BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

debt collection companies that send you demands to pay in any communciations you may have with them.

Go down

debt collection companies that send you demands to pay in any communciations you may have with them. Empty debt collection companies that send you demands to pay in any communciations you may have with them.

Post by Admin Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:57 pm

any debt collection companies that send you demands to pay in any communciations you may have with them.

[quote="Bryan" post=55914]Please use the following to any debt collection companies that send you demands to pay in any communciations you may have with them.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep visit” through another company, please be advised that under OFT rules, they can only visit me at my home if they make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with them.

There is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore, take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, your representatives or any other company you mat deal with, to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

It is important to use this if necessary

Formal Letter of Complaint to debt collectors

Dear Sir

Harassment Warning & Notice of Formal Complaint

In breach of :

Public Order Act 1986 (c. 64) 4(a)
Administration of Justice Act 1970 (c.31) s(40)
Protection from Harassment Act 1997
Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidelines 2006 2.8 (a,b,j), 2.12 (a, f, g)
The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 section 7 (2)

Following the unsolicited visit of your agent to my premises on [date] , I wish to make a formal complaint . Please forward me your complaints procedure by return of post .

For your future reference :

I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention to continue to send 'doorstep agents' to my premises, please remember that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.) and doorstep agents representing your company are not of the afore mentioned prescibed list.

Take note therefore that I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone from a doorstop collection service company to visit me and should it be necessary, I will seek an injunction.

Yours

[print name]

-----------

Always good to get off on a complaint footing with these companies from the start , they don't much like the Financial Ombudsman's case fee of £400 per complaint submitted.[/quote]
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down