BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I feel sick thinking about being forced on to cashless welfare. It's so insulting

4 posters

Go down

I feel sick thinking about being forced on to cashless welfare. It's so insulting Empty I feel sick thinking about being forced on to cashless welfare. It's so insulting

Post by echidna Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:44 pm

I feel sick thinking about being forced on to cashless welfare. It's so insulting
This government is consumed with telling poor people how to live. Why do you care how I spend my money? ( Australia )
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/feb/06/i-feel-sick-thinking-about-being-forced-onto-cashless-welfare-its-so-insulting

echidna

Back to top Go down

I feel sick thinking about being forced on to cashless welfare. It's so insulting Empty Re: I feel sick thinking about being forced on to cashless welfare. It's so insulting

Post by Caker Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:33 pm

She makes a very good point about the policy being tantamount to financial abuse in that it takes away her financial agency to make independent spending choices.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

I feel sick thinking about being forced on to cashless welfare. It's so insulting Empty Re: I feel sick thinking about being forced on to cashless welfare. It's so insulting

Post by Paul61 Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:11 pm

A number of Country's have this system running, inc USA, New Zealand & Australia,
In Australia People on this system Are Told what they can buy, Cigarettes, Alcohol & Any Gambling product is Blocked.
This is certainty Not "Freedom of Choice" That Right Wing Governments such as The current Australian one, go on about.
There is much talk of it being rolled out here in the UK, After UC roll out is completed (Dont hold your Breath) .

Paul61

https://unemployment-gb.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:30 pm

Paul61 wrote:A number of Country's have this system running, inc USA, New Zealand & Australia,
In Australia People on this system Are Told what they can buy, Cigarettes, Alcohol & Any Gambling product is Blocked.
This is certainty Not "Freedom of Choice" That Right Wing Governments such as The current Australian one, go on about..

Quite; individual liberty for all except the poor.

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down