BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Benefit sanctions will continue under Labour as party 'reforms' Universal Credit"

5 posters

Go down

"Benefit sanctions will continue under Labour as party 'reforms' Universal Credit" Empty "Benefit sanctions will continue under Labour as party 'reforms' Universal Credit"

Post by Archangel Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:48 am

"Benefit sanctions will continue under Labour as party 'reforms' Universal Credit"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/benefit-sanctions-continue-under-labour-28921324

I'm lost for words.

Archangel

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

"Benefit sanctions will continue under Labour as party 'reforms' Universal Credit" Empty Re: "Benefit sanctions will continue under Labour as party 'reforms' Universal Credit"

Post by jobberpw Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:19 am

This comes as no surprise to me as heard one of their cronies on the news yesterday spouting about how their address the unemployment situation.

Basically, none of them have a bloody clue what their doing. I think many will know that globally, and us more than so than others are in one almighty economic mess.

An economy filled with millions of low paid unstable jobs while people are left with huge bills. The ''elites'' idea, buy an electric car and go and retrain. Only thing wrong is 90% cant afford a bloody electric car & the training on offer; for 50+ and much younger, isn't worth toilet roll. [Ie] WPMK1, 2,3,4,5 rinse and repeat. Far easier to keep throwing billions over the years at these scams than do any real constructive thinking leading to a positive outcome. For some...it's already too late.  

I long for the day a politician of any party knocks on my door. Good to see their putting a hard shift in trying their best at waving legislation through no doubt at top speed. 'Lets stop people from striking.' Can really see where the heart ls.

It's going to be another rinse and repeat more work programmes etc.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel, Archangel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

"Benefit sanctions will continue under Labour as party 'reforms' Universal Credit" Empty Re: "Benefit sanctions will continue under Labour as party 'reforms' Universal Credit"

Post by Archangel Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:33 pm

The only hope is that Labour are just saying that to get the Tory vote. There are a lot of Tories out there sick of the Tory Party, and would vote for Labour if Labour punished the unemployed too.

Blair said similar things pre-1997 election, and never brought the policies in... or at least in a very watered down form.

Archangel

jobberpw, Pintel, Gallazz and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:24 pm

Pintel
Pintel

Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:39 pm

Archangel wrote:The only hope is that Labour are just saying that to get the Tory vote. There are a lot of Tories out there sick of the Tory Party, and would vote for Labour if Labour punished the unemployed too.

Blair said similar things pre-1997 election, and never brought the policies in... or at least in a very watered down form.

Sadly, the only Labour leader to actually oppose the use of benefit sanctions was Jeremy Corbyn, and Labour lurched back to the right after his departure. I can see Starmer making modifications to UC like getting rid of the five week wait for example, but he's too scared to be drastically different from the Tories (or just isn't that different).

Gallazz

Pintel, Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:42 am

Pintel wrote:As you say only time will tell? 🕦 And they are only proposal's at the moment. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jan/10/labour-plans-overhaul-routes-work-sick-long-term-unemployed-jonathan-ashworth

The proposals remind me of the Iain Duncan Smith years and the battle to force disabled people into work at any cost.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:46 am

Gallazz wrote:

Sadly, the only Labour leader to actually oppose the use of benefit sanctions was Jeremy Corbyn, and Labour lurched back to the right after his departure. I can see Starmer making modifications to UC like getting rid of the five week wait for example, but he's too scared to be drastically different from the Tories (or just isn't that different).

Yes, I fear you are right.

Starmer will probably be harder on the unemployed than the Tories are.

Archangel

jobberpw, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:52 am

I doubt that but I'd be shocked if he spoke up for us.

Gallazz

jobberpw, Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:36 pm

Heard on radio today Labour plan on scrapping all WCA. Once accepted for that process no more WCA circuses MK1,2,3,4 etc. Tory boys only had tis in place hoping many would just crack and walk away from it.

Best thing i ever heard and confirms how delusional they all are.By letting people keep disabled benefits, they can now return to work Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad All their ills have been cured because of this new miraculous idea Evil or Very Mad

If all goes crap shape, return to their unemployed status as before.Funny all this. Delusional parties' must feel that there is now a mad rush for employers with an urgent need to employ disabled people solely on the basis they ''are now employable due to DWP saying they can keep their benefits.''Countries gone bloody insane.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:57 pm

While these are only Labours proposals. However, one does get an idea of their thinking 🤔.

