BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken phone and availability on JSA

5 posters

Go down

Broken phone and availability on JSA Empty Broken phone and availability on JSA

Post by Gallazz Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:20 pm

On my CC it says "I am available to take calls form my work coach from 9-5 Monday-Friday." More fool me for accepting it.

I have a landline number which I could provide to JCP via email. Will that suffice in regards to the CC? Not sure I can afford a new mobile this month. I know conditionality is supposedly reduced at present, but not sure what to do.

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Broken phone and availability on JSA Empty Re: Broken phone and availability on JSA

Post by Caker Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:12 am

I wonder if they would provide you with a basic mobile phone if you emailed / left a journal message (not sure if you are on JSA or UC) to explain the situation. Either way, they need to know the reason you are not available to take calls.

I would not tell them you have a landline if there is another option.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Broken phone and availability on JSA Empty Re: Broken phone and availability on JSA

Post by Welfare-Champion Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:37 am

Gallazz wrote:On my CC it says "I am available to take calls form my work coach from 9-5 Monday-Friday." More fool me for accepting it.

I have a landline number which I could provide to JCP via email. Will that suffice in regards to the CC? Not sure I can afford a new mobile this month. I know conditionality is supposedly reduced at present, but not sure what to do.

At the present time there isn't an option to attend a face to face appointment.

If you feel more comfortable on-line, you can let JCP know that your phone is broken and you can be contacted via email.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:05 am

Welfare-Champion wrote:

At the present time there isn't an option to attend a face to face appointment.

If you feel more comfortable on-line, you can let JCP know that your phone is broken and you can be contacted via email.

It's on my CC that I'm also contactable via email, but maybe I'll send them an email saying the phone's broken and see if they offer to buy me a new one.

Gallazz

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:57 pm

Gallazz wrote:

It's on my CC that I'm also contactable via email, but maybe I'll send them an email saying the phone's broken and see if they offer to buy me a new one.

Not sure if the Flexible Support Fund is still funding mobile phones, but it's worth a try.  I think 1/2 people here have been offered a phone in the past.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Your-Situation/Looking-for-work/Flexible-Support-Fund

If you are required to participate in an email/telephone interview you must receive a lawful notice.

Welfare-Champion

Caker, jobberpw and Gallazz like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:36 pm

If you're on JSA there is no requirement for them to have anything but your home address. Ask for your CC to be updated to reflect that.

I haven't been contacted by or been asked to attend the Jobcentre since March because all they have is my home address.
ABC
ABC

Caker and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:58 pm

ABC wrote:If you're on JSA there is no requirement for them to have anything but your home address. Ask for your CC to be updated to reflect that.

I haven't been contacted by or been asked to attend the Jobcentre since March because all they have is my home address.

Hi ABC, is this the case for others on UC ? as always wondered what the regs etc are covering this issue.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down