BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If ESA application fails will I be on UC or can I go back to income based JSA

+3
Brutus
Admin
ABC
7 posters

Go down

If ESA application fails will I be on UC or can I go back to income based JSA Empty If ESA application fails will I be on UC or can I go back to income based JSA

Post by cc120 Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:54 pm

I am currently on income based JSA. I intend to apply for ESA. If ESA application unsuccessful would I have to go on UC or can I choose to go back to income based JSA?

cc120

Back to top Go down

If ESA application fails will I be on UC or can I go back to income based JSA Empty Re: If ESA application fails will I be on UC or can I go back to income based JSA

Post by ABC Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:26 pm

Don't take this as 100% accurate cc120 but as far as I know any change to your circumstances is the trigger for being moved to UC. But even then there are gateway conditions that have to be met to allow you to be moved onto UC and you may not meet those conditions and so stay on JSA.

See page 31 for gateway conditions: http://www.cpag.org.uk/sites/default/files/CPAG-opening-gateway-UC-claims-conference-notes-Sept2015.pdf
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

If ESA application fails will I be on UC or can I go back to income based JSA Empty Re: If ESA application fails will I be on UC or can I go back to income based JSA

Post by Admin Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:05 am

any refusal would normally place you back on a continuation of a claim the only problem at this stage is would it be normal jsa continuation

i suspect it would be now be classed as reverting back onto new style uc regs if within your area if not it will be the old jsa system

if not in theory you would have to have a new interview and then sign a new declaration with jsa cc
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:15 pm

What if one is on old style JSA in a fully UC area and wants to apply for ESA?
Would one be moved to UC/ESA?
The little I have seen has been confusing.

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:40 pm

As I mentioned above Brutus as far as I am aware any change to your claim for JSA immediately moves the claimant to UC. As applying for ESA would be a significant change to your claim I'm guessing that you'd certainly then be on UC and if ESA applies to UC claimants then you'd be on UC and ESA and of course permanently on UC from that point onward.
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:43 pm

If ESA application fails will I be on UC or can I go back to income based JSA 2035158131
Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by cc120 Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Thank you all for your contribution Smile

cc120

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Brutus wrote:
 What if one is on old style JSA in a fully UC area and wants to apply for ESA?
Would one be moved to UC/ESA?
The little I have seen has been confusing.

It all depends whether you are in a Full Service UC area or not.

https://revenuebenefits.org.uk/blog/autumn-budget-november-2017-universal-credit-roll-out-slowed-down

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/680524/universal-credit-transition-rollout-schedule-feb18-dec18.pdf
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by bcham Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:26 pm

i just failed the esa assessment, and they have put me back on jsa,after 6 months, i thought i might have been put on uc. but im 60 yrs old if that's got any thing to do with it i don't know,

bcham

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:38 pm

bcham wrote:i just failed the esa assessment, and they have put me back on jsa,after 6 months, i thought i might have been put on uc. but im 60 yrs old if that's got any thing to do with it i don't know,

It sounds as if you may not be in a UC area. It has been suspended in some jobcentres.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 am

bcham wrote:i just failed the esa assessment, and they have put me back on jsa,after 6 months, i thought i might have been put on uc. but im 60 yrs old if that's got any thing to do with it i don't know,

I live in a UC Full Service Area and I know of someone close to 64, that had to apply for UC (and left to wait two months for any income to come in), someone else at 60 that after failing the ESA was assessment obliged to join UC (with reductions nobody seems to understand).
The only exception was a year or so ago, same situation, but claimant in its late 50s (there  was an appeal pending, if it can have any relevance) sent to JSA and left there until the appeal was won.   My local JCP however was very busy at the time and they had problems covering the UC section.

Most tragically someone else I knew, a EU national that  after living in the Country (married with a British citizen and with offspring borne here) for over 25years , that become jobless from being self-employed, refused from UC (and the housing benefit components) because he was not a "legal immigrant".

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by cc120 Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:19 pm

Very interesting comments, thank you all.

cc120

Back to top Go down

Post by cc120 Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:49 pm

Caker wrote:

It sounds as if you may not be in a UC area. It has been suspended in some jobcentres.
Hi Caker
Is there a way of finding out in which JCP's UC has been suspended?

cc120

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:50 pm

enter the postcode, of your local JC, in the box. It should reveal whether UC is live at that JC or not.

https://www.universal-credit.service.gov.uk/postcode-checker
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

If ESA application fails will I be on UC or can I go back to income based JSA Empty July 2019

Post by cc120 Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:39 pm

Caker wrote:enter the postcode, of your local JC, in the box. It should reveal whether UC is live at that JC or not.

https://www.universal-credit.service.gov.uk/postcode-checker

Thank you Caker: July 2019. I believe they're moving people over that time in most cases up to 2023.

cc120

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down