BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limiting job search to specific areas of expertise

3 posters

Go down

Limiting job search to specific areas of expertise Empty Limiting job search to specific areas of expertise

Post by MontyIsInnocent Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:28 am

Hi,

Wondered if anyone had any real world experience or knowledge of how DWP approach people who wish to limit their job search to a specific area of expertise (ie., specific jobs within the IT sector for example).

I believe there is a section within the UC regulations which mentions this being possible, but for a maximum of 3 months.  I know when I've been on JSA many moons ago, I have limited my search for the entirety of my claim, but I'm guessing well this may be different now.

Thanks.
MontyIsInnocent
MontyIsInnocent

Back to top Go down

Limiting job search to specific areas of expertise Empty Re: Limiting job search to specific areas of expertise

Post by D.Appleby Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:23 pm

MontyIsInnocent wrote:Hi,

Wondered if anyone had any real world experience or knowledge of how DWP approach people who wish to limit their job search to a specific area of expertise (ie., specific jobs within the IT sector for example).

I believe there is a section within the UC regulations which mentions this being possible, but for a maximum of 3 months.  I know when I've been on JSA many moons ago, I have limited my search for the entirety of my claim, but I'm guessing well this may be different now.

Thanks.

Work search requirement and work availability requirement - limitations

97.—(1) Paragraphs (2) to (5) set out the limitations on a work search requirement and a work availability requirement.

(2) In the case of a claimant who is a relevant carer or a responsible carer or who has a physical or mental impairment, a work search and work availability requirement must be limited to the number of hours that is determined to be the claimant’s expected number of hours per week in accordance with regulation 88.

(3) A work search and work availability requirement must be limited to work that is in a location which would normally take the claimant—

(a)a maximum of 90 minutes to travel from home to the location; and

(b)a maximum of 90 minutes to travel from the location to home.

4) Where a claimant has previously carried out work of a particular nature, or at a particular level of remuneration, a work search requirement and a work availability requirement must be limited to work of a similar nature, or level of remuneration, for such period as the Secr(etary of State considers appropriate, but only if the Secretary of State is satisfied that the claimant will have reasonable prospects of obtaining paid work in spite of such limitation.

(5) The limitation in paragraph (4) is to apply for no more than 3 months beginning with—

(a)the date of claim; or

(b)if later, the date on which the claimant ceases paid work after falling within section 19 of the Act by virtue of regulation 90 (claimants subject to no work-related requirements - the earnings thresholds).

(6) Where a claimant has a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial adverse effect on the claimant’s ability to carry out work of a particular nature, or in particular locations, a work search or work availability requirement must not relate to work of such a nature or in such locations.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2013/9780111531938/regulation/97

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/549819/foi-2451-2013.pdf

Hope this is useful?

D.Appleby

Back to top Go down

Limiting job search to specific areas of expertise Empty Re: Limiting job search to specific areas of expertise

Post by MontyIsInnocent Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:45 am

Thanks for the info. I thought there was some provision for this.
MontyIsInnocent
MontyIsInnocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:26 pm

I can only do a desk job. They've accepted that as it's a fact.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down