BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removal of data

4 posters

Go down

Removal of data Empty Removal of data

Post by Pintel Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Having just recently finished a ‘soft skills course’. And I wished to have me details/data removed from their records. So I duly sent the company an email asking them to: “Remove all my data/details”. They sent me back an attached form, that I need to print off and send to them with the need to show some ID aswell.
“To ensure we are releasing data to the right person we require you to provide us with proof of your identity and of your address. “  Rolling Eyes

My point here is why can’t I do it via the internet/email as they have my email account. And the information isn’t that important, it seems like they are making it difficult for people so they don’t remove my details from their system? So I was wondering if there was a template letter tell the company to remove my data and stop them messing around.  Basketball

Also on the email was  “Please be aware that the Article 17 Right to erasure is not absolute and there may be legal obligations that require us to retain certain data.”. What is Article 17 about and could I challenge this?  scratch
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Removal of data Empty Re: Removal of data

Post by Caker Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:48 pm

Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:24 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:53 am

Heres a template letter thanks to MrFrankZola that seem to do the trick?  cyclops

https://www.datarequests.org/blog/sample-letter-gdpr-erasure-request/
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:11 pm

Got a letter back saying that can’t erase all of the data due to the need for details for the funding from the ESF. So my point here is can after the training provider has got its brown paper envelope with cash in it, sorry received its funding payment (when this will happen I am not sure). So that they can finally erase the outstanding data/records from their files. As it might be missed due to the time scale involved, between payment and fulfilling my request. So I sent them another email asking the same thing, "for all possible data to be destroyed that they can". How clear do I have to make it.  Rolling Eyes

However, it says on the letter they have a ‘right to refuse’ this request? How legal is that does anyone know, as I thought under Article 17 of the GDPR the ‘Right to be erased’, was not up for discussion. Evil or Very Mad
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:37 pm

Pintel wrote:Got a letter back saying that can’t erase all of the data due to the need for details for the funding from the ESF. So my point here is can after the training provider has got its brown paper envelope with cash in it, sorry received its funding payment (when this will happen I am not sure). So that they can finally erase the outstanding data/records from their files. As it might be missed due to the time scale involved, between payment and fulfilling my request. So I sent them another email asking the same thing, "for all possible data to be destroyed that they can". How clear do I have to make it.  Rolling Eyes

However, it says on the letter they have a ‘right to refuse’ this request? How legal is that does anyone know, as I thought under Article 17 of the GDPR the ‘Right to be erased’, was not up for discussion. Evil or Very Mad

Providers are required to keep the documents for circa 7 years from memory.

The best thing to do is, do not sign the documents and then the provider will not be paid.  You may lose a place on the course if you do not sign.

Edit:

6.All projects are required to retain documents for a period after the activity has ended and these should be kept in an acceptable format so that they can be inspected where necessary. The Grant Recipientwill be informed of this retention period at the end of the project. The period will bedependent on the date at which the final claim is paid by the Managing Authority so the retention period will be unique to each project and this period cannot be specified at the outset of a given project.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/731515/ESF_Document_Retention_Guidance.pdf

Last edited by Non Deficere on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add info.)
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down