BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twit-ter job fairs

3 posters

Go down

Twit-ter job fairs Empty Twit-ter job fairs

Post by Caker Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:40 am

Has anyone been told (by their WC) about these job fairs involving work-from-home vacancies?

Anyone have any experience of applying or even getting work this way?

Any good?
Caker
Caker

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Twit-ter job fairs Empty Re: Twit-ter job fairs

Post by D.Appleby Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Making the most of virtual job fairs

https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/careers-advice/making-the-most-of-virtual-job-fairs/

I am struggling to find reviews/feedback just now.

D.Appleby

Caker, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:07 am

From D. Appleby's link

Source: https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/careers-advice/making-the-most-of-virtual-job-fairs/

National Careers Service wrote:Wear appropriate clothing
During a virtual recruitment fair, you may speak to employers in a video interview. It will use a service like:

Google hangouts
Zoom
Employers will expect you to present a professional image. Remember to wear something smart and look well groomed. They will be looking at you as a potential representative of their organisation so make sure you leave a good impression.

I will have to refrain from any zoom interviews because of the state of my lock-down hair geek

Last edited by Caker on Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add more)
Caker
Caker

jobberpw and D.Appleby like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:01 am

Job fairs are useless in person, never mind thru the internetwork.

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:35 am

Caker wrote:

I will have to refrain from any zoom interviews because of the state of my lock-down hair geek

A lockdown wig might be the solution! lol!

https://www.google.com/search?q=wigs+lockdown&client=firefox-b-d&hl=en-US&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjv4OPoz4TvAhWR4YUKHYWODZ8Q_AUoAnoECBQQBA&biw=1300&bih=848

D.Appleby

Caker, jobberpw and sheeple like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:40 pm

Caker wrote:Has anyone been told (by their WC) about these job fairs involving work-from-home vacancies?

Anyone have any experience of applying or even getting work this way?

Any good?

Their above "idea" Caker, is a true classic...top draw.

It scary some are actually getting a living from making up these ideas. Next will be their old door knocking, give us a job policy dressed up as. The most direct way back into employment. Once achieved by this secret method, don't tell anyone. You will remain in work for longer.

Before the pandemic, they were beavering away behind the scenes dressing this up as, 'start your own business.' Usually filling millions of leaflets in free post envelopes. 😁😈 But, from home. Mentality is. Show us your "Work ethic" all you curtain twitchers.Fill a million envelopes in 8 hours = £50 but you can keep some of your UC 🤫😁

One day their going to realise their trying to sell everyone an illusion 🤔🙄...one day....one day.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel, sheeple and D.Appleby like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:33 am

....I did not find any jobs to apply for. All the jobs were computer based for people with specific experience in specific sectors.
Caker
Caker

jobberpw, Pintel and sheeple like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:42 am

Very similar to me Caker.

I come from what some would say is a tech background, with ecperience in IT. Have I any specific administrative qualifications or office experience no. But, I must apply for X just in case 🙄😡

What roach shop dress up as IT is anyone they can drag into a call centre. Nothing wrong with working in call centres for those that do but these provider companies should stop misleading people. I feel a lot of the younger generation will see through "provider companies" illusionary offers very quickly...for what they actually are.

I need a coffee.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Caker, Pintel, sheeple and D.Appleby like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:27 am

My problem has always been I've found 100s of jobs to apply to over the past 5 years and yet, those same jobs are miraculously there. Even with the same reference numbers 🙄🤔👿. Someone out there I feel, is playing some sick kind of game with the unemployed. It's taken a while for the penny to drop with me but...finally has and have given up. I mean, what employer in their right mind would be looking to hire a 60+ year old with health conditions. They need to bring in a UBI and fast because if they don't, I feel many like me will park themselves all the way up to retirement.

If the morons had a clue, then they would let people on UC etc, function in some self employed capacity without all the bullshit of UC conditionality.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Caker and sheeple like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down