BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Data Protection and digi’ ‘info bill

3 posters

Go down

Data Protection and digi’ ‘info bill Empty Data Protection and digi’ ‘info bill

Post by Caker Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:43 pm

Found this. Should we be concerned?

https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/3322
Caker
Caker

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Data Protection and digi’ ‘info bill Empty Re: Data Protection and digi’ ‘info bill

Post by Absolut Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:26 am

It's a large bill. It will take some time to go through it.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Data Protection and digi’ ‘info bill Empty Re: Data Protection and digi’ ‘info bill

Post by Absolut Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:26 am

LOL One of the first bits I get to has a direct bearing on the consent forms that provider's have been including in the Restart "induction pack" where multiple matters are covered by one signature:

(3) If the data subject’s consent is given in writing as part of a document which also concerns other matters, the request for consent must be made—
(a) in a manner which clearly distinguishes the request from the other matters,
(b) in an intelligible and easily accessible form, and
(c) in clear and plain language.

(4) Any part of a document described in subsection (3) which constitutes an infringement of this Part is not binding.
Absolut
Absolut

Caker and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:48 am

What an incredibly boring bill. There are so many amendments it's hard to make sense of it without seeing the final draft. I don't see anything immediately obvious in it to worry anyone. I'm sure professional lawyers will be keeping a beady eye on it before it passes. One thing they are going to have to change is "Queen" to "King".
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:41 pm

I have not had time to read it all yet but I understand some people are raising concerns that SARs and FOIs will be either abolished or very much harder to obtain if this gets passed.
Caker
Caker

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:48 am

Caker wrote:I have not had time to read it all yet but I understand some people are raising concerns that SARs and FOIs will be either abolished or very much harder to obtain if this gets passed.

Yikes. Without FOIs we wouldn't know half the stuff we do about DWP procedures.
Absolut
Absolut

Caker and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:08 pm

This bill needs to be strongly opposed.
Caker
Caker

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:16 am

Caker wrote:This bill needs to be strongly opposed.

I would like to think it will be. Journalists and pressure groups should take up the cudgels on this one because FOI requests are vital to much of their work. I think outright abolition unlikely but I can forsee more conditions on obtaining one, such as charges or longer response times. Which of course could be effectively abolishing them for individuals. Although in our current political climate in which everyone will soon get their turn at being Prime Minister who knows what will happen.

Ignatius

Caker and Absolut like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down