BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez – a world designed for men

2 posters

Go down

Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez – a world designed for men  Empty Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez – a world designed for men

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:18 am

From the ‘one-size-fits-men’ approach to smartphone design to the medical trials that are putting women’s lives at risk … this book uses data like a laser

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/feb/28/invisible-women-by-caroline-criado-perez-review

Back to top Go down

Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez – a world designed for men  Empty Re: Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez – a world designed for men

Post by Caker Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Nice find.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez – a world designed for men  Empty Re: Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez – a world designed for men

Post by Welfare-Champion Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:49 am

Extract from the link above

"Unfortunately for women, though, the hoary old problems of discrimination, violence and unpaid labour are still very much with us."

It has recently been reported by the Newstateman:

We tracked 25,688 abusive tweets sent to women MPs – half were directed at Diane Abbott

“I’ve had death threats, I’ve had people tweeting that I should be hung if"they could find a tree big enough to take the fat bitch’s weight’… I’ve had rape threats…and n*gger, over and over and over again” Diane Abbott, UK MP and Shadow Home Secretary, July 2017

Disgraceful!

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:34 pm

I agree.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down