BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hundreds of thousands more workers to receive job support.

2 posters

Go down

Hundreds of thousands more workers to receive job support. Empty Hundreds of thousands more workers to receive job support.

Post by oneman Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:24 pm

Hundreds of thousands more workers!!! to receive job support boost in spring.

The government could end up telling doctors and GPs to sign fewer sick notes in a bid to boost the UK economy. In plans reported by The Telegraph and under consideration at Whitehall, ill people would instead remain at work “with the relevant support”.

Several ministers, including Chancellor Jeremy Hunt, have expressed concern over Britain’s increased economic inactivity and the increase in long term sick leave since the pandemic. These concerns could lead to GPs being asked to encourage ill people to stay at work, while stressing the “benefits of work”.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hundreds-of-thousands-more-workers-to-receive-job-support-boost-in-spring.

Last edited by oneman on Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
oneman
oneman

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Hundreds of thousands more workers to receive job support. Empty Re: Hundreds of thousands more workers to receive job support.

Post by Ignatius Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:15 pm

I read about this yesterday in The Pulse - the go to rag for GP's. The medical profession are not enthusiastic about these plans. But then when did the DWP ever let that bother them?

What crazy policy will the DWP announce next? Work Coaches in graveyards digging up the dead to boost the workforce??!!

Ignatius

oneman and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Hundreds of thousands more workers to receive job support. Empty Re: Hundreds of thousands more workers to receive job support.

Post by oneman Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:36 pm

What is the longest sick leave you can get from your doctor?

I know DWP ignore sick notes but when backed up with NHS and Government legislation then they can last until legislation is changed and that takes a long time. I know as I have been there and got it changed.

I used my 7-day statuary sick allowance and then saw a doctor who gave me 2 weeks off for the first time ever in my life. Then saw another doctor who gave me a month off, then 3 months and now 2 months. I'm Still awaiting my work capability assessment as I'm off sick with long-haul symptoms of covid and can't attend their appointments as it breaks NHS and government legislation so not sure what happens next.
I just follow the NHS guidance and the government legislation and the circle continues.

I'll be due a miracle after all this or a holiday due to stress.
oneman
oneman

Absolut, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:24 pm

Ignatius wrote:I read about this yesterday in The Pulse - the go to rag for GP's. The medical profession are not enthusiastic about these plans. But then when did the DWP ever let that bother them?

What crazy policy will the DWP announce next? Work Coaches in graveyards digging up the dead to boost the workforce??!!

Do you Have a link please Ignatius?

Edit: found it but not read it yet. Thanks.
GPs may be asked to limit fit notes as part of ‘ridiculous’ government plans
https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/politics/gps-may-be-asked-to-limit-fit-notes-as-part-of-ridiculous-government-plans/

If the DWP is passing everything on to Doctors. Do you think Doctors will take over the parasitic scum, work roach jobs by the DWP and their leaders!!! Laughing Will job centres become health centres?

That is never going to happen no matter what you vote for!
It would be nice to have a qualified human that can actually do their job with empathy and understanding, making the important decisions. I wish.

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/workload/gps-no-longer-have-to-put-signature-on-fit-notes/
https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/workload/pharmacists-nurses-and-physios-to-ease-gp-fit-note-burden-from-next-month/

Is there any BMA response to this?
oneman
oneman

Absolut and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:03 am

When the professionals the government expect to deliver their latest madcap scheme pithily dismiss it as 'ridiculous' little else needs to be said. Except our world beating government will doubtless dream up something equally insane to address workforce shortages. Lowering the school leaving age anyone? Who needs qualifications when the shops need their shelves stacking or people need their takeaways delivered?

I suspect large swathes of the medical profession would probably like to issue an unfit for all work note to the government.

Ignatius

Brutus and oneman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down