BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complaint of discrimination arising from disability

2 posters

Go down

Complaint of discrimination arising from disability Empty Complaint of discrimination arising from disability

Post by Welfare-Champion Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:11 am

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/making-complaint

Equality Service Advice - template

Your Address

Enter name of organisation

Enter organisations address

Date:

Dear Name of the person you are writing to,

Subject: Enter title of your letter/what is it about

Please accept this letter as a formal complaint of discrimination arising from disability and a failure to make a reasonable adjustment by (name of organisation).

See Template Letter Guidance for information on what to include in this section.

(Enter full details of the case and the impact on you.
Detail what has happened (unfavourable treatment) and explain why the reason is a consequence of your disability. Include details of your disability and any reasonable adjustments you feel they should have made. Be clear and concise.)

(Include information about who you have spoken with previously their name, job title and the date when you spoke to this person to resolve this issue).

The Equality Act 2010 (the Act) states I am protected against unlawful discrimination by you as a service provider because of my (state disability).

Discrimination arising from disability is defined in the Act as:

Unfavourable treatment, because of something arising in consequence of that person’s disability, and
   It cannot be shown that the treatment is a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim (‘objective justification’).

The way in which I was treated cannot be objectively justified as reasonable adjustments were not put in place for me.

Under the Equality Act 2010, as a service provider, not only do you have a duty to make reasonable adjustments for an individual who is at a substantial disadvantage at that time due to their disability, you also have to take positive steps to ensure that you anticipate the needs of potential disabled customers before they access your service.

It may be that you:

Change a provision, criterion or practice
   Change a physical feature, and/or
   Provide an auxiliary aid.

If it is reasonable for you the service provider to make an adjustment then it must be made. A failure to comply with this duty could be unlawful under the Equality Act 2010.

The adjustment which I consider that you have failed to make is (state the reasonable adjustment which require)

I would like you to respond to me in writing within 28 days from receipt of this letter with a view to resolving my complaint. In your response I would also like you to explain why you failed to make the reasonable adjustments.

Yours sincerely/faithfully (Delete as appropriate),

(Your name)

www.equalityadvisoryservice.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/336+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-b-d" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:agxR1fTxWygJ:www.equalityadvisoryservice.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/336+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-b-d

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Complaint of discrimination arising from disability Empty Re: Complaint of discrimination arising from disability

Post by Caker Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:54 pm

Yours sincerely/faithfully (Delete as appropriate),

It is 'sincerely' when writing to a named person or 'faithfully' if you have started with any of : 'Dear Sir' or 'Dear Madam' or 'To Whom It May Concern'.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down