BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does UC require you to use a DWP job search site?

2 posters

Go down

Does UC require you to use a DWP job search site? Empty Does UC require you to use a DWP job search site?

Post by Archangel Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:01 am

I'm still on Job Seekers Allowance and will be migrated to UC soon. Will that mean I have to use a DWP job search site, like Find a Job - if it still exists?

Archangel

Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Does UC require you to use a DWP job search site? Empty Re: Does UC require you to use a DWP job search site?

Post by Ignatius Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:39 am

How soon is soon? Managed migration notices for JSA claimants are due to begin being sent out in September of this year. If you are one of the first recipients of an Envelope of Doom and you take the full 12 weeks+1 day to claim UC you are probably still on JSA until late November at the earliest.

I really don't know if you can be mandated to use Find A Job. It's on my current CC for my JSA claim. Reader/taxpayers, I confess I've only looked on Find A Job once this year because I keep forgetting.

Ignatius

Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Does UC require you to use a DWP job search site? Empty Re: Does UC require you to use a DWP job search site?

Post by Archangel Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:09 pm

I didn't know it was September that we would be migrated. My roach just said in a few months.

Is Find a Job also for people on UC? I thought they had a different one.

Archangel

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 pm

I just found this from 2018, but the rules might have changed by now:

"Use of the Find a job website is not compulsory for claimants of Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) or Universal Credit (UC). JSA and UC claimants are asked to create an account and upload a Curriculum Vitae (CV) on Find a job or another jobsite when they make a new claim. If a claimant creates an account using a jobsite other than Find a job, it must be one that is deemed to be suitable by the Work Coach."

https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-questions/detail/2018-05-15/144177/

Archangel

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down