BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who finds signing on phone calls intrusive?

5 posters

Go down

Who finds signing on phone calls intrusive? Empty Who finds signing on phone calls intrusive?

Post by Archangel Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:54 pm

Who finds signing on phone calls intrusive?

I do.

I prefer going to the JC to sign on. I find that it is easier to distract roaches away from my job search evidence, and other finding-work-topics they want to discuses, in the JC than on the phone. On the phone, they are able to fully concentrate on you, while in the JC they have other distractions, such as the noise, phones ringing, people coming in and out of the room etc. All acting as subminimal distractions from me.

Anyone else feel the same as me?

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Who finds signing on phone calls intrusive? Empty Re: Who finds signing on phone calls intrusive?

Post by MontyIsInnocent Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:05 am

Let them know that you do not have access to a phone anymore and you would prefer face-to-face appointments.

MontyIsInnocent
MontyIsInnocent

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who finds signing on phone calls intrusive? Empty Re: Who finds signing on phone calls intrusive?

Post by Archangel Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:39 am

They would say that face to face appointments are not possible seeing as my JC is closed for interviews etc.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MontyIsInnocent Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:42 am

Archangel wrote:They would say that face to face appointments are not possible seeing as my JC is closed for interviews etc.
They will have to offer you some alternative if you simply don't have a phone! Very Happy

...Depends what angle you want to hit them from...no phone or not comfortable speaking on the phone, either way some other method of contact can/should be arranged.
MontyIsInnocent
MontyIsInnocent

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Withdrawing my phone number and not being contactable via phone was one of the best things I ever did. They still tell me they intend to phone me and when I remind them I have no phone they often offer to provide a phone for me; I always politely decline.
Caker
Caker

jobberpw and bully3061 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MontyIsInnocent Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:39 am

Caker wrote:Withdrawing my phone number and not being contactable via phone was one of the best things I ever did. They still tell me they intend to phone me and when I remind them I have no phone they often offer to provide a phone for me; I always politely decline.
Out of interest, how do you participate in your appointments with your work coach? I have up until now done all of mine digitally, via the journal since my claim began approximately 3 months ago.  

I now have a new work coach (previous one was actually ok) and they are not happy with this method, claiming that my commitments say I must attend either phone or face-to-face.  They don't.  I pointed this out along with my reasons for not wanting to attend face-to-face but they are now saying face-to-face is mandatory for all claimant groups.

Last edited by MontyIsInnocent on Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
MontyIsInnocent
MontyIsInnocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:46 am

My roach called today for me to sign on. I told her that I would rather sign on in person and she said that was ok.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:16 pm

MontyIsInnocent wrote:
Caker wrote:Withdrawing my phone number and not being contactable via phone was one of the best things I ever did. They still tell me they intend to phone me and when I remind them I have no phone they often offer to provide a phone for me; I always politely decline.
Out of interest, how do you participate in your appointments with your work coach? I have up until now done all of mine digitally, via the journal since my claim began approximately 3 months ago.  

I now have a new work coach (previous one was actually ok) and they are not happy with this method, claiming that my commitments say I must attend either phone or face-to-face.  They don't.  I pointed this out along with my reasons for not wanting to attend face-to-face but they are now saying face-to-face is mandatory for all claimant groups.

It was via the UCj, but then a F2F appt was made and I never went, as I had started a job by then (and I hope it lasts or I find another and never return to the joke shop).
Caker
Caker

Absolut and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:02 pm

It just occurred to me that the phone conversations people have with their roaches if you sign on by phone, might be recorded by the JC. If so, this means that the roaches will be more strict about harassing you than they would be when you physically sign on. Probably scared to go easy on you while Big Brother is listening to the call.

Archangel

Caker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:31 pm

Archangel wrote:It just occurred to me that the phone conversations people have with their roaches if you sign on by phone, might be recorded by the JC. If so, this means that the roaches will be more strict about harassing you than they would be when you physically sign on. Probably scared to go easy on you while Big Brother is listening to the call.

Well to answer your question #Archangel.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/logs_of_calls_to_claimants#incoming-1831797

The FOI request, says that:

🔶"Any inbound/outbound calls from a work coach (clown) in a jobcentre would not be recorded".

Nothing about if the work Roach clown is remote working outside of the jcp office.???

🔶Also says in the foi : "Outbound/Inbound calls from a service centre by a case manager would be recorded".

Yet when I have phoned the DWP🚽 hotline, i usually get 'All calls may be monitored or recorded for security or training purposes"🤔???

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/767636/response/1831797/attach/html/3/FOI2021%2050409%20Response.pdf.html

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:14 am

They appear to be more brave on the phone...sometimes Twisted Evil . However I would record them, as I do, and take no crap if what they propose you feel is 'unreasonable,' to your personal circumstances Twisted Evil .

The FOI request, says that:

"Any inbound/outbound calls from a work coach (clown) in a jobcentre would not be recorded".

Until, they call Jobbers phone's and its all recording devices on 24/7 just in case Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by jobberpw on Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:34 am

Hi Caker,

Did they propose more face to face appointments because you withdrew consent for contact by phone ?

Jobber
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:34 am

jobberpw wrote:

Hi Caker,

Did they propose more face to face appointments because you withdrew consent for contact by phone ?

Jobber

Initially when I withdrew my phone number it was a huge deal and they tried to sanction me (long story, long time ago), but I got that over-turned.

After that it was the usual fortnightly F2F as they had to pay travel for extra visits so that calmed them down a bit.

Since lockdown they have scheduled phone appts which they had to cancel when I said I have no phone.

As lockdown eased off they started scheduling F2F appts but I fended them off by saying I had job interviews on the same day.

I then started a job so I cancelled the last F2F they had scheduled. I still work so it is a nice 'holiday' from having to attend the joke shop.

Last edited by Caker on Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caker
Caker

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:35 am

Hi Caker,

What you describe is very similar as to what happened with me more than once.

This must all come under their 'specific tailored support' ...my A... Very Happy

Congrats on getting a job and hope that al works out for you. Not having to visit roach shop is a blessing: twisted: .
jobberpw
jobberpw

Caker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down