BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injured my leg last week (Universal Credit)

3 posters

Go down

Injured my leg last week (Universal Credit) Empty Injured my leg last week (Universal Credit)

Post by Jara Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:36 pm

Hello everyone!

Last week I went from a fairly healthy person to someone who can barely leave their own home. I managed to injure my left leg. After some xrays I was told I fractured my leg and should rest for several weeks. I was told not to walk.

I reported a change of my health using my UC journal. My work coach said he wants a fit note after seven days. I will try to get a fit note tomorrow.

Right now I am able to use my computer for an about hour before I need to rest. Even though I reported my illness I am feeling too scared of sanctions if I stop applying for jobs. On JSA this would been easy with a JSA28.

What will happen after I sent them my fit note? Am I required right now to look for work that I could possibly do with my injury?

Jara

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Injured my leg last week (Universal Credit) Empty Re: Injured my leg last week (Universal Credit)

Post by Absolut Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:51 am

There isn't much information online, but it's down to what the GP puts - they might put fully not fit for work, or 'maybe' fit for work, with advice attached. Most don't bother. They will simply mark you as not fit for work. When I couldn't walk due to an operation I did job search (JSA), like you are, for about an hour, with my foot propped up on a chair, even though I didn't have to. As for sanctions, government advice is still "work from home if you can", we are all still wearing masks and sanctioning a person with a broken leg would surely result in that sanction being overturned.
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Injured my leg last week (Universal Credit) Empty Re: Injured my leg last week (Universal Credit)

Post by Pintel Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:00 pm

I found this FOI, linked to #Jara's issue.
What is a 'UC50', is it lke as #Jara mentioned the JSA28. But for the Universal Credit claimants? Any advice welcomed🤗

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/uc50_and_the_all_work_related_ac#incoming-1806265
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:36 am

Looks like the same form as the ESA50 - claim for long term incapacity to be put in limited capability for work group after an assessment.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:48 pm

Not a lot have happened since I started this thread. I been nagging my GP for a fit note since last week, but not gotten one yet. My GP just been super busy.

I had a change of work coach for a few days, but now back with my old one. Not sure of why. Seven days will soon have passed since I reported the change to my health, a bit worried what happens if I can't get a fit note by then.

Today I had a message from my work coach (looked like one of those group messages) saying there is a recruitment day for a large restaurant chain. Like they are going to hire someone with a fractured foot, so just a waste of time.

So yeah I have read a bit about the UC50 form. By the time I would get a decision after sending it, I should be able to walk again. Just sounds like another waste of time.

Jara

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:46 am

You can access most GPs online and request a fit note through their admin department. If you can't get through to the GP ask to speak to the practice manager.
Absolut
Absolut

cc120 and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:40 pm

Jara wrote:

So yeah I have read a bit about the UC50 form. By the time I would get a decision after sending it, I should be able to walk again. Just sounds like another waste of time.

Glad to hear your on the mend #Jara 🤗. Your right from what I have read the UC50, it is focus on perminant health issues?

I thought you used to be able to fill in a self-certificate on JSA, that lasted for 7/14 days. Just more burden on the health system 🙄. Its almost like the JCP🚽 dont expect claimants to temporarily fall ill.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/claiming/getting-universal-credit-if-youre-sick-or-disabled/
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down