BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

testing validity of a jobseeker direction

4 posters

Go down

testing validity of a jobseeker direction Empty testing validity of a jobseeker direction

Post by Esther_McSanctions Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:02 am

Is a jobseeker direction valid which mandates attendance at a college course, when there is no discussion as to the appropriateness of the mandated action to the jobseeker's circumstances?  The course instructs how to write a CV, fill in application forms, open an email account etc..  These are all activities I have been doing for decades.  The JD was not imposed by my workcoach.  The adviser had not even logged into my claim.  

DWP Guidance states that a Jobseeker Direction must be:

linked to an action to improve the claimant's chances of finding work;

personalised and appropriate for that individual claimant;

Other guidance also states that a jobseeker cannot be mandated to attend a group session. Isn't a course a group session?

Could I challenge this JD by requesting it be referred to decision makers, with the proviso that it be suspended until the DMs have ruled on it?  If they find against me can they sanction me if I have not refused to attend but only tested the validity of the JD?

Esther_McSanctions

Back to top Go down

testing validity of a jobseeker direction Empty Re: testing validity of a jobseeker direction

Post by Non Deficere Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:32 am

Esther_McSanctions wrote:Is a jobseeker direction valid which mandates attendance at a college course, when there is no discussion as to the appropriateness of the mandated action to the jobseeker's circumstances?  The course instructs how to write a CV, fill in application forms, open an email account etc..  These are all activities I have been doing for decades.  The JD was not imposed by my workcoach.  The adviser had not even logged into my claim.  

Other guidance also states that a jobseeker cannot be mandated to attend a group session. Isn't a course a group session?

Could I challenge this JD by requesting it be referred to decision makers, with the proviso that it be suspended until the DMs have ruled on it?  If they find against me can they sanction me if I have not refused to attend but only tested the validity of the JD?

Hello EM

How many days is the course please?
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

testing validity of a jobseeker direction Empty Re: testing validity of a jobseeker direction

Post by Admin Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:53 pm

Esther_McSanctions wrote:Is a jobseeker direction valid which mandates attendance at a college course, when there is no discussion as to the appropriateness of the mandated action to the jobseeker's circumstances?  The course instructs how to write a CV, fill in application forms, open an email account etc..  These are all activities I have been doing for decades.  The JD was not imposed by my workcoach.  The adviser had not even logged into my claim.  

the quwstion is what are you being mandated to do

create a cv : provide one by showing you can do one
fill application forms : redact whats needed and provide by showing you can do one

however note: no amount of do it my way means its the right way to fill out application forms as many tweaking can destroy your application form
also state i will not lie on my application form

now email is an interesting one : i dont see why we need to provide this if we have one and use it now proving it is another matter

I would suggest showing this detail via an application reply dont allow dwp to have this in there hand or provider remember its you provide we add to our info

now the last 2 apply to uc and also verify i suspect this maybe a forced over to a uc account and a verify account

I cannot advise on this situation
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:30 pm

You could try to get the JD cancelled.

Cancelling a Jobseeker’s Direction
90.There may be times where, having been issued, a Jobseeker’s Direction is no longer reasonable, giving regard to the claimant’s circumstances.
91.To cancel the Jobseeker’s Direction created on LMS, the LMS Client Directionsdetails screen is cleared.

You could ask to speak with the manager or write a letter. It depends when the activity has been arranged for.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/397071/response/962263/attach/4/3c.Jobseeker%20s%20Directions.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down