BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migration to Universal Credit

+14
Georgewaste
designergas
fordcortina1970
Topaz
DeafBloke
Jayne
The Catwoman
Coconutxone
bully3061
Ignatius
Pintel
Absolut
dboy
ForgetMeNot
18 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Migration to Universal Credit  - Page 9 Empty Re: Migration to Universal Credit

Post by Ignatius Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:58 pm

Fordcortina, if you've got a passport they can probably verify your ID online, sparing you having to attend just to confirm who you are. If you pay rent, make sure you have your tenancy agreement to get the housing element sorted promptly.

A quick look on Reddit suggests weekly appointments for the first 13 weeks remains a thing😱.

Your calculations about when you would be paid seem right, but I would check with the WC next time you see them. The 2 week run used to be paid once the system had officially closed your JSA claim, not sure how the Christmas holidays may delay that. If you claim on the 18th December, your assessment period would end on 17th January, with payday 7 days later.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:59 pm

Ignatius wrote:
A quick look on Reddit suggests weekly appointments for the first 13 weeks remains a thing😱.

Hopefully, this 13x week appointments will a rubber stamp 🪠 exercise.🤨

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:25 pm

fordcortina1970 wrote:
Xennial wrote:It's possible that someone who is currently claiming Universal Credit can clarify if the following is accurate or not. I have heard that new claimants have to mandatory attend the jobcentre weekly for the first 13 weeks, and I have then heard from 14 weeks onwards, some work coaches have to see 50% of claimants weekly and the other 50% fortnightly.

That does not sound good. I've never heard of this myself and I do hope someone on hear knows something about this.

For me the weekly appointments were the usual rubbish, appointments lasted no longer than 5 minutes.
It's gonna really depend on the type of WC you get, the one I got looks so bored and can't be bothered with anything.
Other WC might have joy in harassing you through your journal.
I hope to not have to experience that type of WC.

The Catwoman

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Xennial Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:46 am

The whole Universal Credit system has been set up for people who have recently lost their jobs, because in the eye of the tories, all long term unemployed people are scroungers, who could get a job, but choose to live on the pitiful amount of benefits you receive in this country.
People who migrate from one benefit to Universal Credit should not have to attend weekly appointments, as simply moving to another benefit will not magically produce a job. We all still have the same reasons for been unable to find a job as we did on a legacy benefit, and so far, I have read about nothing that Universal Credit offers that will change my chances of finding a job. Volunteering is a magical answer for work coaches regarding references. Have any of you ever seen any volunteer opportunities working on a building site? To apply for most construction labouring jobs advertised by agencies, I require a relevant reference for that type of work.

Xennial

Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:55 am

Catwoman, did they reimburse your travel costs for these pointless weekly appointments? I normally have a leisurely stroll or bike ride to jobcentre appointments, but if I am expected weekly then I might have to catch the looser cruiser at their expense.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:23 pm

I believe as it is classified as a 'signing day'😣. After I finished my sentence on the Work Program, my Roach🤡, decided I needed some 'extra' support. So I had weekly appointments for a month or so after. And I asked for some financial support with public transport costs. 'No' was the reply. Maybe I should of asked for some free Concert Tickets....🧐

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24607270.keir-starmers-free-tickets-gifts-donors---see-full-list/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cdd4z9vzdnno

Last edited by Pintel on Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:14 pm

I know travel expenses for fortnightly signing is never re-imbursed, but I always thought the jobcentre paid travel costs for any additional mandatory appointments. The person I knew who got daily signing had to go to the little window to exchange their bus tickets for cold hard cash. In fact, letters used to clearly state that if the appointment was not your normal signing appointment you could claim travel expenses. Perhaps the DWP changed the rules after an acquaintance robbed the taxpayer. We were mandated to a month long course with a local provider. This person, who shall remain nameless, walked there and back everyday. Nevertheless, their WC gave them bus fare money back.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:44 pm

No idea, maybe 'weekly' attendance is classified as normal signing? Or maybe the Roach clown, single handedly decided to reduce the dwp's🧻 expenditure budget by not paying me 🧐..

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Xennial Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:45 pm

I think for the first 13 weeks of the claim, when you have to attend weekly, they will refund your travel expenses for the alternative weeks you have to attend. Attending fortnightly would entail paying for your own travel expenses. They probably pay for the travel using the flexible support fund.

Xennial

Back to top Go down

Post by Xennial Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:05 pm

If you get a job while on Universal Credit and earn over £404 per month, they will deduct 55p from every £1 you earn. To stop having to go to the Jobcentre, you must earn more than £892 per month. Until you earn that monthly amount, you'll still have to search for jobs.

