BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thousands of new Work Coach vacancies open to Jobseekers across the UK

5 posters

Go down

Thousands of new Work Coach vacancies open to Jobseekers across the UK  Empty Thousands of new Work Coach vacancies open to Jobseekers across the UK

Post by Welfare-Champion Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:19 pm

Don't all rush at once! silent

Press release

Thousands of new Work Coach vacancies open across the UK

The number of Work Coaches is to be doubled to 27,000 nationally.

From today (Thursday 10 September 2020), jobseekers across the country will be able to apply for one of thousands of new jobcentre Work Coach vacancies being offered by the Department for Work and Pensions, as part of its pledge to double the number of Work Coaches to 27,000 by March 2021.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/thousands-of-new-work-coach-vacancies-open-across-the-uk

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Thousands of new Work Coach vacancies open to Jobseekers across the UK  Empty Re: Thousands of new Work Coach vacancies open to Jobseekers across the UK

Post by Caker Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:58 am

I note they are doing 12 month contracts. The pay is not abysmal either. Almost tempted.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Thousands of new Work Coach vacancies open to Jobseekers across the UK  Empty Re: Thousands of new Work Coach vacancies open to Jobseekers across the UK

Post by Pintel Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:33 pm

I noticed on the website it says:

"Work coaches will also offer vital retraining opportunities to people looking to start a new career."

I does anyone else think I should get s screenshot of this quote to show to my work-roach🤡... As the only "retraining"🦃🗑️ I've ever received has been a "Cat🐱 sat on Mat" course from the JCP!🤤 Unless I want a new career as a "A1 Poster presentation officer"🤢😵

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Pintel wrote:

I noticed on the website it says:

"Work coaches will also offer vital retraining opportunities to people looking to start  a new career."

I does anyone else think I should get s screenshot of this quote to show to my work-roach🤡... As the only "retraining"🦃🗑️ I've ever received has been a "Cat🐱 sat on Mat" course from the JCP!🤤 Unless I want a new career as a  "A1 Poster presentation officer"🤢😵

Definitely show them it.

I have never been offered useful training either. Anyone serious about training needs to arrange their own, then the JC staff will do their best to disrupt it (happened to me).
Caker
Caker

Admin and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:44 pm

Thousands of new Work Coach vacancies open to Jobseekers across the UK  Article-0-1871B04D00000578-579_964x713

lol!

Welfare-Champion

Admin, Caker, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:30 pm

I wonder how long you'd last as a work coach if you weren't prepared to impose sanctions. Is it discussed at interview to ensure that the applicant is comfortable with that aspect of the role? I guess I'm wondering if it's a job you could consider if you weren't prepared to sanction claimants.

Last edited by Gallazz on Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:36 am

Gallazz wrote:I wonder how long you'd last as a work coach if you weren't prepared to impose sanctions. Is it discussed at interview to ensure that the applicant is comfortable with that aspect of the role? I guess I'm wondering if it's a job you could consider if you weren't prepared too sanction claimants.

You raise a good point. I would love to hear from anyone who made it to the interview stage and could spill the beans. I wonder if there is anything on here. That site used to enable posted reviews of companies.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:45 pm

Caker wrote:
Gallazz wrote:I wonder how long you'd last as a work coach if you weren't prepared to impose sanctions. Is it discussed at interview to ensure that the applicant is comfortable with that aspect of the role? I guess I'm wondering if it's a job you could consider if you weren't prepared too sanction claimants.

You raise a good point. I would love to hear from anyone who made it to the interview stage and could spill the beans. I wonder if there is anything on here. That site used to enable posted reviews of companies.

I cannot find any mention of Work Coaches making a doubt referral to the Decision Maker within any DWP work Coach job vacancy I have seen to date, but I may have missed something.

Sanctions have reduced dramatically:

Research and analysis
Variation in the Universal Credit sanction rate between jobcentres from August 2017 to August 2019

Published 8 October 2020

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/variation-in-the-universal-credit-sanction-rate-between-jobcentres-from-august-2017-to-august-2019/variation-in-the-universal-credit-sanction-rate-between-jobcentres-from-august-2017-to-august-2019

The end goal for the majority is for a unconditional Basic Income.

Edit:
Have your say about a better benefits system:
https://www.commissiononsocialsecurity.org/

Last edited by Oncilla2 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:02 pm

Caker wrote:

I only got so far on Glassdoor before it demanded I post a review to continue, but there seems to be an interview question about "difficult conversations" or "a difficult announcement" Laughing

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Interview/Department-for-Work-And-Pensions-Dwp-Work-Coach-Interview-Questions-EI_IE142583.0,32_KO33,47.htm

Not sure when those reviews were posted though. Regarding the reduction in sanctions, I haven't had a job notified to me since autumn 2017.

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:55 am

You have to be a certain kind of 'person' to work in that place. I wouldn't work amongst that lot for 30k.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:38 pm

Been thinking with the recruitment of thousands of new work roaches clown. I was wondering if HMRC will be recruiting some more staff? I haven't heard anything on the news?  You could see the positives of these extra staffing levels. With all of the billions of £💰lost to the treasury, from tax evasion & offshore accounts 🏝️. From large companies avoiding paying their taxes. Instead they focus on the small 🐠, with the second 'Austerity' looming on the horizon in this country? You could see the positives of the creation of these new post at the HMRC.

Or do you think that clamping down on large companies 🦈 tax evasion, would harm donations to the their political 👺party. If they had to pay up their fair share of tax❓
Pintel
Pintel

Caker and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:05 pm

A very good point Pintel. Seems far easier for these muppets to come down harder on the little guy.

"I was wondering if HMRC will be recruiting some more staff? I haven't heard anything on the news? "

No but, i hear the insolvency service are Twisted Evil Laughing
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down