BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take care what social media you use when applying for jobs

4 posters

Go down

Take care what social media you use when applying for jobs Empty Take care what social media you use when applying for jobs

Post by Admin Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:46 pm

Weve all had it by the jobcenter create an online profile blah blah

im not a facebook use and never will be however ive never liked the jobcenter trying to dictate that we use facebook to look for jobs or to have a social media online profile/portfolio

give this some thought it can be used against you when applying for jobs and could be the reason why you dont get a job

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Brutus, jobberpw and sheeple like this post

Back to top Go down

Take care what social media you use when applying for jobs Empty Re: Take care what social media you use when applying for jobs

Post by Welfare-Champion Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:22 pm

Although the work coach and the claimant may discuss the benefits of creating a profile on specific websites, neither Jobseeker’s Allowance or Universal Credit legislation, nor the associated policies include the requirement that claimants create profiles on specific websites.  As such, no information as requested exists.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/use_of_social_media_facebooklink#incoming-1388539

creating and maintaining job profiles - however, a claimant must not be mandated to use particular Internet or Social Media sites (this must be entirely voluntary)

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/613280/response/1467226/attach/2/IR2019%2038977%20reply.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Welfare-Champion

jobberpw, Pintel and sheeple like this post

Back to top Go down

Take care what social media you use when applying for jobs Empty Re: Take care what social media you use when applying for jobs

Post by Pintel Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:10 pm

Here's another reason to be careful on social media networks 😲, of the DWP 🚽 monitor claimants.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/dwp_spys_on_20_million_individua#incoming-1762922
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw, sheeple and D.Appleby like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:55 am

Best not to use any social media at all when applying for jobs unless you are happy with roachshop mentality.

Many other routes open to apply for jobs and the only reason roach shop particularly want many to use the likes of 'Linkedin' IMHO is, so their managers can have longer coffee breaks nosing at what claimants are upto.Wouldn't surprise me, that they are still trying to sell this gem of an idea of ''that claimants MUST use social media'' even though, it was pointed out to them by a FOI request that they do not have to... few years ago Twisted Evil .
jobberpw
jobberpw

sheeple and D.Appleby like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:12 pm

Here's one of them FOI's #jobberpw.
"A claimant cannot be mandated to use particular social media sites as a requirement of their claimant commitment and as such they cannot received any penalties/sanction for failing to do so. The use of social media sites as part of finding work or increasing their hours is entirely voluntary."😋

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/social_media_websites_for_job_se

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/612774/response/1457030/attach/html/2/WDTK%20Template%20FOI2019%2038061.pdf.html

On a similar theme:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/social_media_monitoring_254#incoming-1529097

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/638414/response/1529097/attach/html/2/WDTK%20Template%203159.pdf.html
"DWP response: where an investigation is already ongoing, DWP staff can use open source information from social media on a case by case basis to corroborate an allegation."🤪

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and sheeple like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:05 pm

Nice one Pintel,knew i'd seen it somewhere. I see the courses are all up and running .Providers already had people in yesterday.Incredible the lack of mentality.

Maybe, their giving out free masks with UC logo on Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel and sheeple like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:42 pm

You also have to wonder what 'cyber-stalking' 😵some of these providers are 'harvesting' aswell?
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and sheeple like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:50 am

Yes Pintel. Social media i feel has its place and maybe more for the so called professionals out there big business etc to communicate and link all their business buddies all in one place all at once.

But for the likes of people in our position.Social media could be used as a tracking tool by roach ville and also leaves us open to maybe getting rehired by some previous employer from HELL.Who noone wants to return to of which maybe for a variety of legitimate reasons.

I know people who have been in work and said the wrong thing on these crappy social media sites and come pay rise =£0.00 coincidence though;)

Roach Ville also like the notion of us all using social media dressed up as a tool to embarrass. "LOOK HERE! SHEEP FOR FREE!,GET THEM ALL HERE! GOING, GOING, GONE!! ...." Who the hell, wants to be advertising their unemployed status to the bloody world.That puts them in a negative position coming from it at the side of the fence where an unemployed person stands.Employers and agencies will have a field day once they see instantly the picture of x candidate.Thank god we dont have to use those poxy websites.

Had many conversations with agencies over the years we have a job paying £16 per hour etc , what's your status=unemployed Twisted Evil .How long? 6 years = thank you ...goodbye. Or, Oh! well give me a minute and i will get back to you.The call never comes Or, "we've spoke with the employer and appears they made an error on the pay rate.How do you feel about £11?" let you guess what i said to that something along the lines of no thank you Twisted Evil .
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel and sheeple like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:30 pm

I hear where your coming from #jobber.🤔
Mind you I have toyed with the idea of creating a 'Fake' social media account to do some 🎣 fishing. Just as an experiment, under a 'non de plume'. Just to see what happens?
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:29 pm

That's a good idea Pintel. Maybe,  use a VPN if you do. Could invent a screen name such as:Deep Pockets Dodgey Dave. 🤔😁
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:15 pm

I was thinking more of a completely new indenity 👽. Just wondering how far could you go with B-S and Networking? Up to getting personal ID or finance, from this newly created persona 💫. Not that I would ever do it. But you could see one of the 'on demand' television📺 stations, making a series out of it????
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down