BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universal Credit – built to fail

2 posters

Go down

Universal Credit – built to fail Empty Universal Credit – built to fail

Post by Admin Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Universal Credit, the Conservative government’s flagship welfare programme, has been broadly criticised by many on the political left. Before I ever had to apply for Universal Credit, I was aware of both these criticisms and the government’s austerity agenda, but I hadn’t fully understood what it was like to directly experience this much-maligned system.

https://www.welfareweekly.com/universal-credit-built-to-fail/

its an interesting read to say the least that i have included a further snip it of info

This story demonstrates a number of the government’s priorities with welfare. First, as I’ve mentioned, that the system is designed to display no compassion or common sense, and to sanction the maximum number of claimants in order to reduce spending. Second, that the government’s (now scrapped after it was found to be unlawful) workfare scheme was effectively subsidised free labour for some of the private businesses which the Conservative Party exists to represent.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Universal Credit – built to fail Empty Re: Universal Credit – built to fail

Post by Brutus Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:49 am

Absolutely right.
I would add that UC is simply part of a repressive machinery, effectively an extra-judiciary system devoted to the quick, factual control over the poorest part of the population.
As their number increases so is the need of preventing their resistance.
Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down