BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Disability Benefits Cost Could Rocket"

5 posters

Go down

"Disability Benefits Cost Could Rocket" Empty "Disability Benefits Cost Could Rocket"

Post by Ignatius Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:54 am

Clever clogs researchers conduct study and find poor health is going to land the state with a whopping PIP bill in the near future. They recommend tackling the root cause by introducing measures to improve the nation's health and thus reduce the PIP bill.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-66820579

Ideologically driven politicians decide the best way to tackle the rising PIP bill is to make it harder to qualify.

Ignatius

oneman, Pintel and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

"Disability Benefits Cost Could Rocket" Empty Re: "Disability Benefits Cost Could Rocket"

Post by Pintel Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:41 pm

What happened to the saying "A ounce of prevention. Is worth a pound of cure"...🤨

🏀 'Ministers say a new major conditions strategy, published in August, is designed to better prevent conditions, like cardiovascular disease and musculoskeletal disorders, responsible for the highest levels of ill health in England."

This 'major conditions strategy' to improve the nation's health. Let me guess🤔, they will Tax patron's of ill health. Seem to be there only answer to everything? A 'disorder tax',  whats the plan, people can't afford to be ill....confused...

Hopefully, they won't leave it to the DWP☠/Private company's to improve the nation's health  ( look at the Health &Work Program). If they did decide to give the DWP 👺 the reins, creating a Vitality Trainers/Coaches. Let's hope they lead by example, as many of the staff at my local JCP 🚽, aren't in the peak of physical condition. When I see them standing outside 🚬...
Pintel
Pintel

Absolut, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

"Disability Benefits Cost Could Rocket" Empty Re: "Disability Benefits Cost Could Rocket"

Post by Ignatius Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:11 pm

Alas, they do leave it to private companies to improve health. Reed, of every failed DWP programme fame, do very nicely from NHS funding to deliver diabetes prevention programmes and assorted healthy living things.

As for unhealthy looking WC, some of the ones I've dealt with actually have a grey skin tone. There are defibrillators on the walls at my JCP. I refuse to believe the DWP are cuddly and they are in case of cardiac arrest in the claimant class, but are instead for the WC, most of whom look like their next breath could be their last.

Ignatius

Pintel and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:16 pm

The quote towards the end of that article about each person who doesn't claim PIP post retirement saving 70,000 of hardworking tax payers pounds explains much about the recent white paper on health assessments. Stop the buggers claiming now before it costs too much in the future.

Ignatius

Pintel and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:47 pm

Interesting #Ignatius, about some of the JCP 🚽 staff with unusual skin tones (fake spray tans aside here). You could have a valid argument about the DWP 👺 being taken over by Reptilians? Any one whom can spend Billions of Pounds on the Restart 🤮 Scheme, and say they are helping people....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilian_conspiracy_theory

Mine to has 'defibrilators' on the wal (JCP 🚽)l, wasn't sure if they where for first aid ⛑. My first thought was they where some sort of Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) or electroshock therapy (EST)🤪. To help claimants, whom disagree with the Roach's clown... In case of a shortage of 'gas-lighting'...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroconvulsive_therapy

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:51 am

In response to defibrillators in the JCP, perhaps the forum needs an ethics section in which we can debate various ethical dilemmas.

Such as, you are a WC and a claimant has a cardiac arrest. Do you rush to the defibrillator and get into full Holby City mode and try desperately to bring the poor bugger back to life? Or do you remain true to your WC training, remain at your desk boring on about claimant commitments because after all a dead claimant is now off all benefits permanently, whereas even if you get their heart going again they may well have long term damage, be unable to work and need PIP?

Or you are a claimant and the WC who has made your life a misery collapses? Would you lean over the desk and check they'd at least had the decency to put your payment through before selfishly dying? Or would you summon help because it's not every day you get to run electric currents through a WC? Remember, if you do help save a WC expect them to decide that means you have medical experience and then add jobs in healthcare to your claimant commitment.

Ignatius

Absolut, Pintel and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:48 am

Remember, if you do help save a WC expect them to decide that means you have medical experience and then add jobs in healthcare to your claimant commitment.

Hahaha. I've got First Aid training, but it's "out of date". Wink

Would I give CPR and/or mouth to mouth to the grossly overweight work coach who has already had a heart attack and has given me some right grief over the last 2 years? Of course I would. I'd probably vomit afterwards though.

How many people who walk into the JCP know that you don't use a de-fib on someone with no heartbeat? How many TV shows have we seen where a de-fib is used on a person with no heartbeat? I've seen it loads of times. It's b*llocks.

https://www.aedusa.com/knowledge/can-you-use-a-defibrillator-on-someone-with-no-heartbeat/

An AED can only be used on someone with a rapid heart rate. You cannot use it on victims with an extremely slow heart rhythm or those whose heart stops beating. If the victim’s heart has stopped or there is no heartbeat, the AED device is not going to detect that an electrical shock is needed, which is why using an AED on someone whose heart has stopped is not effective.

