BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Providing a CV to JC

4 posters

Go down

Providing a CV to JC Empty Providing a CV to JC

Post by Caker Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:36 pm

I know we have revisited this topic a number of times but I have now been told to provide a CV and there is a link in my UC journal to do this.

I discussed providing a redacted version. I don't want DWP to know where I worked, as that information will not assist the roach to appraise the layout and content of the CV (the reason for providing it, according to the CC).

Further to this, the roach has said that the CV needs to be exactly as I would send to recruiters (not redacted) in case s/he wishes to submit it to employers on my behalf pale . I said that I don't want that. If there is a job for me to apply for then I can be notified and I will apply independently (I think recruiters would prefer that). I have not given permission for the roach to pimp out my CV What a Face  

There is nothing in the CC which makes it explicit that the CV will be un-redacted, so I plan to redact it.

Any thoughts please?
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Providing a CV to JC Empty Re: Providing a CV to JC

Post by MrFrankZola Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:55 pm

fyi

"It is not mandatory for the claimant to upload their CV onto the journal, the claimant must however be able to show a completed and up to date CV."
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/435142/response/1056696/attach/html/2/4201%20reply.pdf.html
20th October 2017

Key word: "show"

IE: claimant shows 'coach' they have "a completed and up to date CV", without a need to allow the 'coach' to retain a copy.

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Caker wrote:I know we have revisited this topic a number of times but I have now been told to provide a CV and there is a link in my UC journal to do this.

I discussed providing a redacted version. I don't want DWP to know where I worked, as that information will not assist the roach to appraise the layout and content of the CV (the reason for providing it, according to the CC).

Further to this, the roach has said that the CV needs to be exactly as I would send to recruiters (not redacted) in case s/he wishes to submit it to employers on my behalf pale . I said that I don't want that. If there is a job for me to apply for then I can be notified and I will apply independently (I think recruiters would prefer that). I have not given permission for the roach to pimp out my CV What a Face  

There is nothing in the CC which makes it explicit that the CV will be un-redacted, so I plan to redact it.

Any thoughts please?

The work coach needs your consent to market your services to third parites.

Redaction of private information within your CV is acceptable, DWP doesn't need it to process your claim.

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/lawful-basis-for-processing/
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:51 pm

Thanks ND
That is very helpful. Providing a CV to JC 2035158131
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:56 pm

Thanks Frank Providing a CV to JC 2035158131
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:59 pm

Just wondering if I should cheekily upload that FOI to the UC journal, instead of the CV, with a note that the paper CV has been shown in person.

Anyone think that is a step too far?
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:42 pm

Caker wrote:Just wondering if I should cheekily upload that FOI to the UC journal, instead of the CV, with a note that the paper CV has been shown in person.

Anyone think that is a step too far?

Let's see what happens first. Very Happy
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Next Friday is the date by which the task is supposed to be completed.

I have been attending weekly and next week is my 3rd visit. I have been told I cannot claim travel for any of those appointments. I have also been told by the roach that they can be flexible with attendance depending upon how satisfied they are with how I manage my account (carrot and stick). I am even even supposed to report the outcome of jobs I don't get 'in case there is a pattern to be identified'. I probably won't as it really ought to be obvious  - if I get a job Providing a CV to JC 2650990582
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:36 pm

Caker wrote:Next Friday is the date by which the task is supposed to be completed.

I have been attending weekly and next week is my 3rd visit. I have been told I cannot claim travel for any of those appointments.

Travel expenses (Extract from UC Full Service Guidance)

Mandatory awards for travel
An award for travel expenses must be made when the claimant:-
 attends additional appointments other than the fortnightly work search reviews when they are allocated to the intensive work search regime. This includes:
o alternate weekly work search review during the first 13 weeks of being allocated
into the Intensive Work Search regime.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/498576/response/1211953/attach/html/3/Annex%201%20UCFS%20Travel.pdf.htm

l have also been told by the roach that they can be flexible with attendance depending upon how satisfied they are with how I manage my account (carrot and stick).

It might be worth it!?  A friend of mine has not been called into the Jobcentre for 6 months.  Very Happy

I am even even supposed to report the outcome of jobs I don't get 'in case there is a pattern to be identified'. I probably won't as it really ought to be obvious  - if I get a job Providing a CV to JC 2650990582

I agree it is silly!

Do you have to go into the Jobcentre next Friday?
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:02 am

With regard to the journal, I will record an item for everything on the CC, but only some things are 'provable' such as job email receipts. Things like speculative applications can be 'hand delivered or posted (to avoid company spam filters)' Providing a CV to JC 3889284177  so it cannot be known whether I did them or not. Similar for asking family/friends/others about jobs in my sector. Not provable and therefore not disprovable. Hopefully I will get parked if everything looks in order. I keep my real job search activity separate (separate email address) so there is no cross contamination with DWP writing to recruiters (which I don't believe they would not do).
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:06 am

So with regards to the travel, first appt was to verify ID, second was to complete CC, third will be first WSR, so presumably I can claim travel for the fourth appt if it is less than a fortnight after next Friday.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:16 am

Caker wrote:So with regards to the travel, first appt was to verify ID, second was to complete CC, third will be first WSR, so presumably I can claim travel for the fourth appt if it is less than a fortnight after next Friday.

That is right!
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by dylan Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:07 am

Caker wrote:With regard to the journal, I will record an item for everything on the CC, but only some things are 'provable' such as job email receipts.

I absoloutely understand any paranoia about this sort of thing, I am guilty of it too as one wrong move could mess up our lives (not being paid) but I havent put a single thing on my UC journal for 6 months. And have had no problems at all.

I provide my worksearch evidence in person only. My logic is that if they want us to put everything on the journal then why is our attendance neccessary at JCP? I tell my workcoach now I would happily be a digital customer only and not have to go to the jobcentre at all, but he says he cant accommodate this. Oh well! Very Happy

You could always put a note on your journal after you've visited JCP saying "provided worksearch evidence physically to workcoach" or something along those lines if you're not comfortable leaving it totally blank.

My paranoia over them nitpicking through my worksearch evidence at their leisure looking for faults far outweighs my paranoia of leaving it blank.

At least if there are any issues I always have my evidence to fall back on. Additionally I would 'beef-up' any of those unproveable things you mentioned in this situation. But touch wood had no trouble so far

And ultimately we are backed up by the regulations - they can't stipulate how we provide evidence, just that we do!

dylan

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:48 am

There is nothing preventing the work coach conducting a work search interview on-line.  Work focused interviews are more involved and would normally take place face to face, but can be completed by telephone.

(2)The Secretary of State may specify how, when and where such an interview is to take place.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/5/section/23/enacted

The primary purpose of Work Search Reviews is to check that the claimant has complied with their work-related requirements. They also provide an opportunity to identify anything that makes it harder for the claimant to get paid work and determine appropriate support.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/326935/response/803447/attach/2/FOI%201453%20Guidance.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:59 pm

“It is not a mandatory requirement for the claimant to provide the required work search evidence via their journal. The claimant must be able to provide written evidence of their work search."
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/435142/response/1056696/attach/html/2/4201%20reply.pdf.html

Key word: "provide"

IE:  attend work search appointment and provide a record/notes (evidence) of worksearch, without giving a copy to a 'coach' to retain and no requirement to record on a UC journal.

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Thanks Frank.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down