BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JCP Staff to get £250 Bonus for Getting Claimants into Work

+2
Pintel
Ignatius
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

JCP Staff to get £250 Bonus for Getting Claimants into Work Empty JCP Staff to get £250 Bonus for Getting Claimants into Work

Post by Ignatius Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:27 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64776968

The DWP are piloting a scheme to give WCs £250 for getting people into paid employment.

Ignatius

oneman and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

JCP Staff to get £250 Bonus for Getting Claimants into Work Empty Re: JCP Staff to get £250 Bonus for Getting Claimants into Work

Post by Pintel Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:21 pm

#Ignatius, I don't think this 'Bruce-e Bonus' scheme is anything new. I think they already had one in place at the JCP 🚽... Must be a 'slow' news Day'?

Pintel
Pintel

Caker, oneman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

JCP Staff to get £250 Bonus for Getting Claimants into Work Empty Re: JCP Staff to get £250 Bonus for Getting Claimants into Work

Post by Ignatius Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:42 pm

Alas, this does appear to be a new thing. I think previously there has been unofficial incentives but the news reports and the unions response suggested this is some new initiative. There will even be Jobcentre league tables.

What could possibly go wrong with such a policy?

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:34 pm

My Bad #Ignatius... JCP Staff to get £250 Bonus for Getting Claimants into Work 220830807

Is it me😕, or do I sometimes get the impression that the JCP 🚽. See it all as one big Game🏟️? 'League tables', 'work Coaches '🤨. What next an having to tackle a Kryton Factor Assault- course, before you get to see the Roach'clown... Or a 'Hunger Games' between JCP 🚽, that would get the figures down📉.
JCP Staff to get £250 Bonus for Getting Claimants into Work 2227953398
Pintel
Pintel

oneman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:33 pm

Your thinking is spot on Pintel.

Think of the fun to be had with league tables. Will claimants be singing "You're getting sacked in the morning" to a bottom of the league table WC? Other football themed chants are available.

Ignatius

Caker, oneman and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:54 pm

Not just the Roaches clown, you would imagine the manager of a bottom league JCP 🚽. Could be given the 👢boot, or religated to another posting?

"Your not Singing (Signing) Anymore.....". ⚽
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:24 pm

In the new world of JCP league tables who will be the first million pound WC? Will there be WC WAGS? Will we be sanctioned for singing "You're shit and you know you are" to our underperforming WCs?

On reflection I'm just surprised the DWP hasn't had this stupid idea before. £250 isn't that much of an incentive but there are bound to be a few WCs who will use it as an excuse to put yet more unwarranted pressure on claimants. I wonder if there will be hitsquads/special measures for underperforming JCPs like exist for schools & hospitals.

I will have a look on the DWP site & union site to see if I can find out which areas this lunacy is being piloted in.

Ignatius

oneman and Absolut like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:36 pm

https://www.pcs.org.uk/news-events/news/pcs-condemns-dwps-latest-attacks-universal-credit-claimants

No list of sites involved but this article says it's not cash the WC will be getting but vouchers. I almost have sympathy for the staff - imagine coming top of the league & getting shopping vouchers when there are hardly any shops left.

Ignatius

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:19 pm

Ignatius wrote:https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64776968

The DWP are piloting a scheme to give WCs £250 for getting people into paid employment.

Your fucking kidding me!

They cant get the staff to do their normal job.
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:57 pm

Pintel wrote:Not just the Roaches clown, you would imagine the manager of a bottom league JCP 🚽. Could be given the 👢boot, or religated to another posting?

"Your not Singing (Signing) Anymore.....". ⚽

Don't rush perfection. Mad I let them off last time as the manager did not contact me for months after, but now!! With the new resurgence and blatant harassment the manager gives.
I just think duck em.

Last edited by oneman on Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
oneman
oneman

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:38 pm

I do wish they are food bank vouchers? I would love to see them in the que when I serve them.
oneman
oneman

Caker, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:23 am

I say give them turnip vouchers.

Ignatius

Caker, oneman and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:17 pm

Any Idea who the 60 job centres are?

Claimants in the Intensive Work Search regime will receive prior notice of the requirements they will be expected to fulfil. Claimants who will not be in scope for the pilot are those:

Awaiting a work capability assessment;
Required to undertake less than 20 hours a week of work search activity;
Who are gainfully self-employed;
Who have no work-related requirements;
With an easement in place; and
On a full-time provision offer.
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:44 pm

I'm hoping a list appears on the DWP section of gov.uk.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:58 am

Required to undertake less than 20 hours a week of work search activity;

In other words anyone who works for more than 15 hours per week. They aren't stupid enough to piss of working claimants then.
Absolut
Absolut

Caker, oneman, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:14 pm

Ignatius wrote:I say give them turnip vouchers.