If a claimant walks into a JCP and they have no CPR training, or they think a de-fib is for someone with no heartbeat, when or if their work coach "drops dead" in front of them, there is no ethical dilemma to face other than whether to call 999 or not.  Very Happy
Absolut
Absolut

oneman, Pintel, Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:42 am

Absolut wrote:
Remember, if you do help save a WC expect them to decide that means you have medical experience and then add jobs in healthcare to your claimant commitment.

Hahaha. I've got First Aid training, but it's "out of date". Wink

Would I give CPR and/or mouth to mouth to the grossly overweight work coach who has already had a heart attack and has given me some right grief over the last 2 years? Of course I would. I'd probably vomit afterwards though.

How many people who walk into the JCP know that you don't use a de-fib on someone with no heartbeat? How many TV shows have we seen where a de-fib is used on a person with no heartbeat? I've seen it loads of times. It's b*llocks.

https://www.aedusa.com/knowledge/can-you-use-a-defibrillator-on-someone-with-no-heartbeat/

An AED can only be used on someone with a rapid heart rate. You cannot use it on victims with an extremely slow heart rhythm or those whose heart stops beating. If the victim’s heart has stopped or there is no heartbeat, the AED device is not going to detect that an electrical shock is needed, which is why using an AED on someone whose heart has stopped is not effective.

If a claimant walks into a JCP and they have no CPR training, or they think a de-fib is for someone with no heartbeat, when or if their work coach "drops dead" in front of them, there is no ethical dilemma to face other than whether to call 999 or not.  Very Happy

Hahahahahah

I wouldn't even give a shit if my work roach drops dead 999.
I will stay in silent mode by staring at her and wait 30 minutes then alerting someone for help 😂no thanks might attend the funeral to pay my respect.

I will gladly watch her pass away if they ever ask why didn't you phone 999. 🚑
I will say can't afford to charge my phone also you have signs up saying no mobile phone are allowed food comes first🍲.

Even you saved your work roach they will sanction you next appointment for saving her life or maybe she will blame you for causing the heart attack can't win with these lot.

Mousecat

Pintel, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:59 am

At the time defibs were installed in my JCP, claimants were effectively segregated. Legacy claimants on one floor, UC on the other. The defibs were all on the UC floor for some time. Surprised they didn't add that "perk" to the ostensible benefits of being on UC.

A good few years ago I was mandated to attend a course at a local provider. One morning a participant had a medical episode necessitating an ambulance. When they regained consciousness and were told they really needed to go to to hospital they apparently said something to the effect of, "What about the jobcentre, I'm supposed to be doing this course?" The course leader famously replied, "Fuck the jobcentre, the paramedics want to take you to hospital." It got better, the course was cancelled for the day.

Ignatius

Pintel, Gallazz and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:12 am

Ignatius wrote:At the time defibs were installed in my JCP, claimants were effectively segregated. Legacy claimants on one floor, UC on the other. The defibs were all on the UC floor for some time. Surprised they didn't add that "perk" to the ostensible benefits of being on UC.

A good few years ago I was mandated to attend a course at a local provider. One morning a participant had a medical episode necessitating an ambulance. When they regained consciousness and were told they really needed to go to to hospital they apparently said something to the effect of, "What about the jobcentre, I'm supposed to be doing this course?" The course leader famously replied, "Fuck the jobcentre, the paramedics want to take you to hospital." It got better, the course was cancelled for the day.

Isn't long before my roach does have a heart attack she looks like pale ghost vampire like a dead corpse...........

This thread makes my day leave the roach for dead one less roach is better for us also puts people off becoming a work roach the stress levels makes people reconsider maybe they will update the claimant commitment next year you must give CPR to your work roach if not sanctions will apply..............

Charles1985

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:45 pm

There are a couple of points here.

I dare say you could get 'sanctioned' for misuse of DWP 👺 property? And 'only to be operated by trained persons' label on the units box.

And if an emergency did happen, most Roach's clown most likely won't know how to use the thing. Either be reading the instructions or scrolling on their phones ☎. While the victim is struggling for Life ⚰...

I was on a First Aid ( Awareness) course. While I enjoyed the 2xday excursion. At the end of the course we where told by the tutor 🎓, as they where handing out the certificates. That 'in an emergency, we should immediately  call the Paramedics/First responders. As we (the class🐮) aren't qualified to deal with medical emergencies'. Well that was money well spent 🗑️by the JCP...🙄

While we are having this debate on emergency equipment. Why not have a 'Exorcism emergency box'🌩️....
Packed with: Holy Water, Crucifix, and a Silver Stake. Just in case of some demonic possession issue, while signing on????🤨 And before I get ridiculed here, don't forget the DWP 👺 authorised £2.9 Billion pounds to be spent on the Restart scheme 🤢..

"Disability Benefits Cost Could Rocket" 1199018962

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcism
Pintel
Pintel

Absolut and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down