BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobsites deemed suitable by the DWP

+3
Caker
Absolut
Admin
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jobsites deemed suitable by the DWP  Empty Jobsites deemed suitable by the DWP

Post by Admin Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:27 am

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jobsites deemed suitable by the DWP  Empty Re: Jobsites deemed suitable by the DWP

Post by Absolut Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:13 am

If a claimant creates an account using a jobsite other than Find a job, it must be one that is deemed to be suitable by the Work Coach.

They can't say what is suitable and what isn't. It's a bit of rubbish they've thrown in there. No matter what job site a claimant uses the DWP has to absolve themselves of any responsibility for the content on that site or they could end up getting sued, such as when a job seeker ends up applying for a job on a particular site that ends up being a scam. There is a disclaimer on FaJ that states you are responsible for due diligence regarding any particular advert you apply for.

My job coach has a slide playing in her head at the moment where she asks me if I'm using more than one job site. She takes great pains never to actually recommend any job boards for me to look at Wink

Last edited by Absolut on Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Jobsites deemed suitable by the DWP  Empty Re: Jobsites deemed suitable by the DWP

Post by Caker Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:15 am

Absolut wrote:My job coach has a slide playing in her head at the moment where she asks me if I'm using more than one job site. She takes great pains never to actually recommend any job boards for me to look at Wink

Same thing happened to me. The WC asked if there was a second 'sector specific' site that I could use in addition to the one I currently use. There may well be but I have no intention of disclosing it in case it gets incorporated into a new CC at some point in the future Wink
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:27 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/creation_and_maintenance_of_an_o

Does anyone think this answers the question?

I don't.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:28 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:34 pm

nope and it never will do

theres no way dwp are going to state what sites are good and bad sites to use

just as much as they will skirt around when they are trying to mandate to use certain sites theres nothing in law written that a jobseeker needs to use a specific site to find a job
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:26 am

So under the circumstances, there needs to be a stance to take when a WC tries to mandate to a specific website.

I suggest the WC is asked why they recommend a particular site and what regulation they are relying upon. In the absence of such regulation, they will find nothing to rely upon (other than the vague legislation we have seen). They might then drop it instead of create more work for themselves.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi Caker, there is a FOI on all this in regard to roaches trying it on with their ideology of, must use website z. They tried this crap on me to use twitter etc. Have a look on whatdotheyknow, as think I remember it from there. I used this to shut a roach up few months back now.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:16 am

jobberpw wrote:They tried this crap on me to use twitter etc.

Use Twitter or look at Twitter? There's a difference. When a roach says to me "do you use Twitter?" my reply is "I look at JCP Twitter, yes". There's no actual need to sign up for a Twitter account (use) in order to read (look at) someone else's Twitter account (in this case the JCP). If they want proof that a claimant looks at JCP Twitter (or at anything) then they get into "logging in and out" and timestamps and rubbish like that which is usually too far into Clown World territory for them to pursue (timestamps can be faked btw).
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:05 pm

jobberpw wrote:Hi Caker, there is a FOI on all this in regard to roaches trying it on with their ideology of, must use website z. They tried this crap on me to use twitter etc. Have a look on whatdotheyknow, as think I remember it from there. I used this to shut a roach up few months back now.

It would certainly be helpful if you could give us a clue about which keyword would bring it up, if possible. Cheers.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:38 pm

Here a FOI that could be useful? sunny

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/612774/response/1457030/attach/2/WDTK%20Template%20FOI2019%2038061.pdf

A claimant cannot be mandated to use particular Social Media sites as a requirement of their claimant commitment and as such they cannot received any penalties / sanctions for failing todo so. The use of Social Media sites as part of finding work or increasing their hours is entirely voluntary.

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:52 pm

Nice one Pintel, that's the one for all roaches to take on board when they carry on their endless campaign of "everyone should /must, depending on what kind of day their having... use Facebook etc." 🤔😁
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:10 am

Well done Pintel, for finding this and well done to Simon Bailey for his persistence Wink
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:32 am

It does you good to get the occasional victory over these people    cheers .

Mind you I can feel another FOI coming on when the roach tried to tell me that ‘linkedin’ isn’t a social media site( then what is it?), or some other lame excuse????

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/linkedin-social-networking-site-business-people-mutalemwa

What is LinkedIn?

When most people talk about “Social Media,” they only concentrate on Facebook and Twitter. While these are the biggest social media sites, they are certainly not the only ones doing well. LinkedIn has managed to gather approximately 100 million users and is now one of the most influential social media networks on the internet.

Also I hope no one is going to apply for a job via ‘Facebook’ account etc., as they roach believes the way things are going! As could you imaging all of cyber stalking that an hr-dept would do to your account. And on the lookout for keywords: pulling a ‘sickie’ or 'can’t be bothered doing anything today'. That is really going to help you get the job. Evil or Very Mad
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:25 pm

Pintel wrote:As could you imaging all of cyber stalking that an hr-dept would do to your account.

