BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budgeting loan

4 posters

Go down

Budgeting loan  Empty Budgeting loan

Post by OldSchool Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:52 am

Hello everyone use to be a member of the old unemployment movement forum hope everyone is doing well in these times

I have being unemployed now on uc now for about two years I was wondering now to claim a Budgeting loan under uc. Looked on on uc site and all it says is ask your adviser I am a bit loath to tell my work coach what I need money for but is something that would help me into a job.

Has anyone applied for one or could offer advise would be most welcome
Many thanks oldschool

OldSchool

Back to top Go down

Budgeting loan  Empty Re: Budgeting loan

Post by Absolut Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Websites like Citizen's Advice and Shelter tell you to contact the UC helpline. 0800 328 5644. That way you bypass your work coach Wink
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:34 pm

OldSchool wrote:Hello everyone use to be a member of the old unemployment movement forum hope everyone is doing well in these times

I have being unemployed now on uc now for about two years I was wondering now to claim a Budgeting loan under uc. Looked on on uc site and all it says is ask your adviser I am a bit loath to tell my work coach what I need money for but is something that would help me into a job.

Has anyone applied for one or could offer advise would be most welcome
Many thanks oldschool

Hey OS

Advance and hardship payments
If you do not have enough to live on while you wait for your first payment you can ask for an advance payment after you’ve made a claim.

You can also ask for a hardship payment if you cannot pay for rent, heating, food or hygiene needs because you got a sanction.

You need to pay it back through your Universal Credit payments - they’ll be lower until you pay it back.

https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/other-financial-support

Before you apply for a Budgeting Loan or Advance, check whether you can get these payments which you do not have to pay back:

Funeral Payment
Local Welfare Assistance
Sure Start Maternity Grant (England, Wales, Northern Ireland) or Best Start Grant (Scotland).
Flexible support scheme funding
Charitable grants

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Budgeting-Loan-Advance/What-is-a-Budgeting-Loan-Advance

D.Appleby

Caker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by booklover1984 Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:43 am

Sorry to revive an old post, But i have being unemployed for about two years to on uc. i have the same problem as original poster i want to apply for an loan but dont want to speak to work coach about it to.

Also i dont want to give real reason i need loan, any advise of what i should say or do when i call them many thanks

booklover1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:33 am

Sometime after 15 July, but before the end of July, you should get £326 automatically via the cost of living support payment. Can you wait that long?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/cost-of-living-support/cost-of-living-support-factsheet-26-may-2022

For recipients of DWP benefits: To get the first Cost of Living Payment, you must have been entitled to a payment (or later found to be entitled to a payment) of either:

i. Universal Credit for an assessment period that ended in the period of 26 April 2022 to 25 May 2022 ii. income-based JSA, income-related ESA, Income Support or State Pension Credit for any day in the period of 26 April 2022 to 25 May 2022

The only reference to a loan under UC is a budgeting advance. It's usually paid once, when you first apply, but you could ring them and ask. It's a free call and at least you will find out where you stand. They will want to know what it's for. You could simply say you are struggling to pay your bills. They may direct you to the £326 that you are due to receive shortly.

https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/other-financial-support

Sorry I can't be of any other help.
Absolut
Absolut

Caker and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down