BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘I Have A Job But I’m Homeless’: The Working Poor Who Can’t Afford To Rent

2 posters

Go down

‘I Have A Job But I’m Homeless’: The Working Poor Who Can’t Afford To Rent Empty ‘I Have A Job But I’m Homeless’: The Working Poor Who Can’t Afford To Rent

Post by echidna Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:25 pm

‘I Have A Job But I’m Homeless’: The Working Poor Who Can’t Afford To Rent
One in every 200 people in Britain is homeless – sleeping on the streets or stuck in temporary accommodation, including hostels and B&Bs, according to analysis from housing charity Shelter. But it might surprise you to know that despite not having a secure home, a small but significant proportion of people experiencing homelessness are in paid employment.
https://rightsinfo.org/job-homelessness-working-poor/

echidna

Back to top Go down

‘I Have A Job But I’m Homeless’: The Working Poor Who Can’t Afford To Rent Empty Re: ‘I Have A Job But I’m Homeless’: The Working Poor Who Can’t Afford To Rent

Post by Caker Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:01 pm

I think there needs to be something done about rental agencies being able to discriminate against people in receipt of HB. This seems to be a big contributor to the problem, although I acknowledge that low pay and high rents are the greater parts.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down