BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JSA disallowed and migrating to UC

3 posters

Go down

JSA disallowed and migrating to UC Empty JSA disallowed and migrating to UC

Post by bb Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:19 pm

Just sharing my story and letting others know they're not the only ones this is happening to. It seems JCP have a method to migrate some JSA claimants to UC, which is hit them with a series of sanctions and then disallow their claim. I've been sanctioned 4 times since July, and now have been disallowed.

The sanctions were to do with missing weekly or even appointments three times a week. Twice my WC refused to sign me on my signing day and would give me an appointment for the next day, and the next day after that, eventually signing me on the third day after my signing day. One time he told me my claim is closed and refused to sign me, but I heard him talking with a manager about a clerical error, the manager said "say it was a clerical error", so i'm guessing that's what they told the payment processing department. No way to check if I have been paid until my MR gets processed, and I have not had a letter to say I'm sanctioned because I missed my sign on.

Then I get a letter last week which says we cannto pay JSA from 11th January and I will be sanctioned for ASE if I reclaim JSA.

bb

Back to top Go down

JSA disallowed and migrating to UC Empty Re: JSA disallowed and migrating to UC

Post by Non Deficere Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:39 pm

bb wrote:Just sharing my story and letting others know they're not the only ones this is happening to. It seems JCP have a method to migrate some JSA claimants to UC, which is hit them with a series of sanctions and then disallow their claim. I've been sanctioned 4 times since July, and now have been disallowed.

The sanctions were to do with missing weekly or even appointments three times a week. Twice my WC refused to sign me on my signing day and would give me an appointment for the next day, and the next day after that, eventually signing me on the third day after my signing day. One time he told me my claim is closed and refused to sign me, but I heard him talking with a manager about a clerical error, the manager said "say it was a clerical error", so i'm guessing that's what they told the payment processing department. No way to check if I have been paid until my MR gets processed, and I have not had a letter to say I'm sanctioned because I missed my sign on.

Then I get a letter last week which says we cannto pay JSA from 11th January and I will be sanctioned for ASE if I reclaim JSA.

Hello and welcome bb,

Firstly, I am sorry to read your story.  Would you like some help off-line?

If you can survive until a decision is made you won't be transferred to UC.  I can have a look at your MR to see if I'm able to expedite matters with an addendum.

I can also have at look at your previous sanctions too if you like?

If you don't feel comfortable on line (join my club) you must seek help from a local advice agency.  

https://advicelocal.uk/

Relevant link:
https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t3349-jsa-sanction-and-conversion-to-uc

Last edited by Non Deficere on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:24 pm

thats an interesting point there bb

its not the first time weve encountered a story of the same issues to get claimants forced onto the uc system by default

by sanctioning claimants and then closing there files down so they then state claim uc

all the best but take the option if you get it sorted please consider releasing some relevant info so others may use it in there fight

admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bb Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:15 pm

[quote="Non Deficere"]
bb wrote:

If you can survive until a decision is made you won't be trnsferred to UC.  I can have a look at your MR to see if I'm able to expedite matters with an addendum.

A decision has been made, the letter says we cannot pay you JSA because we have now decided blah blah...
I know the process of writing an MR letter and then appealing if not successful, and I don't think I can go through with that whilst not having any money. But out of curiosity, how would I go about still claiming JSA?

Also thank you for offering to help with my sanctions but I can manage. This isn't the first time I've had to write an MR letter or appeal a sanction, but that doesn't stop them trying again and again, its amusing.

bb

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:24 pm

bb wrote:
Non Deficere wrote:
bb wrote:

If you can survive until a decision is made you won't be transferred to UC.  I can have a look at your MR to see if I'm able to expedite matters with an addendum.

A decision has been made, the letter says we cannot pay you JSA because we have now decided blah blah...
I know the process of writing an MR letter and then appealing if not successful, and I don't think I can go through with that whilst not having any money. But out of curiosity, how would I go about still claiming JSA?

Also thank you for offering to help with my sanctions but I can manage. This isn't the first time I've had to write an MR letter or appeal a sanction, but that doesn't stop them trying again and again, its amusing.

You cannot claim JSA in the circumstances you describe. Crying or Very sad

You could try making a claim for a budgeting loan if you are confident in winning your case.

https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-help-benefits/eligibility

I have completed 100s of successful, ASE MR's and only 2 cases in 5-6 years have gone to Tribunal (both were won).  I may have some tricks that will assist you! Very Happy
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by bb Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:27 pm

You said in a previous post that i won't be transferred to UC until a decision is made. Did you mean after challenging the decision and if successful I would remain on JSA, even though I'm not signing on?

bb

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 am

bb wrote:You said in a previous post that i won't be transferred to UC until a decision is made. Did you mean after challenging the decision and if successful I would remain on JSA, even though I'm not signing on?

If your claim has been closed you will not be able to claim JSA in the future.

If your claim is still live you can continue your JSA claim if your MR is successful.

In the meantime, you can sign on for your NI credits.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by bb Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:41 am

Non Deficere wrote:
bb wrote:You said in a previous post that i won't be transferred to UC until a decision is made. Did you mean after challenging the decision and if successful I would remain on JSA, even though I'm not signing on?

If your claim has been closed you will not be able to claim JSA in the future.

If your claim is still live you can continue your JSA claim if your MR is successful.

In the meantime, you can sign on for your NI credits.
Thanks for clearing that up, i'll just apply for UC now.

bb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum