BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decline in cash

2 posters

Go down

Decline in cash Empty Decline in cash

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:17 am

Going contactless is gloriously convenient – for all the wrong people

The dash from cash doesn’t just contribute to social exclusion, it plays into the hands of unaccountable corporations

How convenient. The decline of cash and the rise of electronic payments makes life so much simpler: no more rooting around in purses and wallets for slippery notes and clunky coins, no awkward change bulking out our pockets. These days, whether by card or app or phone, the once-grubby business of money changing hands is all so clean and neat and quick and easy.

How convenient, indeed. The problem, though, is that it is also convenient for all the wrong people, for all the wrong reasons. And our blithe drift towards becoming a cashless society is coming at a cost.

Cash is old-fashioned, sometimes awkward, and often not there when we want it to be. But it also feels increasingly like resistance. Its use is inconvenient – for corporations and governments. So let’s use it more.

Full article:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/07/going-contactless-is-gloriously-convenient-for-all-the-wrong-people

Back to top Go down

Decline in cash Empty Re: Decline in cash

Post by Caker Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:46 am

Here here!!!

I make a point of using cash.
Cash is good to stash.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:37 pm

More on cash today in the Grauniad!

Eight in 10 Britons rely on cash for everyday payments, report finds

Study says 97% of population carry coins or notes after report warned of cash’s demise

Cash is still king across large parts of the UK economy, with more than 80% of people in Britain saying they pay taxi drivers, newspaper sellers, window cleaners and gardeners with notes and coins, according to a major report.
The main reasons people gave as to why they carried notes and coins were that they liked to pay for small items in this way and cash provided “peace of mind”.

Full article:
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/mar/07/britons-use-cash-everyday-payments-report-finds

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:19 pm

Decline in cash 2035158131
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul61 Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:55 pm

With NO credit cards or store Cards, Cash is king, pay my rent cash, pay my council tax cash, top up gas and electric meter cash (Using card) do my shopping cash; best way to live, no unexpected nasty bills. Very Happy

Paul61

https://unemployment-gb.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down