"Devolving employment support to local authorities' ..

Is this to save the DWP🚽 some 💸 money, and transfer the cost of this onto the L-A (council tax)???

"End the era of a slew of national programmes to get people into work".

Do they mean 💰 money wasted on programmes like the: New-Deal(Labour's idea), Work Program, Restart/Kickstart etc etc etc etc 🙄🙄🙄.

"Turn job centres into hubs for skills training and advice...."

Isn't that what the JCP🚽 are supposed to do 🤔.And what happened to the 'end of national programmes...'

But nothing about the 'guaranteed' 5x week wait for benefits. Or the dracoian Sanctions regime in operation 🤢...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jan/10/labour-plans-overhaul-routes-work-sick-long-term-unemployed-jonathan-ashworth

"Benefit sanctions will continue under Labour as party 'reforms' Universal Credit" 1259455036
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:52 am

Think so Pintel. My council up here, has a very healthy appetite for getting people BACK TO WORK! No matter what. All seem in cahoots so to speak with that delusion.

Still, Hi Techs leading the way now with 10.000 going at Microsoft, and god knows how many more in the uk at Amazon. There is a lot going on economically speaking and 90% of it is looking real bad Twisted Evil .

"Turn job centres into hubs for skills training and advice...."

Isn't that what the JCP🚽 are supposed to do 🤔.And what happened to the 'end of national programmes...'

Best thing they can do, is to either shut those hell holes or, level the places for more tower blocks of flats. Surely must be better financially. After all, everyone on this forum by now must realise there are no jobs within those places that allow people to live a financially sustained life.Unless, they happen to still live at home with their mum and dad for instance. Or, live in a shared house. I still remember the days of going to work to make a living, not just survive hand to mouth.Dressed up by the Tories as "Your'e doing the right thing" As long as it's not them doing it.Working for nothing that is Evil or Very Mad .Ain't going to happen Evil or Very Mad .

That's my rant over.Another Coffee needed and better put something else in it, to calm me down scratch

jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:54 pm

Well said #Jobber.👋
It seems its back to the 'Shell🐚 game' of giving the impression of doing something, while actually doing nothing...confused
Only time will tell. Seem to me more 'Papering over the cracks', to me with no real ideas 🤔?

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:08 am

Not surprising, the Welfare Reform Act 2009 was an incredibly bad piece of legislation and the brainchild of the then Labour's Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
It was this act that introduced sanctions (and a lot of other nasty and repressive features, for instance an everlasting disqualification to receive benefits).
The Tory governments (actually a coalition) that follow simply reformatted it in the shameful Welfare Reform Act 2012, actually, at the time, toning down some of the worse aspects of the Labour made one!
Since then we all know how by bits and pieces of additional legislative measures have striven to worsen the already horrible law and its implementation.
Labour seems interested in winning elections (not too well, obviously) and if its leaders think, the way is to present themselves as more Tory than the Tory themselves, they will do it.
Brutus
Brutus

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:23 pm

Brutus wrote:Not surprising, the Welfare Reform Act 2009 was an incredibly bad piece of legislation and the brainchild of the then Labour's Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
It was this act that introduced sanctions (and a lot of other nasty and repressive features, for instance an everlasting disqualification to receive benefits).
The Tory governments (actually a coalition) that follow simply reformatted it in the shameful Welfare Reform Act 2012, actually, at the time, toning down some of the worse aspects of the Labour made one!
Since then we all know how by bits and pieces of additional legislative measures have striven to worsen the already  horrible law and its implementation.
Labour seems interested in winning elections (not too well, obviously) and if its leaders think, the way is to present themselves as more Tory than the Tory themselves, they will do it.
It was the Jobseekers Act 1995 that saw the introduction of sanctions to out of work benefits. All I know off the top of my head about the Welfare Reform Act 2012 is that it massively increased the length of JSA sanctions, so any 'toning down' sounds like an anomaly.

Gallazz

Brutus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down