BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWP are sending me claimants NI numbers – ICO complaint

Go down

DWP are sending me claimants NI numbers – ICO complaint Empty DWP are sending me claimants NI numbers – ICO complaint

Post by Welfare-Champion Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:06 am

Dear Information Commissioner,

DWP are disclosing multiple tenants’ National insurance numbers to me.

I am also copying in some of the Universal Credit UC staff that I have been sending the below to, some quite high up people actually, so you can see the UC Director Generals know about this, but have done nothing. The local job centre staff are innocent in this.

Please find enclosed screenshots of the DWP Universal Credit UC sending me National Insurance numbers for my tenants.
Should they be doing this?
I do now know all my tenants National Insurance number, they are releasing this to me without the permission of the tenant.

I can get some tenants to back up that they are fuming with this too if you like.

My complaint is now with ICE who are taking 18 months to look at complaints. As DWP  UC just don’t take any of this seriously, I’ve not had one phone call from them about it, but the ICO I am told are interested in this. If you going after them for this and it solves my Ref number requests, then that is good for me.

https://www.property118.com/dwp-sending-claimants-ni-numbers-ico-complaint/

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down