BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

references

4 posters

Go down

references Empty references

Post by Pintel Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:51 pm

I was talking to someone I met on a 'soft skills' course and they told me that they have been asked to provide some 'employment-references' to their work roach? Now I was wondering how, if legal is this under the "General Data Protection Regulations". As its not a job offer, so why do they need to know this information? So does anyone know about the legality of this sort of request from this work-roach?  confused

I can feel a FOI coming.... Twisted Evil  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

Last edited by Pintel on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

references Empty Re: references

Post by Welfare-Champion Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:58 pm

Pintel wrote:I was talking to someone I met on a 'soft skills' course and they told me that they have been asked to provide some 'employment-references' to their work roach? Now I was wondering how, if legal is this under the "General Data Protection Regulations". As its not a job offer, so why do they need to know this information? So does anyone know about the legality of this sort of request from this work-roach?  confused

I can feel a FOI coming.... Twisted Evil  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

This is a first!

References are given in confidence.  

Asking to provide references is not a labour market activity and something you have little control over.  Therefore, you are not required to provide this data to a third party or a work coach.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:15 am

I think this is very much in a similar vein to being asked to provide evidence (to a WC during a WS review) of having a passport (after the ID verification process is completed by another worker). Not a labour market activity so not needing to be complied with.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:54 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/640299/response/1535712/attach/html/2/WDTK%20Template%2004496.pdf.html

Got a reply from the DWP, they usual flannel  Rolling Eyes . Therefore, I would believe that work coach can’t ask for these references then? Also has anyone got any idea about what “Visual images” may needed to have about a claimant? Have they got my Avatar, or am I just being paranoid…. references 507219341

DWP Response:

I can confirm that the Department does not hold the information you have requested.  

DWP has no specific policy on Work Coaches requesting employer references, but does work
within the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).

In the interest of being helpful, you may find the DWP Personal Information Charter useful:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/personal-
information-charter

On our Personal Information Charter, it states the following:

The types of data that DWP use
The types of data that DWP processes about people will depend on the contact that DWP
has with them. An easy way to see what kind of information DWP processes for a
particular benefit is to look at the claim form for that benefit. Many of these are available
on GOV.UK.
Types of data that DWP processes include:
•  personal details
•  family, lifestyle and social circumstances
•  financial details
•  employment and education details
•  goods or services provided
•  education and training details
 visual images

references 1259455036
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:24 am

To me that looks like if you show them any photo' ID (passport or driving licence, for instance) they might (almost probably will) copy and scan it into the DWP computer system.

I could be wrong - needs clarifying.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:44 am

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4023-what-is-facial-recognition-and-how-sinister-is-it?highlight=facial+recognition#10951

I was thinking more down the line of ‘Facial recognition’ @Caker.  Suspect

Besides does anyone know about the GDPR with regards to collecting images/facial identification? As this feels like it is a step too far if the DWP (And associates) are collection this type of data. What is next collecting claimants fingerprints, DNA, height and weight, under the cloak of fraud prevention, from your caring sharing JCP? pale
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:28 pm

they already can with the right to share information

as goes for info

Types of data that DWP processes include:
 personal details
 family, lifestyle and social circumstances
 financial details
 employment and education details
 goods or services provided
 education and training details
 visual images

its too broad probably a reference when done some type of fraud or passed info

i may use my driving license dosnt mean the dwp can take a photo copy of it

weather they like to or not dosnt mean that they can as long as you dont consent to it

if you show it as a reference you are that person dosnt mean they can take it and photo copy it to add to there file

even if they want to do dosnt mean that they can ive refused it being photocopied didnt go down well either same as if you dont tick that tick box for dwp and your driving license to match to it
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:40 pm

Pintel wrote:https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4023-what-is-facial-recognition-and-how-sinister-is-it?highlight=facial+recognition#10951

I was thinking more down the line of ‘Facial recognition’ @Caker.  Suspect

Besides does anyone know about the GDPR with regards to collecting images/facial identification? As this feels like it is a step too far if the DWP (And associates) are collection this type of data. What is next collecting claimants fingerprints, DNA, height and weight, under the cloak of fraud prevention, from your caring sharing JCP?  pale

I am not aware that DWP use facial recognition technology (yet) but I would be very interested if anyone has submitted a FOI about it.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum