Would life be happier without Google? Empty Re: Would life be happier without Google?

Post by Brutus Wed May 08, 2019 2:56 am

No.
I believe that it is what we do with technology (and life in general) that counts.
While material conditions determine our limits, if one's hungry one cannot feel sated, how we manage what we have is our business.
Being a claimant does not mean one has to become morally or spiritually downtrodden. It rather means one has to manage a thirst for justice in an unjust society. Like using Google gives the chance to quickly accomplish feats that in my youth would have required days of less complete reaserch in libraries, etc. so using the time we have in life is contingent on what we can and want to do with it.

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down