BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Available for work

3 posters

Go down

Available for work Empty Available for work

Post by Pintel Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:45 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/available_for_work#incoming-2100586

Basketball

Last week I was in the JCP 🚽, and the Roach clown questioned my 'availablity' for work due to my health/physicality (but not on the Sick/pip thou🤔). Then I find this FOI request. Seem I am able and available to take up paid employment offers up. From what I read just need to be 'ready and willing' to take up an immediate start is being 'available' for work. While if Caring/childcare responsibilitys it goes up to 24/48 hrs.
So being as able as a 50 yr old fella with some mileage on the clock 🕦. Should fit the criteria for being available for work?

The strange thing is this doesn't take into account, it could be a dirty job, so need a change of clothes/PPEs. Aswell as could be in the middle of the night, so no public transport about. What are you going to walk to work or get a taxi...confused Immediate start?????

Also in 'Spotlight on availablity' reg (available for work and IWS, claimant commitment)

"Aware of their workplace appearance and behaviour to ensure this does not reduce their prospect of finding work".

Workplace appearance: as my old boss used to say to me. 'Your paid for what you do, not what you look like".👍

🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁

👍 https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/886704/response/2108703/attach/html/3/Spotlight%20on%20Availability%20requirements.pdf.html

✍. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/886704/response/2108703/attach/html/4/Availability%20for%20work%20V8.0.pdf.html

🤲https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/886704/response/2108703/attach/html/5/Availability.pdf.html

💅https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/886704/response/2108703/attach/html/6/Response%20FOI2022%2063690%202.pdf.html
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Available for work Empty Re: Available for work

Post by Absolut Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:11 pm

You have said you can work and that means you are available.

just need to be 'ready and willing' to take up an immediate start is being 'available' for work

Yep. Isn't it also DWP policy that everyone is available for work unless one of their doctors says otherwise?
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:58 pm

Absolut wrote:You have said you can work and that means you are available.

just need to be 'ready and willing' to take up an immediate start is being 'available' for work

Yep. Isn't it also DWP policy that everyone is available for work unless one of their doctors says otherwise?[/quote

🍓
And even with a Sick note, you are still expected to attend an interview 😞. Nothing about if the doctor's don't want you walking/being active!

"Signed off sick (have a fit note from the
Not required to take up a new job until
doctor)  
their fit note expires but they can be
required to attend a job interview."

Available for work 507219341

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/886704/response/2108703/attach/html/4/Availability%20for%20work%20V8.0.pdf.html
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:00 am

Availability for claimants with a health condition
If a claimant has a physical or mental impairment (including those with cognitive or learning difficulties), the availability requirement will be limited to what is reasonable in light of the impairment.  

As well as limiting the number of hours, the claimant may also limit the type and location of work they are available for. They will not have to show that they have reasonable prospects of finding work, but the following factors must be considered when agreeing a limitation:

•  the nature of the health condition or disability and how this may affect what the claimant is reasonable (sic) expected to do
•  the likely duration of the health condition and the potential for this being long-term  
•  if the claimant has an employer and that employer is providing occupational therapy or other provision to help the claimant get back to work

The above contradicts this:

Reasonable prospects of finding work
When establishing if a claimant has reasonable prospects of finding paid work, the following must be considered:

•  that the limitations do not prevent the claimant from taking up any job, and
•  account is taken of the jobs available in the local Labour Market (ensuring that a claimant does not restrict the hours they are available to such an extent that no jobs would be available to them)  

So, on the one hand the claimant doesn't have to show that they have reasonable prospects of finding work, but on the other hand the work coach must consider that the limitations don't prevent the claimant from taking up a job. Nowhere in any of this do they consider the elephant in the room - employers do not have to hire disabled or sick claimants.

A claimant who is required to be available for work must be as ready and flexible as possible to attend interviews and to start work.

If it's impossible then there's nothing the DWP can do about it. No matter what they write, if it breaches the Equality Act 2010, they can't uphold a sanction over it.

Additional time is acceptable in the following situations:

Signed off sick (have a fit note from the doctor) [and] Not required to take up a new job until their fit note expires but they can be required to attend a job interview.

I'm not sure what this section is referring to, but it's UC and there are people on Restart who get fit notes either before or after starting. They seem to think that "taking up a job" is switched off, but attending an interview is not. I think they could be challenged over that if the claimant has orders from their doctor not to leave the house, like London123 was, like I was. These people are incredibly stupid and irritatingly unaware of the EA 2010. As the wording isn't formatted correctly (i.e it's garbled), I am assuming they mean extra time can be given for the sick person to make arrangements to attend an interview where their CC says 24 hours but that's not enough time. Of course, the first thing the sick person is going to say to the job interviewer is that they are not fit for work yet. Rolling Eyes
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:06 pm

Absolut wrote:
A

I'm not sure what this section is referring to, but it's UC and there are people on Restart who get fit notes either before or after starting. They seem to think that "taking up a job" is switched off, but attending an interview is not. I think they could be challenged over that if the claimant has orders from their doctor not to leave the house, like London123 was, like I was. These people are incredibly stupid and irritatingly unaware of the EA 2010. As the wording isn't formatted correctly (i.e it's garbled), I am assuming they mean extra time can be given for the sick person to make arrangements to attend an interview where their CC says 24 hours but that's not enough time. Of course, the first thing the sick person is going to say to the job interviewer is that they are not fit for work yet. Rolling Eyes

🍍

With regards to the foi
It's here in the link, under the 'Availability for work V8.0"

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/886704/response/2108703/attach/html/4/Availability%20for%20work%20V8.0.pdf.html

Scroll down to the bottom, and the paragraph 'signed off sick......'

lol!

🍉 From my reading of the foi, it seems to be more focused upon Claimant's whom are Carer's or with childcare responsibilities, than Claimant's with health conditions (physical or mental).

scratch
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:32 pm

Yes, you are probably right. What comes over though is how robotic the "rules" are towards carers and sick/disabled.
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:42 pm

Absolut wrote:Yes, you are probably right. What comes over though is how robotic the "rules" are towards carers and sick/disabled.

Or Tailored 1 to 1 support as the DWP 🚽 define it.....
Pintel
Pintel

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:24 pm

In simple terms, if you are a JSA claimant you need to ensure your JSAg/JSA claimant is up to date

For example:

Agreed hours/time within the the agreement/commitment
Affordability of travelling as well as location
Health concerns
Caring etc.

D.Appleby

Caker, Absolut, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down