Forget giving them vegetables 🥦 #Ignatius. What about giving them 'furniture' 🛋️. I dare say there's many claimant's that would luv to see Roach's clown given  'The Chair'⚡😉

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/give+them+the+chair

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4854-economically-inactive#16331

(Turnip's reference 🥒)
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:57 pm

oneman wrote:Any Idea who the 60 job centres are?

📯

Here's a FOI about this topic, the DWP 🚽 hasn't responded yet as delivered on the 27/feb/23. But if I put the link in for when they do reply.👂.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bonuses_of_ps250_for_staff_who_g#incoming-2247120

🐥
https://www.thecanary.co/trending/2023/03/01/the-dwp-will-give-staff-bonuses-for-forcing-more-universal-credit-claimants-into-work
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:07 am

The full list of JCPs involved is on a post on Reddit DWP board about the new daily signing nonsense. Haven't linked directly as I don't know if allowed to do that. My JCP is not on the list for now.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:08 pm

Ignatius wrote:The full list of JCPs involved is on a post on Reddit DWP board about the new daily signing nonsense. Haven't linked directly as I don't know if allowed to do that. My JCP is not on the list for now.

I've had a quick look and can't find the post. It's okay to provide the link as long as you tell people what it is and where it can be found. Both are usually in the link address, if not you can rename the link address and inform people of the content so they can make their own judgement on whether they wish to open it. At least that's how I think it works here.
Let me know if  ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶*̶*̶.̶ ̶*̶*̶o̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶*̶r̶*̶n̶*̶.̶ ̶  you think differently.
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:30 pm

Thanks Oneman.

My phone is being awkward with posting links so I will do this the luddite way. On page 2 of Reddit DWP Help board is a thread titled "10 Work Coach Appointments in a 2 week period". The full list of JCP doing daily signing is in the first post. If my phone ever stops being an arse I will post the link.

Here's hoping other forumites don't spot their JCP on the list of doom.

Ignatius

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:37 pm

Thanks Ignatius.

Full list of jobcentres taking part in pilotEngland

Aldershot

Ashton-Under-Lyme (Tameside)

Bath

Bexhill

Bognor Regis

Borden

Bradford Eastbrook Court

Bradford Westfield House

Bristol Broadwalk Shopping Centre

Camberley

Castleford

Cheetham Hill

Chichester

Chippenham

Coalville (POC)

Corby

Cosham

Crawley Forest Gate

Crawley (POC)

Daventry

Dewsbury

Didsbury

Eastbourne

Eccles

Epsom

Frome

Gloucester

Gosport

Guildford

Guiseley

Halifax

Hastings

Havant

Haywards Heath

Hemsworth

Hinckley

Horsham

Huddersfield

Keighley

Kettering

Leicester Charles Street

Leicester Wellington Street

Lewes

Littlehampton

Loughborough

Market Harborough

Melton Mowbray

Minehead

Morley

Newhaven

Newlands

Newport Isle of Wight

Northampton

Park Place - Leeds

Pontefract (POC)

Poole

Pudsey

Rushden

Rusholme

Seacroft

Shirehampton

Southern House - Leeds

Spen Valley

Staines

Stockport

Stretford

Swindon

Todmorden

Wakefield

Wellingborough

Weston Super Mare

Weybridge

Weymouth

Woking

Worthing

Wythenshawe

Yeovil

Scotland

Barrhead

Campbeltown

Castlemilk

Drumchapel

Glasgow City Central

Govan

Kirkintilloch

Laurieston

Paisley

Partick (POC)

Renfrew

Shettleston

Springburn
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:43 pm

Thanks Oneman.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:04 pm

The government normally test everything in Scotland first before implementing the true horror on the British.
If I'm to be corrected the small town of Scotland is now included in that list.
Hail Logic and thank the non-existent deity of your choice for her insane reduction in the area that was once Scotland. May the Almighty smite me down for even considering such a thing! SMH.
JCP Staff to get £250 Bonus for Getting Claimants into Work 111
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:17 pm

While I am no Geography/English major here🎓. However, while I am no fan of the JCP 🚽,  it seems the 'names' below the Scotland are apparently Scottish towns... Maybe they should of underlined Scotland 🤔:?...

Not sure if any Welsh  ? ?settlement's are on the list?

Still thanks for trying #Oneman 👍
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:50 am

Nice to see the claimants in & around the Glasgow area getting a DWP kicking. I know the Scottish population distribution is heavily skewed around a few big cities/central belt but only 1 of the JCPs listed is in Edinburgh. Even worse, some of those Glasgow based ones are some of the most deprived areas going. Like daily signing will help.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next