Xennial

Pintel, Ignatius and designergas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by designergas Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:12 pm

Xennial wrote:If you get a job while on Universal Credit and earn over £404 per month, they will deduct 55p from every £1 you earn. To stop having to go to the Jobcentre, you must earn more than £892 per month. Until you earn that monthly amount, you'll still have to search for jobs.

This is the biggest thing I hate about universal credit. Even if you earn £892 a month next month, you earn less than the threshold they call you in for a appointment that can clash with your working hours and days, to be fair. Anyone only claims single allowance, no other benefits. You just better off working 15 hours or more and signing off because working out if I seek another job, e.g., 8 hours, my whole entitlement is wiped out pointless having a nagging WC telling me to come in to job search I can also do that at home probably cost me more on travelling bus fares why don't this government allow us to stay on JSA they probably saving a extra 90£ a month.

Another thing people need to know is that if you close your Universal Credit claim that remains open for an extra 6 months, they can also see your earnings with HMRC data sharing. They call this rapid reclaim. 

designergas

Back to top Go down

Post by Xennial Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:44 pm

If I am lucky enough to find an employer who isn't obsessed with recent relevant work references (I have over 20 years experience, but no contactable references), I would earn well over the monthly allowance, probably pushing on £600, maybe more per week, depending on hours. If this doesn't occur, I'll end up dependent on Universal Credit after migrating in December, and it's due to circumstance, not because I'm lazy and don't want to work.

Xennial

Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:59 am

I asked my WC about how long it takes from submitting a UC claim to the first jobcentre appointment. He said it's usually about a week, although obviously it may differ in other offices. Apparently, as there are soon to be lots more migration letters issued, they will re-deploy more staff to deal with the identity & commitments appointments.

In unrelated news, today is the first time I've signed on the last day of the month for ages. It is therefore the first time my eyes have bore witness to WC dress down day. Apparently it is a thing they have been doing for a while because it's their payday & they like to relax on their special day. Apart from a few hipster WCs, the rest of them were either a right scruffy bunch or a walking style exclusion zone. I won't be asking them for tips on how to dress for an interview. Does anyone else's jobcentre have such days?

Ignatius

Pintel and designergas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by designergas Mon Sep 30, 2024 3:30 pm

Ignatius wrote:I asked my WC about how long it takes from submitting a UC claim to the first jobcentre appointment. He said it's usually about a week, although obviously it may differ in other offices. Apparently, as there are soon to be lots more migration letters issued, they will re-deploy more staff to deal with the identity & commitments appointments.

In unrelated news, today is the first time I've signed on the last day of the month for ages. It is therefore the first time my eyes have bore witness to WC dress down day. Apparently it is a thing they have been doing for a while because it's their payday & they like to relax on their special day. Apart from a few hipster WCs, the rest of them were either a right scruffy bunch or a walking style exclusion zone. I won't be asking them for tips on how to dress for an interview. Does anyone else's jobcentre have such days?

Terrible; they lecture and laugh at us to get a job; they cannot even dress or act professionally or even have the knowledgeable experience most of the time the person sitting across the desk knows more.

I asked the work coach about UC; they don't have a single clue. Have you seen the restart advisors? Most of them dress like they are going out clubbing; like slappers standards today are borderline shocking. No wonder why many advisors fail at their job role.

A job isn't just a job; you have to take people's health issues and conditions and transport so many varies involved. And if you tell them how to do their job, they give you the dirtiest looks. Still kind of funny when they look down on us, judge us, and score a own goal and the management send them back to training.🤣

designergas

Back to top Go down

Post by Xennial Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:17 pm

In my jobcentre, everyone appears to dress like school teachers or call centre workers, which prohibits them from wearing jeans and trainers. The female manager who is mid to late thirties dresses like she has been out clubbing the night before, 5 inch heels or knee high boots, short skirts with zip fastening up the thigh and tight tops.

I always found looking at restart advisors' LinkedIn accounts amusing. Most of them have only worked in some form of sales or it's their first job after university.

Xennial

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:12 pm

My usual WC has got an impressive wardrobe of tank tops and hand me down Starsky n Hutch knitwear.

I forgot to mention they do dress down day for charidee. Remember WCs are all heart next time they refer you for a sanction.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:52 pm

Well while we are talking about 'WorkPlace appearance".. Here's the 'Standards for the Criminal Investigation Staff" ( Seem the DWP 🧻 didn't get the memo, from HQ)..

