BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bodycams and the JCP

4 posters

Go down

Bodycams and the JCP Empty Bodycams and the JCP

Post by Pintel Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:56 pm

I went to the local JCP 🚽 yesterday, and noticed that the security guards where wearing personal CCTV body cameras. I am not sure if this is local to me or a nation wide roll out?📷

However, my point is what are the rules with regards to bodycams? In particular if an incident happens, while I understand you can request the hardwired CCTV material. Does anyone know the rules regarding these bodycams? As the security guards dont have easily indentifiable name tags, selecting the appropriate bodycam could be difficult. Also do you need to make a separate request, or saying all collected cctv images on the date/time would be enough?

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Bodycams and the JCP Empty Re: Bodycams and the JCP

Post by Caker Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:15 pm

I feel a FOI coming on.
Caker
Caker

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:19 am

I expect you'd have to get the footage from Allied Universal who bought out G4S at the beginning of the pandemic:

https://www.gmb.org.uk/network/commercial-services-section/security-noticeboard/g4s-noticeboard

On the 16th March, North American based, private equity backed security company Allied Universal received the required backing from G4S shareholders to proceed with the takeover of G4S. The takeover will mean that G4S will no longer be a company listed on the stock exchange but will instead become the largest private equity backed employer in the world. On the 6th April it was confirmed that Allied and G4S are now one company with all conditions to complete the sale having been met.

July:

GMB members across the DWP contract have been completing our survey, many of you have told us you have had to use food banks or rely on in-work benefits. This should be a source of shame for the DWP - the government department that seeks to help people into a job that gives them a decent standard of living. Based on our members feedback, they are failing on their own doorstep and now need to get their own house in order.

Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:02 am

Supermarket staff now receive body-worn cameras due to abuse at work

One store has introduced body-worn cameras to front-line staff against a background of unprecedented levels of retail crime

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/supermarket-staff-receive-body-worn-18732176

Guidance for Non-police use of Body Worn Cameras

https://www.bodycamera.co.uk/pages/guidance-for-non-police-use-of-body-worn-cameras

D.Appleby

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:24 pm

Thanks for the link #D.A 🤗

https://www.bodycamera.co.uk/pages/guidance-for-non-police-use-of-body-worn-cameras

I was wondering what the legislation with regards to presenting bodycam recorded material evidence was? Especially, if any consent is need to record person's in the footage.
Would you need to display a badge or lanyard, saying you have a 'bodycam' on your person. Like I believe you need to display a sign saying you home is fitted with CCTV equipment. 🤔

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum