BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Signing Dressed Up As New Programme For UC Claimants

+2
fordcortina1970
Ignatius
6 posters

Go down

Daily Signing Dressed Up As New Programme For UC Claimants  Empty Daily Signing Dressed Up As New Programme For UC Claimants

Post by Ignatius Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:17 am

According to this article, the DWP is piloting a new programme requiring daily signing after 13 weeks claiming UC in 4 areas of the UK.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/dwp-change-cause-universal-credit-8165881

Daily signing is hardly a new initiative, nor is it particularly effective in getting people back to work.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Daily Signing Dressed Up As New Programme For UC Claimants  Empty Re: Daily Signing Dressed Up As New Programme For UC Claimants

Post by fordcortina1970 Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:07 pm

I wonder how they would cope with a man who has been unemployed for 27 years whose work history is eight months with his longest job was for five months as a litter picker. A man who more or less went from school to the dole queue. A man who is in his mid 40s with no experience, No driving licence, No work reference's, No skill's for the modern work place. A man who is so out of touch with the modern world. Even the Restart scheme are like a rabbit caught in the headlights, they just don't know what to do with someone like me. No experience, No job.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Daily Signing Dressed Up As New Programme For UC Claimants  Empty Re: Daily Signing Dressed Up As New Programme For UC Claimants

Post by The Catwoman Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:09 pm

I remember my WC kept on threatening daily signing.

The Catwoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:27 pm

It must be like 'Ground Hog Day' at the DWP🚽... As they keep recycling the same old ideas! 🙄

No mention of what the 'Two week intensive' period for claimant's will do? Standing in the corner with a sign around their😵 neck. While the Work Roach'clown, shouts abuse at them! Not to mention, the extra work load for these Roaches clown...
Still at least these people will be 'economically -active', as their extra bus fares. Will drive the economy confused.....

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:51 pm

The article I linked to is dreadful for not really giving much detail on this rehashed nonsense - I can't find anything else online about what this "new" scheme is called or when/if it will go nationwide.

Not just bus fares Pintel, the extra footfall in JCPs will keep the chair wipers in work for a bit longer.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:30 pm

So you still have the 'Wiper-Snipers' at your JCP🚽. I haven't seen one at mine since the New year #Ignatius. Unless the fella has gone all 'Commando' and camouflaged🌴 himself hiding behind the sofa's 😳...
But as you said, hardly any details of this operation????

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:17 pm

My JCP is maybe more manky then yours, hence continued employment of wiper snipers.

Yesterday's wiper was clad head to toe in designer gear. Assuming none of it was knock-off, it may be that it's not a badly paid gig. I'm almost tempted to apply to be one.

Yeah, this ostensible new daily signing regime is weird. I can't see how the DWP could afford to roll it out nationally. It's more of the hostile environment stuff - they can't really push us down the JCP stairs/bang our heads against the desk to force us into zero hours jobs so instead they'll have us reporting for duty everyday like we're on police bail. Still, at least it doesn't involve siphoning of bazillions to the Welfare to Work brigade. Imagine the look on the WCs face when we're turning up day after day.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:33 pm

" ... Imagine the look on the WCs face when we're turning up day after day."

That would be one of the few positives here🏁. Knowing that the Roaches clown, have to grind through the same process day after day, bunging up the system 🚽....

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:19 am

How do you guys plan on avoiding these daily appointments?

I am thinking it should even easier to get a sick note, as most GP would agree with you that daily scheme wouldn't be good for your mental health.

My friend got sick and tired of daily sign ons in 2015, she started "demanding" more help from her work coach every day. She asked for some better interview clothes and a new laptop as her old one stopped working. She also wanted a new phone as well.. and a paid trip to Doncaster as there was a cool event there she wanted to attend. I think it was a comic convention, and she wanted to hand out CVs to some big names or something. I think the only request they actually helped her with was getting a library card (of all things). Took about 13 days before her work coach signed her off daily sign ons, they probably had enough of her making them feel useless.

Jara

Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:05 am

Jara wrote:How do you guys plan on avoiding these daily appointments?

I am thinking it should even easier to get a sick note, as most GP would agree with you that daily scheme wouldn't be good for your mental health.

My friend got sick and tired of daily sign ons in 2015, she started "demanding" more help from her work coach every day. She asked for some better interview clothes and a new laptop as her old one stopped working. She also wanted a new phone as well.. and a paid trip to Doncaster as there was a cool event there she wanted to attend. I think it was a comic convention, and she wanted to hand out CVs to some big names or something. I think the only request they actually helped her with was getting a library card (of all things). Took about 13 days before her work coach signed her off daily sign ons, they probably had enough of her making them feel useless.

That woeful newspaper article suggests it is just for new UC claimants so hopefully anyone on JSA can avoid it, at least until their claim is migrated to UC, I'm not sure about anyone who has been on UC for longer than 13 weeks. I might have a look on the Reddit DWP boards and gov UK later to see if I can find out more.

Your friend had the right approach to daily signing - make the WC view you as akin to an irritating itch that just won't go away.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:07 pm

The DWP announced that from January anyone working less than 16 hours x NMW as a single person or 24 hours x NMW for a couple will be made to see a work coach. From September that will extend to anyone not working for 35 hours x NMW. Does daily signing for the first 13 weeks of a claim include or exclude people with jobs who claim UC in order to make ends meet?
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:41 pm

I couldn't find more about this on the DWP of gov.uk so unfortunately still none the wiser of the finer details.

Ignatius

Absolut and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:38 pm

The PCS union site has a bit more on this daily signing initiative.

https://www.pcs.org.uk/news-events/news/pcs-condemns-dwps-latest-attacks-universal-credit-claimants

Ignatius

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:09 am

Reddit's DWP board has a post listing all of the JCPs piloting the new daily signing nonsense.

Ignatius

Caker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down