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dress-code-and-standard-of-appearance-for-criminal-investigation-staff/dress-code-and-standard-of-appearance-for-criminal-investigation-staff-accessible-version

"Dress code and standard of appearance for criminal investigation staff".. (Home Office (The Dwp🧻, are still H-O?)
(12 sept 2017)..

⚒
"The individual

You must:
make sure you maintain a good standard of appearance

"When you are in the office:

The following list is not exhaustive, but will help to explain the definition of smart. Items that are not considered smart are:

denim jeans
t-shirts
frayed or torn clothing
sportswear or beachwear, including football and rugby shirts
Lycra, although leggings can be worn with dresses or long smart tops
shorts, including three quarter length shorts (three quarter length tailored trousers are allowed)
flip flops, beach sandals or Crocs
miniskirts or dresses above knee length
inappropriate revealing clothing, such as bare mid-rift or low cut top
baseball caps or hats
underwear as outerwear
vest tops, halter neck tops or strapless tops
hooded tops
all clothing with inappropriate logos or those that are likely to cause offence, unsuitable is defined as:
rude
offensive
lewd
crude
discriminatory
political
violent
intimidating

Home Office issued"...

🟢 Compare this to other comments about JCP "office' dress standards, which are not considered 'smart'? 🤨
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:00 pm

WHAT. Are you fucking on about ???

Where s is Jobber?

I'm off for a while.
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:30 pm

oneman wrote:WHAT. Are you fucking on about ???

Where s is Jobber?

I'm off for a while.

????
Was relying to the post about 'Dress standards" #Oneman

Migration to Universal Credit  - Page 9 4107485066

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:32 pm

What standards do we have now?

oneman
oneman

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:09 pm

For whom #Oneman. As there's some Double Standards here🚨.... In the 'Red corner' as mentioned previously, standards in the JCP 🧻... whilst in the 'Blue corner' (see in bold from the Foi..)

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/available_for_work/response/2108703/attach/html/3/Spotlight%20on%20Availability%20requirements.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/available_for_work

🍓 FOI 2022/63690 :'Available for work'

"Work coaches must ensure that claimants in the Intensive Work Search
regime understand that they are required to be:
• physically able to take up work within the appropriate timescale
• contactable (through mail, e-mail or phone) for interviews or work
• willing and able to give up any commitments which may interfere with
their ability to start work
• able to attend all job interviews that have been offered to them  
aware of their workplace appearance🧐 and behaviour to ensure this does
not reduce their prospects of finding paid work......."
Pintel
Pintel

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Oct 01, 2024 4:37 pm

Quite a few of the WCs at my jobcentre have got very noticeable tattoos.

When my WC asked if I'd received my migration notice, he did say there was no need to do it immediately.

Another thing. According to the UC website you can start your claim online and then have 28 days to submit it, obviously this 28 days must be within the deadline on your migration notice. Useful if you don't have all the information you need to complete your claim.

Ignatius

Pintel and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:02 pm

Does anyone know what the 'information' you need to enter to get the UC claim afloat. I',d imagine 🤔 Name. Address, DOB, NI number, any others. Just for those whom have to travel to use the internet🛰️.

👍👍👍

Here's a good website, that explains the UC, thanks #Ignatius.

https://england.shelter.org.uk/professional_resources/legal/benefits/universal_credit/universal_credit_claims_process#information-needed-to-claim

Last edited by Pintel on Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pintel
Pintel

mandy tori and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Xennial Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:09 pm

What you need to apply

To apply online you’ll need:

your bank, building society or credit union account details
an email address
access to a phone

If you do not have these, you can call the Universal Credit helpline or go to a jobcentre. You can also get support from the Citizens Advice Help to Claim service.

You’ll also have to prove your identity. You’ll need some identity documents for this, for example your:

driving licence
passport
debit or credit card
payslip or P60

To complete your claim you will need to provide information about:

your housing, for example how much rent you pay
your earnings, for example payslips
your National Insurance number, if you have one
other benefits you get
any disability or health condition that affects your work
how much you pay for childcare if you want help with childcare costs
your savings and any investments, like shares or a property that you rent out

You might need an appointment with the Universal Credit team if:

they need more information
you cannot verify your identity online

You’ll be told if this appointment will be in a jobcentre or on the phone.

You will have to go to a meeting to agree the activities in your claimant commitment before you can get your first payment.

Xennial

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgewaste Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:29 pm

Hello, peeps I just realised my migration letter posted through the front door letter of doom. Anyone have experience with the local job centre where I sign on every fortnight is about 1 hour 30 minutes bus ride 6 miles away. Can I pick which job centre? Can I claim universal credit? I do have another job centre 3 miles away, much closer to where I live. 

Georgewaste

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next