It can work in reverse too - you can look up whoever is going to interview you Wink I did that once and discovered some very interesting 'gaps' in that person's LinkedIn list of jobs plus a claim that was not true (bulled up her job title) Laughing
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Jobsites deemed suitable by the DWP  Empty extra

Post by Pintel Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:06 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/jobsites_deemed_suitable_by_the#incoming-1442534

“However, UC claimants are asked to create an account and upload a Curriculum Vitae (CV) in Find a job or another jobsite when they make a new claim. If a claimant creates an account using a jobsite other than Find a job, it must be one that is deemed to be suitable by the Work Coach.”

Well they have replied as expected the DWP have not given an answer of what is "deemed to be suitable by the Work Coach"... No

"https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/608921/response/1458273/attach/html/2/IR2019%2037702%20Reply.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/jobsites_deemed_suitable_by_the_2#incoming-1458273

"We do not hold a list of jobsites within the UK for 2019 as this information is subject to change depending on the locality. We do not hold a list of employment sites and neither do we have criteria to deem their suitability."    scratch

Yet from the first FOI the work-coaches have the ability to do this?  

Jobsites deemed suitable by the DWP  507219341

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/484771/response/1169990/attach/2/FoI%202355%20reply.pdf

Do you recon that this FOI needs to go further, or will it be a waste of time as it is clearly that the DWP don't want to answer this question?   Question
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:38 pm

Pintel wrote:Do you recon that this FOI needs to go further, or will it be a waste of time as it is clearly that the DWP don't want to answer this question?   Question
You could always rephrase the question, pointing out their 2 contradictory answers regarding what is and isn't deemed "suitable."

Speaking to a few other UC claimaints the past few months at my jobcentre, it seems they've all been "instructed" to register and use Find a Job for their jobsearch evidence. One claimant I spoke to last week said he'd been told to provide evidence and his WC would only accept what is found on his FaJ account. When I told him they cannot do that he thought I was bullshitting him! I told him about this site and he should have a look to see all the bullcrap they feed us, but he wasn't interested. Even though he was clearly stressed out, having just finished being interrogated by his WC, he didn't want to cause any fuss in case his money was stopped... Mad
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:14 pm

It seem we are back to the 'Universal Jobmatch' scenario @Tarquin Flotsam?  Also "...and his WC would only accept what is found on his FaJ account." Surely there is some competition/monopolies issues here about forcing claimant to use the FaJ site? As the DWP can't even decide what job websites are suitable to use. Yet they are pushing the own FaJ site??? Is it to justify the amount of money they spent on it?  Neutral
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:27 pm

With regard to FaJ when I was first asked whether I had registered I replied yes and that was the end of the matter. I hadn't registered of course and still have not! Laughing
I do use it to job search though which can be done without registering.
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:39 pm

interesting

on wdtk site it claims advised to use faj site whilst on the other

The following link provided useful information and confirms that we advise claimants to register
with Find a Job:

universal credit site

If you are required to look for work, you will set up an account on a website called Find a job.

what i do note is that they dont confirm faj as being safe to use which in my eyes dosnt mean its a safe site
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:27 pm

FAJ has not been mentioned to me by any roach, so I am fortunate.

I don't have an account on FAJ, but looking at it, it seems possible to apply without registering, as it directs you to recruiters' own sites.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:25 pm

There is a FOI out there somewhere all about find a joke website. As far as I can remember the last stated doesn't have to be used. Just like you to upload a cv to it cover letter etc and never use it again. Things may have changed from when I last used it. Eyes are real tired but post FOI tomorrow if someone doesn't already beat me to it.

In my joke shop they spent the best part of a year trying to insist people HAD to use find a job similar to that other pile of garbage, UJM.

Once registered and have uploaded a cv to find a job it usually shuts them up. You certainly can't be made to use that website soley, as much as they would like to make that so. I and a few others just put up a bare bones cv very little detail and all has then been complied with and the jobsworths at joke Central can go back to sleep. 😴🙄😊

Last edited by jobberpw on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:30 pm

jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Jobsites deemed suitable by the DWP  Empty Absolut

Post by jobberpw Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:52 pm

It was use twitter. But I didn't.Then it was did I use Facebook which I gave a clear I don't. As have no need. They didn't like that either and roach started banging on about how I wasn't using the full potential of the Internet. 😁I asked were there any secret jobs on Facebook, anyone heard that bullshit line from jc etc? 😠

Also the trouble with saying you do, and especially at joke shop adds posted there, could end up with all sorts of crap being sent through the journal. Drove me nuts, had more cleaning and sales jobs than ever. They always like to try the "you must do this " until, someone finds they don't. 😊
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:52 am

My WC went through a phase of sending me inappropriate vacancies via the UCj. I applied for them and uploaded the rejection responses from each employer in turn. The WC backed off as they must have realised it was a waste of their time.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next